Hit

I think you should roll with 5 hit on boots

hunters have always been an anomaly at level 1 ... ranged attacks are based on +hit % true, but it's just it's just hit/miss/block on the combat rating system ... they can't be blocked, glanced, or parried ... while this has always been true, they seemed to need this patch to bring this fact to light since melee now will always be parried vs a lvl30(ish)+ mob now

+hit will still help you miss less and shouldn't be summarily dismissed, but you'll be hitting regardless . .. .however, with their new found sexiness, run speed for kiting is a must imo

expertise is worthless at lvl1 since you can't stack enough to push parry off the table

and technically, hunters don't hit more than melee ... they hit the same amount, they just don't have to worry about dodge / parry / glancing which is what makes melee so ineffective vs higher levels

and no ... i'm not back ... just forum lurking :)

Naw, but every once and a while he pops in to say hello.

So what about casters, then?

I recently turned a level 1 mage of mine into a twink, and +5 hit to boots is 16.25% to hit, which should theoretically mean I only miss .75% of the time vs ANY level mob (as per the stats reveal on the sheet). However, I find that when the mob is more than 5-6 levels above me, I miss consistantly, regardless of all the hit I have stacked. Is blizzard's calculation wrong, or are there more factors at work here?

Any other places to find hit for lvl 1 casters?

you always have a 1% chance to hit with a spell as a caster regardless of level ... that's 1 out of 100 casts

your stat sheet only goes up 3 lvls higher than you, so i don't know where you're getting your .75% miss chance vs any lvl from

boa grand staff of jordan gives 1 hit...that and boots is it...unless you're a druid/shaman and then you can use the boa chest for another 1%

Users who are viewing this thread