help building my hunter for arena

dispersion

Legend
hey all,

I'm going to do arena with a buddy of mine as a hunter (he is a rogue) just or fun really.

Now im wondering what talent spec is the best? tryed MM the most where the burst is pretty good but sustained damage is awefull.

Also what items and pet(got a cat atm) i should ideally get.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Fugitive/simple

Any input or ideas would be appreciated (maybe armory's from other hunters).

Ciao,

In terms of gear i would reccomend you to check the two sticky's at the top of this page, one for Player vs. Environment and one for Player vs. Player, both are really usefull.

Wile i'm sadly unable to assist you in terms of spec, but i guess that as a pet i would take a spider duo to the root skill it has.

Hey there, I used to run disc/mage. When i played disc mage, we went up against a hunter / rogue. The burst was insane! My partner died within 3 seconds, I couldnt trinket the sap, or I'd go straight into a blind etc.

I forget the hunters name, but he had full gem gear. He had 20 agi in each socket, He also had synapse. So i'd level engi to get that or tazik whichever suits you.

Sadly like Nesyla, I can't give you tips on a spec or how to play etc.

Good luck!

Edit: Here is a nice hunter, It's aerodynamics. He's US. But im sure if you PM him he can help you out etc.

Armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Ghostwave/simple

Grab 3 socket legs from 1st boss sunwell and the 2 socket gloves from KJ cos the pvp 4 set is crap rest use pvp gear

weapons you should take golden bow of quelthalas from twins in sunwell and the fist weps off trash and KJ, yo ucan farm kara for the dagger but you prolly wont get it

as for gems i used 10 ressi 10 agi (lucent ametrine) in every socket and it put me at just over 30% ressi, i would link an armoury but hes 85 now gathering dust, got 2k in 3s like this as both MM and BM cant say much for 2s though

pets: if you feel you need roar of sac as BM then take a slithid because it has web and roar, if yoru going MM i think gorilas have roar, not to sure but i know yo ucan get it, if you dont feel you need it as MM then use a monkey for the blind.

monkey pet (not sure if 70s can still obtain if not get the flame raptor so untargetable) tbh resto sham or disc would be better then 2 dps while yes your burst will be great any mage / hpal / any dps really can 4 hit a hunter mages sometimes 2 hit depending on ur hunters resil if i vs double dps with hunter regardless of partner i run in aura mastery kill unless los etc. ur gonna be kill target even if ur with a mage easyer to lock mage kill you ( as u have no surv at all unless u double deterance from box to other box in dal arena ) even with perfect traps etc. if other teams has dispells its pritty much gg and all u will vs 70% of time is mage/ disc or rogue / disc or mage /rogue and mage/mage occastionaly tbh as double dps a rogue with tazik or feral with springs will drop u in 2 seconds regardless hunters are gimp as all fk but with new xpac may bring some light back to hunters glory as they were in wotlk 70s

MM actually has great steady dps when compared to other specs. BM is essentially over when BW dies out or your pet dies. Surv has ok steady but no real burst until the patch, when Explosive Shot gets buffed 15% damage. If you can stack haste to the point where AiS is below 1.7 second cast time, or SS is below the 1.3 second cast time, it will turn into much more burst than if you gem straight agility. The less time you spend casting, the better.

Don't forget the classic AiS Chimera shot combo. If you /assist your rogue while the healer is sapped, you can get a fast kill. Just watch out for LoS problems.

As the rest has been spoke for, Go grab a tenacity pet, Crab or Scorpid, former has a 4 second root, latter has a 10 second disarm, and both have access to www.wowhead.com/spell=53480, Tenacity pets being the only way to get it @ 70 as Marks/survival, it'll get you through a deep freeze or thereabouts, this and disengage are a hunters only 'class' defensive cooldowns at 70, 'side from Masters call at 74.

doesnt ghost pets give you Heal? should go with that and BM spec

Bm has insane burst + a stun + ( your pet abilety)

only problem is hard mage teams can just 2 icelance pet and dmg is gone

doesnt ghost pets give you Heal? should go with that and BM spec

Bm has insane burst + a stun + ( your pet abilety)

only problem is hard mage teams can just 2 icelance pet and dmg is gone

Yeah, Lowest level spirit beast is level 74, Arcturis, so you'd need to go 74 to pick him up, as it stands.

dont know if they have hot fixed raptor but is part of a quest where you turn a raptor to flames and as you do so you tame it and players cannot target it was used huge in arena recently but have not seen many around so may have been hot fixed

ye they fixed the raptor about 4 days after people started to find it out, now its just a normal raptor, shame, got a lot of whispers with that thing

na alot longer then 4 days rofl it was around for at least a month +

Users who are viewing this thread