Hacked =(

Dualbladex

Legend
Just letting you guys know (mainly my guild) that I have been hacked , I do not know what damage has been done so hopefully nothing happened.. when I logged in I was temporarily banned, so then I logged into my email and it said my account has been stolen.. its kind of my fault concedering 1) I do NOT have an authenicator 2)I've had the same password for nearly a year now.

Beagath - Garona - US

Looks like your char has been deleted or something cuz the link to your armory isn't working. Either it's the link or it's no problem at all and you can just make a ticket about restoring your chars.

notoriousthf said:
#start Randomness

When one of my friends got hacked, he tried logging in 1 year later. He suddenly had an 80 holy paladin with full tier 10 gear. He immediately got his PW and email changed.

#end Randomness

w8 so he changed his pw or email or the guy who lvl'd it changed it? who won? hacker or original owner???

MrZinty said:
w8 so he changed his pw or email or the guy who lvl'd it changed it? who won? hacker or original owner???

From the sound of it, when he got hacked, whoever hacked him didn't change his email and password and he did nothing to try and recover, so 1 year later whoever "stole" his account had geared up an 80 holydin and when he logged in and saw this, he "stole" the account back.

Let's ignore all the impossibilities of this story, shall we?

Sparhawk said:
From the sound of it, when he got hacked, whoever hacked him didn't change his email and password and he did nothing to try and recover, so 1 year later whoever "stole" his account had geared up an 80 holydin and when he logged in and saw this, he "stole" the account back.

Let's ignore all the impossibilities of this story, shall we?

It does sound very unlikely. If it happened to me I would get exactly 74 external, 3rd party authenticators and rape my account with them and change my pw and email ofc.

I have a feeling it was someone from Project WSG because number 1 ) I x-ferd and got /gkicked and ignored.. 2) they only deleted beagath.

Dualbladex said:
I't says I am temporarily banned, so what do I do?

Wait? what else can you do, if some dick wants to do things like that there isnt a lot you can do but wait.

Authenticators aside, but I will never buy one. I would rather delete my stuff myself. Personal dealings with blizzard employees made me come to that conclusion.

i get at times when blizz says we have detected a irregular pattern (which is actually true) on your account and they won't let me log in.

then i click on the link, and it tells to secure computer and to check my email and follow link to reset password. after PW is redone from my email link....no problems.

as for your case, blizzard or battle.net would not ever know a account was stolen. they would not know till you contact them and tell them it was stolen.

i and alot of players have gottten those phishing emails claiming account is banned, stolen, violations that will lead to ban, etc. they look at official, wanting verification info etc. but they are fake and attempts to steal your account. they also offer pets, mounts, gear, etc. they have close looking but not official sites like wow.blizzard.com

friend of mine fell for it in WOTLK, he got a email stating he was eligible for T10 gear, etc. to log onto the armory link below, if took him to a page that looked like wowarmory, he logged in, boom account stolen. he had to contact blizzard customer support to work on getting his account back. they were able to restore 4 of his 80's with the gear they had, however all gold and items in bags could not be restored.

if you got a email stating your account has been stolen, it was fake. you opened it, answered it, put information...your account is gone and actually stolen at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread