Grandfathered Head / Leg enchants

Ishh

OG
sg1.jpg
sg2x.jpg

Some of you might have seen some twinks running around with these enchants:

-Shadow Guard

-Ice Guard

This is because Blizzard forgot to put level requirements on them. Pre-3.1 you could apply these through the trade window, but you can't do that anymore on live. Simply put, every twink that did this pre-3.1 got grandfathered.

Now that it's public it will hopefully get fixed soon. The last thing we need is fear immune hunters in the 19 bracket.

is it possible to attach em to boe gear and send to a twink?

experts goldminer for example is boe...

same with the +24 armor at 19 I belive

this won't happen...

you know why, because its not game breaking like all those exploit we used to have.

i do agree on it being fixed, if i can't get them the normal ways anymore then nobody should have them. but resistence has never been a good stat to begin with. it takes a huge amount of it to actually get it better and at that even at 19.

by the way, resistance do not make immunity... it only gets damage from that school down ! the why almost nobody ever wanted it even in high level.

ArthurianKnight said:
this won't happen...

you know why, because its not game breaking like all those exploit we used to have.

i do agree on it being fixed, if i can't get them the normal ways anymore then nobody should have them. but resistence has never been a good stat to begin with. it takes a huge amount of it to actually get it better and at that even at 19.

by the way, resistance do not make immunity... it only gets damage from that school down ! the why almost nobody ever wanted it even in high level.

I know it doesn't grant immunity. But I can imagine a Blood Elf/Draenei/Undead with 10 SR on cloak and these enchants (+20 SR) can be pretty hard to fear ;)

ArthurianKnight said:
this won't happen...

Actually you must not use resist sets, it can make a big difference, very big. I used to pvp at 60 with 120-140 resist sets versus casters (i was a demo lock with +60 from talents and gear) and it made them a complete joke. at 19 you need less than a third of waht i did at 60 for the same results. Now at 19 its not as potent as 29/39 etc because you dont have the resist auras/buffs/totems to stack with em, but it can be a great combo.

Use a mod taht shows your damage and how much is resisted on each spell/dot tick and you will quickly see that the difference is quite high. Now maybe its not a super potent thing at 19 because of hte lack of buffs to stack with it, but i think its well worth it esp if you switch up a few items as needed.

BorisBlade said:
Actually you must not use resist sets, it can make a big difference, very big. I used to pvp at 60 with 120-140 resist sets versus casters (i was a demo lock with +60 from talents and gear) and it made them a complete joke. at 19 you need less than a third of waht i did at 60 for the same results. Now at 19 its not as potent as 29/39 etc because you dont have the resist auras/buffs/totems to stack with em, but it can be a great combo.

Use a mod taht shows your damage and how much is resisted on each spell/dot tick and you will quickly see that the difference is quite high. Now maybe its not a super potent thing at 19 because of hte lack of buffs to stack with it, but i think its well worth it esp if you switch up a few items as needed.

Anyone remember the Nemesis 5 set bonus? Pet gains 130 resistances + 60 resistances from the old talents + whatever the Felhunter had at level 60 lol Something like 260+ resistances to all schools... ahhh the mage QQ was sweet back then!

-X

Users who are viewing this thread