Gorrote Spec

Murk

OG
I have now gone fully into gorrote speccing but there are a few things that can boost your gorrote damage.

Code:

Code:

Code:

As far as i know, the first 2 are added, then the glyph applies to that damage.

I don't want to waste 25g re-spec and glyph purchase just to see what damage i get though.

Anyone tried this? and is it useful in Pvp situations?

links arent there. help?

you can see them if you hit "quote".

Um, im not entirely sure how useful garrote is. i know that it ignores armor and its more reliable than backstabs, but when you're putting all your power behind an opener usually people go for full ambush/backstabs.

Those builds are probably alot more viable now with all the +hit available, but if you're in an experimental mood load up as much AP as you can get and try it out.

Garrote is going to be alot more powerful with the upcoming changes to hunters and druids. It will prevent them from going to Aspect of the Cheetah or Travel form simply because of the long DoT you are applying. Personally I wouldn't use the glyph. Pick up Glyph of Sprint instead. Mobility and the ability to catch your target will be preemptive after this next patch.

Btw Garrote is based off your AP.

[(20 + AP * 0.07) * 6] damage over 18 sec, increased by your attack power.

Sorry I don't play a rogue where does it say that Garrote ignores armor? If it does I would definately use garrote as an opener followed by an expose armor.

Grabco said:
Sorry I don't play a rogue where does it say that Garrote ignores armor? If it does I would definately use garrote as an opener followed by an expose armor.

It's physical damage. So yes it's going to be reduced via armor. Expose armor is the traditional follow up to it. But that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about applying a DoT. Preventing them from using the upcoming speed abilities in the next patch for the next 18 seconds, which is a long time with a rogue on you.

Am I missing something? I played a rogue in all of TBC, but Im not sure where you (mummified) got the idea that garrote will stop druids/hunters from going into aspect of the cheetah or travel form...? Aspect of the cheetah only dazes you on initial damage, not DoT's (im pretty sure...) and druids can switch in travel form any time they want - as long as they are not in a building

dots and bleeds wont daze

Still, garrote does a crap of damage - its my opener of choice, even on cloth. I wouldnt want to lose stuff from the other trees tho - esp cause in 'good' fights you only get to open once.

garrote spec sounds amazing, would be even crazier if they threw in poisons so you could kite. but then again, what rogue in the 19s would need to kite, they hit like a warrior, but 10 times faster :]

Interesting, Garrote/expose armor against pallies, druids and warriors then

Seems from the comments on the glyph of garrote wowhead page that all 3 equals 1.2 * 1.2 * 1.3 for 1.872 times your usual damage, so the formula would be

(20 + AP * 0.07) * 11.232 damage over 15 seconds. 200 AP would be 5 ticks of about 76 damage.

Also of note:

In order to get both opportunity and blood spatter, you only have one point left for imp gogue or imp SS. Huge utility loss there.

I could see maybe grabbing opportunity instead of 2% crit from a normal build (3/7/0 or w.e, depending on your +hit from gear).

Mummified said:
It's physical damage. So yes it's going to be reduced via armor. Expose armor is the traditional follow up to it. But that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about applying a DoT. Preventing them from using the upcoming speed abilities in the next patch for the next 18 seconds, which is a long time with a rogue on you.

How does a dot prevent someone from using travel form, lol?

Users who are viewing this thread