Guide : Get Your Lucky Fishing Hat and Nat Pagle’s Extreme Anglin’ Boots

Drayner

At least 2-3 times a night, I get asked, “Hey bro, where did you get that hat?”. I am not much for conversation in a game, so I give short answers and end up telling them to Google it. Well, I decided to throw together a guide to answer most of the questions someone might have about fishing in the tournament and catching the rare fish to get your Lucky Fishing Hat and Nat Pagle’s Extreme Anglin’ Boots.

fishingguide1.png

Read on to learn more about how to catch the right fish…

fishingguide2.jpg

What is the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza?

The Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza is a weekly fishing event held in Stranglethorn Vale. It takes place on Sundays from 2pm to 4pm server time.

The goal of the fishing tournament is to be the 1st to catch 40 Speckled Tastyfish. The winner gets their choice of from the Hook of the Master Angler or Arcanite Fishing Pole. I’ve got the trinket on my 49 Twink Warrior. It’s pretty fun, but useless for twinks really. I can’t count the times I’ve had 40 fish before someone won. It’s just not worth the time and effort to turn in. In fact, one time that I hit 40 I caught a rare on the next cast. Imagine if I would have hearthed back to win?

Read the rest here...

a couple notes regarding the Weather Beaten Journal.

• You can fish it out of any pool of fish/debris in STV or Zangarmarsh (I have more luck in STV)

• As long as you don't loot the trunk/chest it comes in, you can trade it to anyone on the same faction.

• If you do trade it, the person won't be able to view the journal in the trunk until they have a fishing skill of at least 1.

• You can learn "Find Fish" on your higher toon and catch all the trunks/chests then send them to your twink and may be lucky enough to get the Journal. Your toon who already has "Find Fish" won't be able to view the Journal, but I've personally tested it, and was able to catch a chest/trunk & give it to my twink who was able to see it.

Mazurati said:
a couple notes regarding the Weather Beaten Journal.

You can learn "Find Fish" on your higher toon and catch all the trunks/chests then send them to your twink and may be lucky enough to get the Journal. Your toon who already has "Find Fish" won't be able to view the Journal, but I've personally tested it, and was able to catch a chest/trunk & give it to my twink who was able to see it.

I might add, if you have all your bags full, except for one slot (for the chest from debree) you can get the chest, open it, and look inside without really getting anything out of it. Then, if there's cool stuff inside, you can choose to close the chest (just X it) and send it to any toon, or you can just throw it away.

This saves alot of bagspace on your twink, but takes a couple of seconds more. imho a good tradeoff. Hope this helps ;)

Cheers for the guide, now i Just need to get lucky, 3 weeks of trying and no look so far, although to be fair i did slack off after like 10 mins each week rofl

Gearsprocket said:
I might add, if you have all your bags full, except for one slot (for the chest from debree) you can get the chest, open it, and look inside without really getting anything out of it. Then, if there's cool stuff inside, you can choose to close the chest (just X it) and send it to any toon, or you can just throw it away.

This saves alot of bagspace on your twink, but takes a couple of seconds more. imho a good tradeoff. Hope this helps ;)

you won't see the weather beaten journal if you already learned find fish. I've already confirmed it.

fished a chest out with a player who already had "find fish," looked inside and didn't see the journal, traded it to another who did not have the skill and when that toon opened the trunk, there it was.

I think blizz should just make a quest line so i can be moer lazy :D

Thanks for the awesome guide- I got my hat and boots in the same contest- in teh same pool (of course, I moved and lost the boot fish- took anouther week to get it).

By and far, the best fishing guild for twinks available.

Does anyone know if you fish a school of tasty fish without looting the fish, will the school disappear after a few catches?

If it doesn't twinks can potentially sit at one school until some one poaches it or till we get a rare fish.

-Answer-

I tested it out this past Sunday. Regardless if you loot the fish or not, after successfully catching 3-5 fish the School of Tasty Fish will disappear.

that's an intersting question- it may be worth exploring.

I have one- can you have two hats/boots, or are they unique equiped?

Ah, I got lucky when I did this, I got the boots the first weekend, than hat the next, and my friend was farming my libram, and got it first kill. =P

im still trying for the boots but no luck this past tournament, just another fishing line. Got like 6 hats already total on my rogue. Too bad we cant trade them in for boots.

Users who are viewing this thread