GMs are watching random AB games for the roof exploit...

...or at least I think so. Hehe. I and two others just received whispers from GMs at the same time whilst on top of the roof at Stables. I got mine almost the very second I got up there. The other two players did as well. We were not reported, the coincidence is way too insane to even consider.

Just letting you know to be careful. Hehe. He told me it was an exploitation and the next action against this will regard actions toward my account. But anyways...be careful!! =D

Cyrexis said:
...or at least I think so. Hehe. I and two others just received whispers from GMs at the same time whilst on top of the roof at Stables. I got mine almost the very second I got up there. The other two players did as well. We were not reported, the coincidence is way too insane to even consider.

Just letting you know to be careful. Hehe. He told me it was an exploitation and the next action against this will regard actions toward my account. But anyways...be careful!! =D

=O never seem how this exploit works (hunter dosent count then)

thats ridiculous... seriously you can get to the roof with legit methods, why can't they just stick an invisible wall around the roof

I agree and then I disagree.

All you have to do, it jump in the left corner of the out house and keep jumping and you're up there. True. Sounds harmless.

Well, I have 2k health, +375 Fire Damage and very well skilled. I have Lifebloom which refills my health almost to 100%. When I get up there, there isn't anything that can live in or near the Stables, seeing how I am ranged. I generally can have someone two shotted before they even get close enough to get up on the roof with me to even have a chance of killing me.

So, in essence, I do understand where they are coming from with this. But also, this is a very simple fix, I don't know why they wouldn't just hotfix it instead of having GMs actually watch for it.

Heró said:
thats ridiculous... seriously you can get to the roof with legit methods, why can't they just stick an invisible wall around the roof

for the same reason they cant nerf ret paladins?

i say they need to seriously crack down on all kinds of exploits like this, exploit imo has two deinitions. 1 for realistic things and one for violating blizz's intention.

this one and WSG exploits fall under the realistic exploit.

u arn't supposed to be able to climb the walls of silverwing, or the logs of warsong hold, get to the top of stables by climbing an outhouse, or scale the gy's in wsg either.

All of these things blizz should fix and watch for imo. take a lil pride in the way these battle grounds are set up plz blizz, we use them heavily, from lvl 10-80!

I am also against other exploits and hacks, including gear wise (just to clarify) and won 't use them myself.

devourer said:
i say they need to seriously crack down on all kinds of exploits like this, exploit imo has two deinitions. 1 for realistic things and one for violating blizz's intention.

this one and WSG exploits fall under the realistic exploit.

u arn't supposed to be able to climb the walls of silverwing, or the logs of warsong hold, get to the top of stables by climbing an outhouse, or scale the gy's in wsg either.

All of these things blizz should fix and watch for imo. take a lil pride in the way these battle grounds are set up plz blizz, we use them heavily, from lvl 10-80!

I am also against other exploits and hacks, including gear wise (just to clarify) and won 't use them myself.

I feel the same. I won't use any exploits enchants under any circumstances. But I will admit, I have been guilty of using terrain exploits. /shame

But I don't use them on a continuous basis. Every now and then, I may hop on top of the ST roof or jump up on the tree stump near the Alliance base entrance. I do agree that it does have to be dealt with. Because like I said, once I get up there, it takes an army to bring me down. That is the number one reason why I don't use them all the time. I know it makes it unfair.

players can get on farm roof too

they go behind were the fireplace is, on the left side of the brick smoke stack and jump till they hit a traction spot and boom they are on roof.

Blizz has fixed alot of exploits one can view on youtube, but parts of WSG are yet to be fixed

I never knew you could just jump up there. I always started the match out with rocket boots on and Jump/boot/Levitated from the starting spot. -> this method is 100% within the mechanics of the game.. but ya lets just nerf the most profitless, worthless profession in the game again.

I'm guessing someone have reported the OP earlier, which made the GM put him on his List to Watch, as they have to catch exploiters red handed.

Either way I feel this is NOT an exploit. If it was an exploit in Blizzard's mind then I fell they should take action to fix it instead of having their GM's patrol the area. Its rediculous for them to expect people not to use it, and then to try to give people a warning smack with a GM message for doing it.

Lepidosteus said:
I'm guessing someone have reported the OP earlier, which made the GM put him on his List to Watch, as they have to catch exploiters red handed.

Well I know this and I thought this as well. But, however, three people in the same game, at the same time received PMs from different GMs. I just find that way too large of a coincidence.

I don't know if I would label this an 'exploit' but it does have to be dealt with. Sure, I can use engineering boots and etc. to get up there. But when I am at a height to where no one can reach me, and I can pretty much one and two shot anything and everything that comes near, does that make it fair?

Blizzard allowed Pallies to use Exorcism. But was that fair? No, it made an imbalance in the PVP zones. This pretty much the same thing. Even though we can do it with legit measures, that does not make it fair.

=D

I don't know how much of an exploit it can be when I got up there the first time I saw someone on the roof to kill him.

I generally think exploits are something you can't easily replicate. This one was too easy and I didn't consider it an exploit.

Ugarak said:
Either way I feel this is NOT an exploit. If it was an exploit in Blizzard's mind then I fell they should take action to fix it instead of having their GM's patrol the area. Its rediculous for them to expect people not to use it, and then to try to give people a warning smack with a GM message for doing it.

You are not supposed to be there.

Hence, it is an exploit.

I was originally from a huge community of Halo players that had the sole intention of getting places you weren't supposed to, whether it was single player or multiplayer.

We typically had a rule that was-

If you can't get there through means provided easily by the game, it was an exploit.

We made a large distinction between "Glitch" and "Exploit".

The resilience shoulder enchant that you could get until recently would be considered a glitch on the basis that you didn't have to do anything odd in order to make it work, while the leg/head enchant exploit was just that; an exploit. It required copious amounts of work and was extremely difficult for someone who had never done it.

Getting on top of Stables is something that everyone can do with relative ease.

I myself have an affinity for getting odd places during AB matches. While I've yet to crack LM, I have found a way on top of the BS roof using only a series of moderately simple jumps.

The way I see it, if you think it's wrong and you see someone doing it, get up there with them. I naturally assume that roughly 75% of people who think it's wrong are melee of some kind, so they see it as more unfair than a ranged DPS would, however, as melee, you have the upper hand on the roof. They either have to get down, or get killed by you.

I'd like to say that this is not an exploit, and if Blizzard feels it should go away(admittedly it probably should) then they should hotfix it with an invisible wall.

Besides, just because you weren't supposed to do something doesn't make it an exploit. Hunters were never meant to be able to trap-dance in order to effectively increase DPS in raids. It just happened that Blizz made a miscalculation and didn't foresee our ingenuity. They got rid of it after a few months, but it wasn't an exploit, it was smart playing. =P

Users who are viewing this thread