[H] 29 Lock Setup, looking for some constructive feedback

Hi. I play a hybrid warlock(SL+dmg talents) with 30k+ lifetime kills on 29. also played a lock at 70.

Hit rating:I use 11hit rating necklace as a hybrid build. Suppression for Affi build imo. I feel one of them is enough but you will miss often without them. If you are always with a heal-bot or dont care about miss(loss of gcd/mana) you can skip both.

Talent:I suggest you to play Full Affliction with Full DPS gear set. and try several Tank builds with Tank gear set. then Mix them for your hybrid build. I dont know your best balance between DPS/HP/Reduction. personally for solo pugging, around 1500hp is minimul without SL. You can go less hp with SL and other reduction talents. I switch gear set for more Sp when I get buffed.

Pet and talent:You better pick one of pets that you use. then spec for it. VW for Glasscanon build,Succy for Tank/CC build imo.

Glyphs:I use Corruption all the time. Surprise burst is always good to have. SL talent itself works just fine to me. I'll take demonic aegis over SL glyph if I need more reduction(about 1% phisical reduction/point and some healing bonus).

Gear set:My core sets with buffs are DPS(230shadow,low hp),Balance(180-190shadow,medium hp),Stamina(120ish sp,high hp).

Hope this helps.

Bazyl [US]Blackrock

If you want to be serious about the lock you will want multiple sets. You really will not want a flag running set, but if you like stamina for swapping mana I would aim for 100 spell power minimum. If you want to make a glass cannon set as well go for 170 spell power at bottoms. Balanced sets go for around 110 or 120 spell power. Personally I do not use pieces of gear that are of shadow or of fire damage because you will eventually be forced to use spells from other schools.

With a good talent build you will not need extra hit rating gears. From my experience it is extremely difficult to obtain 29 caster necks. Until you find one or River Pride Choker you may want to use Amulet of Truesight. Since you will already have truesight switch between necks once you find something to see if you miss often enough to make a large enough difference.

As for glyphs use something else for major and for minor use Glyph of Drain Soul.

As for talents I would not split your points in half. If you are going to be doing a build based around WV sacrifice or Succy seduction you will want to be deep demonology. If you want a glass set you will want deep affliction.

http://twinkinfo.com/forums/user-submitted-guides/4323-29-warlock.html

i agree, your gona want multiple sets, & dont split up your talents.

glowing magical bracers w/ +15

gallan cuff w/ stam

dont forget inferno robe and robe of argual

charred ring of eagle

[char=The+Venture+Co]Aitn[/char]

Thanks for all the advice guys, I already use multiple sets on my priest (up to 2200 hp self buffed stam set 121 sp self buffed without perfect eagle gear, spirit set etc.) Have most of my gear bookmarked and my friend should be able to run me for it provided he doesn't quit the game completely after this patch

Just have to level the lock now, and I'll figure out the balance when I've played a few games

Users who are viewing this thread