Hooray for casters!

seems like blizzard is trying to even up the game for casters, seeing as how the other PTR changes seem to be in physical DPSers favor.

Good change - the SP bonus was so drastically low - especially on Devout Aurastone Hammer. And whats more the lvl itemization was a complete trash.

3.1 becomes legendary man.

Deva said:
Good change - the SP bonus was so drastically low - especially on Devout Aurastone Hammer. And whats more the lvl itemization was a complete trash.

3.1 becomes legendary man.

i have a 29-palidan, the Devout Aurastone Hammer is better than anything with the game. the Skullbreaker mace other than being BC enchantible, doesn't even compare to the BoA. with the 3.1 changes to the caster mace.....nothing in vanilla WOW even will come close. the BoA's are becoming legendary gear

Grats to those who can aquire BoA gear. I find it quite depressing that twinks are being forced to buy new expansions and PvE to get this gear which seems like it will be top slot items. I wish they would upgrade the PvP gear while they were at it. It makes more sense to grind PvP to get top PvP gear, eh?

well, you don't necessarily need the gear, if you twink it's just there to make you grind to 80 IMO. i'm personally not going to do the grind, and noone else is forced to do it, but if you want perfect gear then noone's going to stop you.

Jambi said:
Grats to those who can aquire BoA gear. I find it quite depressing that twinks are being forced to buy new expansions and PvE to get this gear which seems like it will be top slot items. I wish they would upgrade the PvP gear while they were at it. It makes more sense to grind PvP to get top PvP gear, eh?

Boo hoo. Did you not expect WoW to have expansions with items you might want?

I however am happy to see my weapon getting buffed. Time to buy a second one.

Megamann said:

I however am happy to see my weapon getting buffed. Time to buy a second one.

Not for a twink. =P

Understandable, I just feel it's a bit of a waste of time to buy an expansion/level up to 80/farm instances so you can get some shoulders or staff or whatnot for a twink (especially if you spend most of your time on said twink). It's just a cloud in the head dream of mine that PvP gear was aquired through PvP ;) I'd love for Blizzard to expand on BG rewards, but it looks as if BoA is taking over.

Jambi said:
Understandable, I just feel it's a bit of a waste of time to buy an expansion/level up to 80/farm instances so you can get some shoulders or staff or whatnot for a twink (especially if you spend most of your time on said twink). It's just a cloud in the head dream of mine that PvP gear was aquired through PvP ;) I'd love for Blizzard to expand on BG rewards, but it looks as if BoA is taking over.

At lvl 60 and below, there really isn't much difference between gear you wanted for PvP and gear you wanted for PvE. The difference between the two only started to become apparent with the advent of Resilience in BC. At Wrath Arenas, "World of Burstcraft" has been termed because Resilience has such a high iLevel budget value that it quickly got overshadowed by PvE gear's DPS benefits except apparently, at the highest arena ratings.

Jambi said:

Oh I'm with you that it would be nice to get the twink level gear from PvPing. Would sure make it a lot more fair for everyone. However, I really don't feel bad about items being added in expansions that require the expansion to get. Frankly I think the expansions are a cool part of the game, and although I understand that not everyone thinks that way it doesn't mean Blizzard's hands should be tied behind their backs on their creative decisions because people refuse to upgrade, and people who buy and expansions should get more stuff. To me it'd be like me complaining that I can't get TCG loot or collectors edition pets. I have just as much opportunity to buy those extra's just like everyone else.

Anyway, you seem pretty reasonable so I suppose my rant isn't directed at you in any sort of way. Just how I feel whenever people get bothered because they didn't choose to upgrade.

i like PVP more at low level, so i know what you mean, yet i did pay to get those expansion... and i did find a lot of goodness in leveling to 80. i actually do play my 80 just to get every BOA i can for EVERY god damn charcaters i can create ! lots of fun it itself.

i guess it all depends on your server though.

people on PVP server have more trouble doing dungeons.

people on PVE have trouble finding PVP zones !

Megamann said:
Oh I'm with you that it would be nice to get the twink level gear from PvPing. Would sure make it a lot more fair for everyone. However, I really don't feel bad about items being added in expansions that require the expansion to get. Frankly I think the expansions are a cool part of the game, and although I understand that not everyone thinks that way it doesn't mean Blizzard's hands should be tied behind their backs on their creative decisions because people refuse to upgrade, and people who buy and expansions should get more stuff. To me it'd be like me complaining that I can't get TCG loot or collectors edition pets. I have just as much opportunity to buy those extra's just like everyone else.

Anyway, you seem pretty reasonable so I suppose my rant isn't directed at you in any sort of way. Just how I feel whenever people get bothered because they didn't choose to upgrade.

What I got out of his argument wasnt "complaining about not being able to get [item]" but rather that if you make a twink, you shouldnt have to upgrade abilities, gear etc. Making a character without having to continually improve it and just being able to play is a huge part of what twinking is about imo.

Also, a second point is that BoA's make it impossible to obtain perfect gear through self-twinking. The challenge of being able to get twinked without any outside help was what got me into twinking, so for me this is a big deal, but since Im assuming most twinks get geared with the help of their main, it's probably not an issue with the majority of twinks.

Users who are viewing this thread