EU+US Got some mail gear, which class to make?

Which class do you vote?

• Shaman enhance

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • shaman elemental

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • hunter mm

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • hunter BM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rcleave

Grandfathered
HeyGuys, sooo.. i have like all mail pieces possible lyin around on my main which around 850ish with sockets, all of them. Also mail gloves leggy.

Ok so i was wondering, i made a twink BM hunter back when 101 got just got popular, and i was enjoying it a bit.
But, ive never tried MM or surv, and this is for pve, boost runs, solos and raid clears.

Also how are shamans doing likewise in pve.

So my main question is where these two classes sit atm, and each spec.
So pros and cons are appreciatet.

Surv is pretty good for pve. Kinda squishy for raid bosses I guess if ur talking about wod raids.

Depends how far into the ap grind you can go as a 101-109, enhance shaman is pretty amazing the more traits you got unlocked, same for ele although slightly less so

Going Enhance for artifact and using Deth'Hamma for offspec is the most versatile option imo. Elemental Sham burst is great and chain lightning spam aoe is easy/fun. Enhance has the best sustain, and burst can be good, depending on Fan procs. MM hunts can 3-4 shot bosses in dungeons (given you stack mastery like my hunt, get crit/mastery proc from trinket and get crits) I can not really comment on Bm hunts abilities vs. MM as a comparison. Can 100% say that Bm hunts aoe can be artifact dependent. But nonetheless, I would go for the Enhance/Ele offspec combo. You get the best geared caster class (Ele burst rivals MM), and the highest potential sustained dps (enhance) for your buck.

As an elemental Shaman I can recommend ele Shaman. The Burst damage is awesome and the sustain isnt that bad if you play with Lightning rod. Sure I got the legendary trinket so I can run and oneshot everything with it but chain lightning and Earthquake does a lot of damage for AoE.
If you want to play Elemental Shaman I can fully recommend it. Im playing my 101 Ele Shaman since Novembre 16' and I still have lots of fun.

Since I hit 100% Mastery, which means my Spells are always hitting twice , I am not playing the Ascendance spec anymore. Ascendace was great for Bossfights but the 3 minutes cooldown is way to long.

Now Im going for the Lightning Rod Spec.

First I'll show you my talents and try to explain why I choosed them and afterwards I'll do a Plus/Contra List.

Talents
15 -Totem Mastery - each second 1 Mahlstrom, 10% increased damage of Flameshock and 2% Haste but it scales with your Gear. I get 3,54% from it. Big plus point from me.

30 - Gust of Wind - you can choose any other talent too, I only take it for NL Farming 3rd Boss for the second Chest.

45 -Lightning Surge Totem - Great Aoe Stun, speaks for itself

60 - Ancestral Swiftness - Gains 6% haste, which scales again with your Gear, I get 10% from it. Big plus point from me.

75 - Elemental Blast - Massive Damage. With Cd's it hits with 900k, twice + let us gain 2 stats. (Mastery/Haste/Crit)

90 - Liquid Magma Totem - Great AoE Damage. It hits with 100k every 0.5 Sec (depends on your Haste!) which is insane.

100 - Lightning Rod - When its up, your Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning damage does 40% damage AGAIN. And now the BIG Point why I play with it. With Stormkeeper. your Trait "Power of the Maelstrom" + 100% Mastery as I have you'll do a "Lightning Combo" which means you do !6! Casts with 1 Lightning Bolt (1 Lightning as normal cast + 1 from mastery + 1 from Power of the Maelstrom + each damage will set off Lightning Rod) which does insane Damage in a very short period of time and INSTANT. And for AoE its also very good, just spam Chain Lightning.

Stats

Int > Mastery (100%) > Haste > Crit > Versatility.

Plus/Contra List on Elemental Shaman
+ great Bossdps (~ 1,5m dps average on Boss [3,12m personal record])
+ great AoE damage
+ great mobility
+ good survivability
+ good control with AoE Stun, Slows, kicks

- you have to stand still when you want to cast (except with Stormkeeper)

Last edited:
As an elemental Shaman I can recommend ele Shaman. The Burst damage is awesome and the sustain isnt that bad if you play with Lightning rod. Sure I got the legendary trinket so I can run and oneshot everything with it but chain lightning and Earthquake does a lot of damage for AoE.
well ive had a 101 ele shamy before aswell, but it was at 13 ranks only, at what stage would you say elemental is shineing through?

I can thoroughly recommend MM, great spec and it's very fun! I wrote about it here or here's a quote
For PvE, here's what I can write up on MM whilst i'm in work, hopefully it'll help you a bit.

My mastery gives me about 63 Yards range & 232% increased damage, couple this with the Barrage talent it makes for some hilarious room clears, especially when Trueshot is active. Boss kills with Trueshot up can last anywhere from 4-10 seconds (My fastest kill is 2.03 seconds on Warlord in EoA) and without CDs i'd say 12-25 seconds depending on luck with crits/procs.

MM relies on Marked Shot procs from auto shot & crits. I'd say this is probably the worst part of the spec, RNG can really slow you down at times, although overall it's pretty consistent. Another con, movement speed is pretty poor when you're not running and gunning. Lots of my movement comes from Bear Tartare and the disengage talent Farstrider (15% chance on crit to reset Disengage cooldown). Though this isn't usually a problem in dungeons.

Personally I find BM boring and always have since wotlk. So MM has always been my go-to for Hunter so with the other specs, i don't have a clue how they compare as i've never seen a full geared Survival/BM hunter at 101 but i'd love to be told/see how it performs!

If you have any MM questions, let me know. If you're also on EU I can show you how it performs myself!

Hopefully this isn't too badly written and has the information you're looking for, wrote it up quickly in work!

Have a nice day. :)

Edit - forgot to mention, if PvP is what you're interested in i'd choose BM for sure. MM misses way too much.

Users who are viewing this thread