Help with STV Fishing Tournament

Well today I decided that for the first time I am going to try out the fishing tournament and try to get a Lucky Fishing Hat. So today I went along the coast and noticed that they are tons of level 35+ creatures along the shoreline. And was constantly getting killed by them.

How does one solo the Tournament without help from a higher level?

i go to the south east and go along the coast there, just be careful of the odd npc warlock shadowbolting you ^^

a map taken of the route i take

beware of the giant, you can get past him but hug the cliff face ^^

u occasionaly get ganked but once someone has won the tournie normally there are very rarely any high lvls about so just watch out for npcs

and can you fish the keeflers anglefish out of those pools? or do you have to fish it out of a certain pool?

Omgimarogue said:
arent there bloodsail all up and down that coastline?

Yes but they are quite easy to avoid, even on a lvl 10 I can fish without aggroeing them 90% of the time.

There might be better places to fish but that is where I normally fish :p there are plenty of pools and rarely any competition

Theres also that one Troll island with no hostile NPCs at all, Im forgetting the name atm though.

I think it's called yojamba island to the north. Yup you won't aggro anything up there. You may encounter other twinks and may have to fight for pools.

Wild Shore is best imo. Sure, Yojomba doesen't have any mobs, but the spawn rate for pools is terrible.

The hat is stupid. it should be made illigal because I've been doing this stupid competition forever and never gotten a single rare fish. I always get at least 100 tastyfish too.

Slashdrive said:
The hat is stupid. it should be made illigal because I've been doing this stupid competition forever and never gotten a single rare fish. I always get at least 100 tastyfish too.

i feel with u dude : (

tryed it multiple times on 7 twinks and no one of them got it -_-

Misterflix said:
i feel with u dude : (

tryed it multiple times on 7 twinks and no one of them got it -_-

I've tried 2 years on my nelf rogue twink and never got it... Every contest I get up around 200+ tasty but never got a rare, only rares i got were boots and enough line to make my own fishing pole in the game.

Please, don't complain, it takes patience....

Wanna see a spot often over looked too?

Yojamba Isle

^ No Aggro, No Worries ;D

Users who are viewing this thread