Grandfathered items, to be a problem in the long run ?

I noticed there is a lot of them in this bracket, compared to other brackets, is this going to be a problem in the long run ? Isn't it gonna draw away new futures twinks ? and instead they would just stick to 19 or go to 39 ?

I know for once this would be a reason why I wouldn't make a 29 rogue ever again, because it's just over they got an imba MH coming up, you either have it, or you don't :(

is there a list of grandfathered 29 items?

I don't see it being a huge problem since Blizzard plans to have BOA of every slot and BOA is BIS in most cases.

ye i was referring to skullbreaker, but it doesnt concern only rogues, cause there is 3 rewards in that quest, so hunters are concerned too, and clothies (but less impact) it's a horde quest btw...u pretty much need to transfer as alliance... it might even make the horde players too numerous, cause you can expect a few of them to not transfer back... so I'm telling you it's not super good

i thought i had seen another item somewhere, but I don't remember, maybe I was wrong

Duckhunt said:
I don't see it being a huge problem since Blizzard plans to have BOA of every slot and BOA is BIS in most cases.

not true, quests items very often beat heirlooms, as far as i remember, raptor tunic is bis at 29, skullbreaker will be bis, nail spitter will be bis, and there is a lot of other items that will need a sick amount of bad luck to be beaten by a boa... hell even Torturing Poker x 2 was bis, before 4.0.1, I dunno what it has become now. At 39, the new boa ring, will have a hard time to be bis...I think you can throw it down the toilet like the kalu'ak ring. So they can throw at us as many boa as they want, it doesnt mean they are bis ;(

we are talking about bis items right ? not close-to-bis alternate replacements

BoA PVE chest with +4 stats (one you get in dalaran) blows away raptor hunter tunic with +6 stats, has for a long time. not sure about the BoA PVP chest sold in wintergrasp

According to WoWhead, the quest for skullbreaker (and in my case, the Zealot's Robe) isn't going away. The items are getting a big buff, but the quest remains doable at 28. You're right if they do raise that quest -- that would be a serious issue. But I don't know if any quests that had their requirements raised in any bracket, let alone 29s. Only certain pieces of gear will have their required level raised, making them unusable.

As for the Raptor Hunter Tunic, BoA options and a couple of new quests in 4.0.3 challenge its superiority. It's a good piece of gear to have, but will no longer stand as BiS anymore come 4.0.3.

I had thought the Skullbreaker quest line was getting a higher level req in Cata. Though this now doesn't look to be the case. Can anyone on the Beta C/D?

Users who are viewing this thread