EU+US Highest item level for 19 rogue

I'm not positive if Mist-Piercing Goggles will work or not, as they don't even have an armor type? They arent cloth, mail, etc.

I have no idea.

We'll also have to see about items like The Rock, Tuxedo Pants, etc. I have a feeling these will have their ilvls lowered very soon.

Furthermore, with trinkets being disabled in PvP, I don't know if your ilvl from trinkets will matter or even count in instanced PvP.

I thought that too about Mist-Piercing Goggles so i bought a pair and it does seem that they count towards your ilvl, i went from ilvl 39 to 44 when equipting them.

As a melee you still need to use relevant weapons with damage and attack speed to be able to hit harder with abilities and auto attacks. The gained ilvl will not make up for the damage loss of not having a second weapon.

I want to know if wearing a shield or not will matter. If I lose out on some sort of armor stats, it may not be beneficial.

So far, for what we know, stats wont count at all, since all your stats will be normalized upon entering PvP-instances

So far, for what we know, stats wont count at all, since all your stats will be normalized upon entering PvP-instances
It's not about stats, it's literally about hitting with a weapon. If you don't have a weapon you won't deal damage. The stats don't matter, it's about having something for the stats to carry over with.
I want to know if wearing a shield or not will matter. If I lose out on some sort of armor stats, it may not be beneficial.
I'm not sure about the shield. The armor will carry over but I have no idea which will be better. I know 100% that weapons will be better than the lily, regardless of ilvl.

Exactly.

Now we just need to find out:
1) If shields should be worn for shield-users
2) If trinket ilvl counts towards your over-all ilvl (especiall PvP trinket, as it is being replaced with a spell you gain once you enter instanced PvP.)
3) If the items such as Mist-Piercing Goggles, The Rock, Stratholme Lily, etc. end up having lower ilvls than they currently do

Anyway, I have sets ready to go in both scenarios.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Purj/advanced

With all that high ilvl bullshit, I'll be at ilvl 46. I am at 37 without them (Normal rings, offhand, neck, etc.)

Here are my thoughts on what will happen
1. Shields will be for tankier/stam and lily (or other nonshield offhand) will be for more stats, unless the stats for the nonshield offhand gives more stam stats than the shield (which we do not know yet).
2. I believe that trinkets will count towards over-all ilvl as that is a big part of gear for pve, and I don't see why the ilvl wouldn't carry over for pvp.
3. It's a very big possibility that they get nerfed, but another big possibility is that it is possible that white/grey items are completely removed from the equation, or that only items with stats will be used to calculate the stats with ilvl.

i believe blizz in legion is changing armor type players can equip, warriors and paladins can no longer equip cloth, mail, leather any more. hunters and sham are no longer allowed leather or cloth. even current bal/guardian druids no cloth items. currently the only classes that are safe are DPS leather wearers rogue/ferals, and cloth classes

many quest rewards are being converted to appropriate armor level for legion, question is... if they will also convert items from already completed quest or reset quests so we can go back and get new item.

not sure if eng head gear which most at low levels is cloth, will get blizz's attention for class conversions?

So your saying that now, stats and BIS gear will mean absolutely nothing and it boils down to a big Hodge-Podge of random ilevl crap?

So your saying that now, stats and BIS gear will mean absolutely nothing and it boils down to a big Hodge-Podge of random ilevl crap?

There will still be BiS gear, but it will be all about item level, and not about stats on the gear. So yeah, anticipate several changes and everyone wearing the same gear.

Well obviously you would want actual weapons. But stats dont matter, although I have faith that Blizzard isn't stupid enough to suddenly make random white vendor items BiS in lower brackets

But stats dont matter, although I have faith that Blizzard isn't stupid enough to suddenly make random white vendor items BiS in lower brackets

It wouldn't be the first time. Back in 2.4, tinks would put Naxx enchantments on white shoulders. The shoulders would stay unbound, so they could be moved between characters.

But really, I think it's fine if some white vendor gear ends up being BiS.

It wouldn't be the first time. Back in 2.4, tinks would put Naxx enchantments on white shoulders. The shoulders would stay unbound, so they could be moved between characters.

But really, I think it's fine if some white vendor gear ends up being BiS.
Yes but those shoulders were meant as actual armor, not just cosmetics

Yes but those shoulders were meant as actual armor, not just cosmetics

True, but XP-off players have a colorful history of reappropriating what Blizzard "intended", when gear gets into a grey area. The Formal Dangui serves as the most prominent example in the 10-19 bracket from a few years ago.

We have worn Haliscan before too! It really has not been all that long ago since the Parachute Cloak was BiS. Some even still use it if they are lucky enough to have the correct enchant!

Users who are viewing this thread