Haste Hunter? Possible?

Mrcer

OG
chardev 8 - WoW Cataclysm

Stats are really solid. Great amount of haste, good amount of crit, great health, and great AP. And if you go goblin you get an extra 1% attack speed + an extra disengage vs Human with the extra trinket slot or Worgen w/ an extra 1% crit + speed boost for extra kiting. :3 love itttt

Looks great, Sounds great, I love it :3

It is something I have spent loads of time trying/playing around with and experimenting with, believe me. I still come back to the same gear and build I have now.

It looks great "on paper" but the reality comes down to this. I tried to be neutral with the gear swap, i.e. use the same gear in your chardev and not my ranged weapon (which you can`t get no more). I did a direct swap and I saw these differences. (It is still neutral even though chardev does not show scope damage increase nor the crit bonus from Skinning it would seem).

Your chardev gained 6.1 white dps (shown) and the weapon hit for about 6-7 more, albeit slightly faster. The ingame focus regen gained from your little bit it of extra haste is unnoticeable, in the region of about 0.2 energy per second. Therefore it would take around two minutes to see the extra regen in the form of an extra arcane shot (again albeit GCD limited). As Survival, cast time reduction is only really effective on Steady Shot for PvP and your chardev nets around a 0.07 second reduction in cast time. It would be a dps increase, albeit limited due to:

My gear on your chardev (keeping professions and 2nd trinket the same) nets an extra 2.44% crit (shown) and a net gain of 190 health. So your theroretical dps gain from white attacks and the occasional very slightly shorter Steady Shot is largely mitigated. Then we have almost 200 more extra health. It is most likely helped by not being over hitcap although that is arguably fine versus Nelfs for example. Again the focus regen is unnoticeble especially in PvP.

So fractionally better burst (through extra crit) and more survivability (190 health), versus a slight improvement in steady dps (haste from white attacks and shorter cast time, which in that spec only improves Steady Shot as casted).

As burst and survivability is king in PvP, guess which I went for?

P.S. It is always fun to try new ideas and specs and a haste set may prove useful in a particular set of circumstances, but imo it is still inferior in PvP in the long run.

mrdoobry said:
It is something I have spent loads of time trying/playing around with and experimenting with, believe me. I still come back to the same gear and build I have now.

It looks great "on paper" but the reality comes down to this. I tried to be neutral with the gear swap, i.e. use the same gear in your chardev and not my ranged weapon (which you can`t get no more). I did a direct swap and I saw these differences. (It is still neutral even though chardev does not show scope damage increase nor the crit bonus from Skinning it would seem).

Your chardev gained 6.1 white dps (shown) and the weapon hit for about 6-7 more, albeit slightly faster. The ingame focus regen gained from your little bit it of extra haste is unnoticeable, in the region of about 0.2 energy per second. Therefore it would take around two minutes to see the extra regen in the form of an extra arcane shot (again albeit GCD limited). As Survival, cast time reduction is only really effective on Steady Shot for PvP and your chardev nets around a 0.07 second reduction in cast time. It would be a dps increase, albeit limited due to:

My gear on your chardev (keeping professions and 2nd trinket the same) nets an extra 2.44% crit (shown) and a net gain of 190 health. So your theroretical dps gain from white attacks and the occasional very slightly shorter Steady Shot is largely mitigated. Then we have almost 200 more extra health. It is most likely helped by not being over hitcap although that is arguably fine versus Nelfs for example. Again the focus regen is unnoticeble especially in PvP.

So fractionally better burst (through extra crit) and more survivability (190 health), versus a slight improvement in steady dps (haste from white attacks and shorter cast time, which in that spec only improves Steady Shot as casted).

As burst and survivability is king in PvP, guess which I went for?

P.S. It is always fun to try new ideas and specs and a haste set may prove useful in a particular set of circumstances, but imo it is still inferior in PvP in the long run.

So MrDoobry you are saying that haste is totally useless for a Hunter? I had the impression that it allowed you to shoot faster, for example if your auto shot speed is 2.7, if you stack haste it will drop to 2,2 for example. If haste is useless should I stick to my Worn Running Boots instead of Lucien's Boots for example, or Grovekeeper's Drape over the BoA cloak in order to maximize Agility and crit?

should do about the same as any other high-sta surv hunter

btw where is ur double agm??

I only put double AGMs for humans since they dont need a pvp trinket dori. Everyone else is AGM/PvPTrinket.

i think u mean goblin not worgen ;p

goblins get the 1% extra haste, worgens get 1% extra crit.

Mrcer you also forgot about Trolls and their zerking racial which increases their haste proportionally to their lost health or did they make it a flat percent now?

I believe it's a flat percent now. But yah, LB+Troll+the 10-11% haste would be pretty high.

And if you get rapid fire at 39 with the glyph you can get it higher where your internal CD on your auto shots and steady shot will take longer than your firing. My friend did it back in Wrath as a Troll hunter haste built. Popped everything and noticed he could do anything until his abilities got off CD like Steady Shot because he would be able to cast before the CD was up.

Trusttemptz said:
And if you get rapid fire at 39 with the glyph you can get it higher where your internal CD on your auto shots and steady shot will take longer than your firing. My friend did it back in Wrath as a Troll hunter haste built. Popped everything and noticed he could do anything until his abilities got off CD like Steady Shot because he would be able to cast before the CD was up.

my hunter buffs to 400% haste and im not sure wht you are talking about. true you can't use specials except on GCD, but your auto attack speed scales down with your haste, so when my attack speed is at .38 for example you can literally see 4 arrows in the air while shooting. these white shots aren't exactly "not doing anything"

Dangerdoom said:
my hunter buffs to 400% haste and im not sure wht you are talking about. true you can't use specials except on GCD, but your auto attack speed scales down with your haste, so when my attack speed is at .38 for example you can literally see 4 arrows in the air while shooting. these white shots aren't exactly "not doing anything"

Was talking about specials. And this happened in Wrath so hunters used mana :(

Due to the burst in the bracket the extra survivability outweighs any haste benefit. As mentioned before you can't get enough of it without slaughtering all your other stats for the marginal gain.

But you are welcome to go through all the experimentation and time getting haste gear to see for yourself.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread