EU+US [Guide] - Beast Mastery Hunter

I found out leech does not account for your pet's damaging abilities, only your hunter's damaging abilities. Wish I knew this before I equipped some gear >.<

Yeah, I saw the pets were getting healed. Guess I'll have to drop a point into Spirit Bond after all.

I found out leech does not account for your pet's damaging abilities, only your hunter's damaging abilities. Wish I knew this before I equipped some gear >.<
Yeah thats why I went for that artifact and I also posted that leech doesnt work xD

I'm considering making a hunter just because I would like to play a dwarf for once. (I'm currently playing a balance druid). Is there anything a bm hunter can do better than a balance druid?

On a side note did blizz increase the drop chance of 101 epics? My auction house sniper is showing auction after auction while previously I would encounter maybe 1 per hour.

Last edited:
I'm considering making a hunter just because I would like to play a dwarf for once. (I'm currently playing a balance druid). Is there anything a bm hunter can do better than a balance druid?

On a side note did blizz increase the drop chance of 101 epics? My auction house sniper is showing auction after auction while previously I would encounter maybe 1 per hour.
Single target is way better on hunters, AOE slightly weaker untill you get the 2nd golden trait (sitting on 700k-1.2m AOE now). As for the epics, I really hate it and makes me want to quit twinking. I've spend ALOT of gold in my char, more then anyone would ever imagine and with this change people are going to be equal geared in like a month coz all those 300k gold items will be 50k.

Which do you reckon will be best dps - the new 810 relics (multi-shot + aspect of the wild) or 2x kill command relics? Not sure how much weapon ilvl affects a BM hunter's DPS so I guess I'll probably have to sim it when I can be arsed :p

To answer my own question: yes it's a decent DPS upgrade to using 810 relics instead of Kill Command ones. Simcraft results for my char/gear (vers stacked) were:
Sustained over 3-5mins went from 386.8k to 399.4k (12.6k / 3.25% increase)
Burst over 30secs went from 688.5k to 712.3k (23.8k / 3.45% increase)

Hey chang, with you being the most active hunter above my ilvl that posts on here, with the dps talent setup that you mentioned I always feel so focus starved compared to when I'm using my other set up (main changes being stampede and volley for aoe/bust reasons on trash) I noticed a decent dps increase using your setup talent wise but damn did i feel starved as fuck on some focus which left for a good bit of downtime. how have you countered or dealt with that?

Hey chang, with you being the most active hunter above my ilvl that posts on here, with the dps talent setup that you mentioned I always feel so focus starved compared to when I'm using my other set up (main changes being stampede and volley for aoe/bust reasons on trash) I noticed a decent dps increase using your setup talent wise but damn did i feel starved as duck on some focus which left for a good bit of downtime. how have you countered or dealt with that?
I feel you, I suppose that's the only problem with this build, however there's no real way to deal with it, most of the times bosses and stuff die way to fast for me to even realize that this has become a problem. The way to deal with it might just be; wait untill your burst is up. :p

Something I never thought to check was whether it's worth going the bottom path through our artifact to get Titan's Thunder (great burst cd) and the Pack Leader (KC) traits, at a cost of losing Hati's kill commands and Jaws of Thunder.

You'll be glad to hear that the top path is indeed the best, but it's surprisingly close!
Burst (30 secs): 774.7k dps (top) vs 762.3k dps (bottom)
Sustained (3-5 mins): 437.2k dps (top) vs 423.4k dps (bottom)

Users who are viewing this thread