Grandfathered items - A curse, or a luxury?

Bakedaflol

The Arthritic Arch-Druid
A dilemma I often have: Due to being stocked up on grandfathered items that I dont wanna throw out, I often find myself locked into specifics.

The past few days I've been contemplating wether I should swap out Elemental Force on [Blade of Eternal Darkness] for Torrent of elements, wich is better with my burst.
Deleting a unique weapon with a gf'ed enchant seems like a trap I wouldn't wanna throw myself into. I'd say that's one of the biggest lessons we've learned from all the meta-shakeups over the past 3 expansions.

SO, trying to find ways around this, I've got [Mindbreaker Scepter] with Torrent, and Blade of Eternal darkness with Ele force.
If I see the opportunity, I do weapon swaps.
The 10% spelldmg from Torrent does affect the Elemental force dmg, Shadowbolt proc from the dagger, aswell as being a straight 250-400-something dmg-bonus on starsurge on top of that, during burst.

However, this gets a little niche... Especially considering this bursty meta won't always allow me to spend an empty global to swap a weapon that most likely won't proc during the enchant-buff's duration.
Resulting in me just running scepter alot of the time. Losing out on alot more Shadowbolt procs over the course of longer fights.

Since I'm having a laugh, and a little bit of a personal jihad about this, I thought I'd ask: What would you do? :KEKW:

Luxery problems :-D , i would save the GF’s and for sure farm a replacement !!!
100% - What makes this case so specific, is that Blade of eternal darkness is probably the only '1 per character' Unique purple still in the game :FrogeConcern:
Wich is why I felt the need to get creative with it >B^)

A curse 100%. Bad for the bracket, annoying to gear around, and super annoying when I don't have it. Also, it encourages things like hoarding useless green/blue/purple items, JUST IN CASE it becomes BiS or GF'ed next patch. And encourages twinks not to do any quests because what if the quest rewards suddenly become BiS or GF'ed next patch too. Pretty frustrating in general, and a perfectly balanced bracket would be free of GF'ed or broken items, but this is not a balanced bracket and Blizz does not care enough to fix it.

A curse 100%. Bad for the bracket, annoying to gear around, and super annoying when I don't have it. Also, it encourages things like hoarding useless green/blue/purple items, JUST IN CASE it becomes BiS or GF'ed next patch. And encourages twinks not to do any quests because what if the quest rewards suddenly become BiS or GF'ed next patch too. Pretty frustrating in general, and a perfectly balanced bracket would be free of GF'ed or broken items, but this is not a balanced bracket and Blizz does not care enough to fix it.
I get ya! There are big and small perks, ,most of them not outweighing the allround drawbacks..
BUT as a result, I've definetly had more fun playing F2P-alts this Xpac, compaired to earlier ones. Mostly just because of the freedom I have with a new character.
The positive is that it has reignited my love for some classes and specs, that I've not played in years :PepeComfy:

For the weapon. The only reason I haven’t farmed a speed proc version is because ele force is worth keeping

I have replaced all other gfd enchants with speed procs (save for boots w/ minor speed)

Gfd items are a blessing really for all cases except for dragon flight where it is kind of a curse lol. If/when blizzard updates professions and enchanting to reflect the updated item levels things will feel better

I’m sure that will be by the time there’s a new xpac/gearing meta available to us anyway

100% a curse, why is my 5 elements set still ilvl30 and not boosted to the ilvl74 from quest loot working int proc set bonus wouldve been pog

Users who are viewing this thread