US HELP! How does a f2p talk to others?

Wickham

Grandfathered
So I used to f2p on Aerie Peak Ally a long time ago, and I know there was a great addon that allowed chatting and populated your friends list. But its outdated and I'm wondering WTF am I supposed to do, aside from shell out $$. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

Odd, I havent been able to get the addon to work on either AP nor BH, AND I cant chat in the f2ptwinks channel or any other channels :(

Odd, I havent been able to get the addon to work on either AP nor BH, AND I cant chat in the f2ptwinks channel or any other channels :(

Are you sure you applied the addon on right? And if you're f2p, you can't talk on general channel, etc.

Every character you have that logs in with the addon active is added to a list, and that list is then broadcast every time you log in, on any character running the addon, to generate the list of alts that shows up when you mouseover someone's name in chat.

Because of that, by default the addon is disabled on all your characters when it's first installed, so you can choose which ones are added to the list. Just check that you have it enabled.

I haven't bothered updating it because it still works fine, and the only thing that has changed is the version number for WoW, which isn't worth making thousands of people do another download for so the number in the addon matches.

I might do a proper update for the next expansion, if I end up playing it, otherwise I'll just make changes to keep F2PAddon working.

Addon does work but so many people don't even use it so I deleted mine but if I see people using it again like old days then it would be super easy to get it back ;)

Alternatively, you can utilize the roleplay addons in the events you frequent roleplay realms. From there you can plaster in all caps that you have starter status and require either a group invite, or need to be whispered first in order to converse.

I might do a proper update for the next expansion, if I end up playing it, otherwise I'll just make changes to keep F2PAddon working.

Yasueh, for the record, F2PQ is not functioning. Still a fabulous addon tho ;-)

You have to play in AP. I don't know why there is so much more autistic fa*** that prefer to play alone in shitty random servers that no one cares or will help them to do anything as a f2p, than people who joins the f ucking f2p community and the f2p addon, an amazing feature, of Aerie Peak.

Users who are viewing this thread