Hitcap for Casts (Frostmage)

Hi guys my main char is The World of Warcraft Armory as you can see pure Frostmage CC and somehow getting endet up being FC , even if I know that I can support someone else better without being FC .. (but this depends on what kind of support I get..) but on this realmpool you get often a lot of nubs so whatever.

Well my question is I just read something here about a "HITCAP" .. yea I know my Cloak and my Ring give me some hit.. bout how much "Hit" makes me always hit on lvl 19? (never heard' of that)

peace out

Okay just to clear up my head.

Spell Hit Cap means that I will have with 7 Hit , always 100% chance to hit with spells(if player dont have res gear ..and stuff)? Right?

resilience doesn't affect chance to hit, just chance to crit. as far as i know! So yes, that is a correct statement. I know that for some classes there are talents that decrease opponent's chance to hit, but I don't think there are any in this bracket.

loveforeverygood said:
thanks dude <3

shit now i have 1 hit missing :(

:S?

My mage set (currently under construction) will have; +12hit

+4hit on back

+6hit on weapon

+2 on ring

so how would the hit cap be 7? or am I miss understanding? :p

Noo said:
:S?

My mage set (currently under construction) will have; +12hit

+4hit on back

+6hit on weapon

+2 on ring

so how would the hit cap be 7? or am I miss understanding? :p

The max u will actually see in game is 7, or 3%, even if your character sheet reads more. Similar to on neverwinter nights where max attack bonus was +20 even if the sheet showed more ;-)

Diiesel said:
The max u will actually see in game is 7, or 3%, even if your character sheet reads more. Similar to on neverwinter nights where max attack bonus was +20 even if the sheet showed more ;-)

Okay, I understand now, but, how is the hit cap calculated? %?

Just put some talent points in precision (frost tree) and you'll be fine

Tidal said:
spellhitrating/(8(19-8)/52)=spellhit%

cap is 4%

4%=6.769 rating

Someone mentioned in a thread in the 49s forum that the 1% chance to always miss a spell was removed in wotlk, which would make the new cap 5%.

no. /facepalm. THe spell hitcap is 4%. it used to be 3% but they removed the 1% chance to always miss. 4%

Cliche said:
no. /facepalm. THe spell hitcap is 4%. it used to be 3% but they removed the 1% chance to always miss. 4%

Never mind you're right. Nerf imo. At least the increased chance to miss +3 and higher level mobs made sense due to glancing blows.... a free +1% to hit makes none at all. GG blizzard logic.

Users who are viewing this thread