Herbalism training

I looked under the professions guide, but all that was listed was mining and skinning. Is there a guide to getting 225 herbalism out there?

How about the best way to get 150 engineering?

The guide Rip linked is good, using it myself :eek:

That helps a bit, but I was looking for a description of where I could find nodes that weren't guarded. I've gotten it up to about 105, but everything I run into that I might get a skillup from seems to have a level 25+ guard nearby.

I soloed 1-225 at level 12, here's how:

1-100 w/e starting area you are in

then you go to Hillsbrad, this is where you farm it all the way to 225.

South of southshore, head back and forth between the small islands (east-west) far out in the ocean, outside murloc/naga reach. Collect stranglekelp from 100 to 160.

Then you collect Liferoot from 160 ro 225. You go north, and head back and forth along the river to western plaguelands. All the liferoots are on the riverbanks. Your turning points should be the north part of chillwind camp to the north, and the waterfall to the south. Sometimes there is a node at the bottom part of the waterfall, so turn exactly at the waterfall.

Along the river there are turtles (non aggressive), and bears, spiders, lions (aggressive). None of the aggressive ones can swim, so whenever you aggro one just find some deep water and wait for him to unaggro.

The last points are quite painful (the whole liferoot grind took me approximately 4-6 hours).

There is also a whole bunch of stranglekelp that you can herb along the shore of Ratchet....BTW does the mining/skinning bug still work?

if you plan on fishing for the hat, i wouldn't go engineering to get a +8 stam head piece. 225 mining will give you +7 stam. plus your really not wasting mats.

if you want to undo mining/herbing to skinning/herbing there is no real loss other than time spent. everything you mine or smelt will sell on AH, just like leather from skinning. engineering items don't all sell and if they do they go for far less than mats cost.

Users who are viewing this thread