Healing Addons?

The only addons I use are nameplate cooldowns and omnibar to track interrupts like kick or shear. Strictly from the healing perspective this is all you need to succeed as it shows you when you successfully juked someone's interrupt and when you are able to freecast without worry. Nameplate cooldowns is an important addon as it displays cooldowns that have been used above someone's nameplate. In a bg with multiple interrupts happening this gives you valuable information.

Everything else healing wise can be accomplished with mouseover/focus macros for abilities and are not needed. Just play smart and position yourself well and you should do well!

adding onto what tence said (not that hes wrong hes totally right,) if you're new to healing you might find healbot to be helpful. I don't use it myself but did way back when I was new to healing. one thing every twink should be using tho is battlegroundenemies forsure

Sweet, thanks for that. I shall get them downloaded. And thanks for the tip ;)
[doublepost=1535300264,1535300157][/doublepost]
adding onto what tence said (not that hes wrong hes totally right,) if you're new to healing you might find healbot to be helpful. I don't use it myself but did way back when I was new to healing. one thing every twink should be using tho is battlegroundenemies forsure

Not heard of the battlegroundenemies?? I defo don't need healbot xD used that like 8 years ago haha!

Sweet, thanks for that. I shall get them downloaded. And thanks for the tip ;)
[doublepost=1535300264,1535300157][/doublepost]

Not heard of the battlegroundenemies?? I defo don't need healbot xD used that like 8 years ago haha!
enemy.jpg

can use it to show both teams, left click to target, right to focus target. extremely useful

as you can see it also shows spec, racial cds, and trinket cds

EDIT: also, the coloured class bars are the players HP so it can be a nice assist for healing

enemy.jpg

can use it to show both teams, left click to target, right to focus target. extremely useful

as you can see it also shows spec, racial cds, and trinket cds

EDIT: also, the coloured class bars are the players HP so it can be a nice assist for healing

So this is Battlegroundenemies?? Looks pretty sick tbh. And does it work for both teams?? Or your team only?

I think this is a mistake and the lazy way out. Using these types of addons makes healing a bit easier but removes from your awareness of what's going on, instead focusing more so on the raid frames (tunnel visioning). Getting used to utilizing key binds, focus frames, and clicking on target frames to heal while also paying attention to whatever else is going on will benefit the player more in the long run.

As a healer your vision should be split between raid frames, maintaining good positioning, fakecasting when needed, and paying attention to what's going on around them. I may be wrong about how these addons are now but when I looked into them years ago they really seemed to promote tunnel visioning healing frames. As someone that has played as a healer both in end game pvp/raiding, and low level twink bgs for many years I would highly suggest you get used to using mouseover and focus macros instead of addons.

I think this is a mistake and the lazy way out. Using these types of addons makes healing a bit easier but removes from your awareness of what's going on, instead focusing more so on the raid frames (tunnel visioning). Getting used to utilizing key binds, focus frames, and clicking on target frames to heal while also paying attention to whatever else is going on will benefit the player more in the long run.

As a healer your vision should be split between raid frames, maintaining good positioning, fakecasting when needed, and paying attention to what's going on around them. I may be wrong about how these addons are now but when I looked into them years ago they really seemed to promote tunnel visioning healing frames. As someone that has played as a healer both in end game pvp/raiding, and low level twink bgs for many years I would highly suggest you get used to using mouseover and focus macros instead of addons.
You're completely right about getting used to healing but many of these addons fix the small problems we healers have with WoW.For example how inconsistent Mouseover macros are.Also some of these add-ons make healing in general more efficient.Lets use Clique and Disc Priest bubble as a example .If you bind right click as your bubble on Clique it will be a bit faster than clicking on the hero or raid frames then tapping your keybinding.

You're completely right about getting used to healing but many of these addons fix the small problems we healers have with WoW.For example how inconsistent Mouseover macros are.Also some of these add-ons make healing in general more efficient.Lets use Clique and Disc Priest bubble as a example .If you bind right click as your bubble on Clique it will be a bit faster than clicking on the hero or raid frames then tapping your keybinding.

I have never experienced any issues with mouseover macros being inconsistent, although I made mine in a way that they function normally with targeting frames or with the mouseover capabilities.

Your reason for using clique can easily be solved with mouseover macros. Furthermore I have personally found that assigning one hand to do one general aspect of the game and another hand to do another easier than switching them up reducing brain lag and letting you go on autopilot leaving you more time to focus on taking in as much information about the environment as possible. Personally I assign my mouse to the camera as well as targeting more specific targets. The keyboard hand takes care of spells, focusing targets, and targeting party members for dungeons or arenas. I believe where my playstyle and binding style differs from others is that I have it all geared towards healing and the rare time I play dps I adapt it to work rather than the other way around that other people likely have gone through.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that relying on addons like clique and whatever else will make you a worse healer and player. They are not needed. If blizzard added a system to track cooldowns in game like tracking trinkets in area I would not use any addons at all (besides maybe auctionator). Furthermore, you will go through mice much quicker using right click for a main ability on top of utilizing it for mobility and camera. You only get so many clicks man.

So what "healing" add-ons are you guys using when playing your 20-29 healing twinks??

HealerWithABrain is the best addon.

But yeah, in all seriousness.

BGE (BattleGroundEnemies), which was mentioned,

RangeDisplay (so you can easily tell who's in range, friendly or enemy),

OmniBar (or if you don't mind manual setups, InterruptBar), tracking enemy interrupts and other CD's.
Useful to know when you're safe to cast, as well as when enemies have dmg CD's ready, so predicting damage will be a lot easier.

OmniCC

Not really an addon, but set up your raidframes in a way that makes healing easy. Don't make it hard for yourself to target people with mouseover or whatever you prefer.

That should be about all that you'd need.

Got a Mouse over off a friend but it bugs sometimes with Lifebloom but I have the exact macro for Rejuv and regrowth and they work fine, I had a play last night and to be honest I don't want to much help from add-ons, after a long think I think I'll try a cool down tracker of some sort and find a good mouse over macro but I have to try and keep it a little "difficult" and do some of the work myself :D

Thanks for everyone's input, happy twinking ;)

Users who are viewing this thread