Grandmother Passed Away - Depression.

Captain

•ßøbbÿ• ;p
Today I had to deal with the sentence that broke me down like never before. My 93 year old grandmother passed away and my mom had to tell me as soon as I got back from high school. Her birthday was next week. I probably won't be active, because I just don't know how to deal with this. My grandmother looked at me and only knew my name. She couldn't talk anymore, but I could understand her whispers. My tears are smudging my typing, so I have to go. I just haven't dealt with anything like this before. I probably won't go to school or anything outside of laying on my bed for weeks. Would appreciate some advice. I'm going through depression right now, and my mind is in another world.

Last edited:
Go outside. Get some sun, maybe do some writing or listen to music. Get it out of your system and keep the good memories.

Unless you are a chronic depressant, pain is temporary. The more loss you deal with, the easier it gets (as sad as it sounds).

I lost my mom a few months ago. While it is very painful, you will feel better with time. For me, it helped to go to mom's house. Maybe I felt more connected to her there, not sure. It also helped to have supportive family members. Plus I was kept busy making arrangements and dealing with lawyers, etc. I think keeping busy helped as well, so that's a suggestion for you.

Today I had to deal with the sentence that broke me down like never before. My 93 year old grandmother passed away and my mom had to tell me as soon as I got back from high school. Her birthday was next week. I probably won't be active, because I just don't know how to deal with this. My grandmother looked at me and only knew my name. She couldn't talk anymore, but I could understand her whispers. My tears are smudging my typing, so I have to go. I just haven't dealt with anything like this before. I probably won't go to school or anything outside of laying on my bed for weeks. Would appreciate some advice. I'm going through depression right now, and my mind is in another world.

Hey dude, i've had several family losses - where as i've lost a whole family related to me because they passed away being ran over by a truck in their car.

Anyways, the best to do is just take your time. Yes you will cry and feel utter depression but its because you loved her. The only thing you need to do for your grand mother is to live on, and be happy to have the gift of Life, you will feel better but it just takes time to absorb all of this happening.

I hope you'll feel better soon, i've had depression in my life for 2 years and i'm the happiest guy alive now, you dont fight it you let it pass through. The feeling everything might get worse is an illusion you don't want to keep in the head.

You'll get through this, i promise. Just as @Laurasia said take your time, go out with your family. Maybe do something with friends and try to laugh, it cures things ;)

Update: Over the course of a week or so, I feel way better. My family and a couple hundred people gathered together and this really helped me. First few days were extremely rough, but now I feel as if this was for the best. My grandmother was suffering with pain and couldn't talk or eat. Thank you for all my B.net / Xpoff / irl friends that gave me advice and helped me through this. You are all the best! Have a great rest of your Sunday night =)

Update: Over the course of a week or so, I feel way better. My family and a couple hundred people gathered together and this really helped me. First few days were extremely rough, but now I feel as if this was for the best. My grandmother was suffering with pain and couldn't talk or eat. Thank you for all my B.net / Xpoff / irl friends that gave me advice and helped me through this. You are all the best! Have a great rest of your Sunday night =)
Yo dude, we're always here for you. Big respect for you to be able to trust this community with such a big information bell,

While I'll keep it short and sweet on this post, and offer my condolences...If you ever need to talk about it, I've been in your shoes.

Feel free to message me.

It's relieving to see others here are real people.

Except farnk. Farnk is a farnk.<3

Users who are viewing this thread