Glowing Magical Bracelets

Got it on my second run in Scarlet Halls after leveling Urfired from 24 to 29 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These were mentioned on the "lets get prepped" thread about 3-4 months ago. Too bad many 29's did not "prep".
Tsk tsk
/cheers

Sweetsidney

These were mentioned on the "lets get prepped" thread about 3-4 months ago. Too bad many 29's did not "prep".
Tsk tsk
/cheers

Sweetsidney
\

I think you mean "too bad many new 29s did not "prep"", since the prior-to-6.0.2 29s that have posted in this thread, have been likely looking to offload their excess GMBs (28 doomhammer, 8 illidan, etc). :)

Shaket

\

I think you mean "too bad many new 29s did not "prep"", since the prior-to-6.0.2 29s that have posted in this thread, have been likely looking to offload their excess GMBs (28 doomhammer, 8 illidan, etc). :)

Shaket

I meant exactly what I stated. Too bad many did not prep when I posted that thread 3-4 months before the prepatch took place. Instead, I was berated for "invading" the 29 section. As was the other author of the other preparation thread for the expansion in the 25-29 section.
/cheers

\

Shaket

I don't think that 2 pre 6.0.2 twinks having/selling these items discredits what Sweetdisney said at all. Like at all

I meant exactly what I stated. Too bad many did not prep when I posted that thread 3-4 months before the prepatch took place. Instead, I was berated for "invading" the 29 section. As was the other author of the other preparation thread for the expansion in the 25-29 section.
/cheers

Except that the 29s who were 29 at the time that you made that thread, are the ones who don't need to worry about finding Glowing Magical Bracelets, because they already have half a dozen of them(at least). Thus, the word "new" acts as a qualifier to improve the veracity of the statement being discussed. Don't be willfully dense.

Except that the 29s who were 29 at the time that you made that thread, are the ones who don't need to worry about finding Glowing Magical Bracelets, because they already have half a dozen of them(at least). Thus, the word "new" acts as a qualifier to improve the veracity of the statement being discussed. Don't be willfully dense.
And don't be"willfully" spewing your vitriol.
Let's see some examples of "29's that were already 29's" that " have half a dozen of them(at least).
/cheers

And don't be"willfully" spewing your vitriol.
Let's see some examples of "29's that were already 29's" that " have half a dozen of them(at least).
/cheers
You know 29's existed prior to 6.02 right?...

Allybeboba said:
/cheers

You posted a thread about trying to get people active in a bracket plagued with balance problems, at a time when it was impossible to tell what 6.0 was going to be like. The PTR wasn't up yet, massive changes hadn't been made yet to classes, and anything someone would have done to 'prepare' could have easily been a waste of time. For example, in 5.4, the down scaling from enchants was fixed based on which expansion they sourced from. Vanilla enchants didn't down scale at all (making them superior in many cases). MoP enchants down scaled the most, making them worse in most cases. TBC, Wotlk, and Cata enchants were BiS depending on whether or not they provided a stat or effect not available anywhere else or had some sort of scaling issue that made them better.

In 6.0, all enchants have level scaling based on the level of the player wearing it, making it incredibly difficult to parse which enchant is actually BiS. Some of them are not down scaling at all, others are bugged (or have bugged tooltips), and the majority of them are subject to the stat squish (making the down scaling worse for higher level enchants). This presents a problem because the enchants a player might have grabbed in 5.4 are likely different than the enchants they would use in 6.0.

So if someone spent a bunch of time farming Aldor/Scryer rep for shoulder enchants, only to have MoP enchants down scale better, that's a waste of time. Likewise, if they aren't super rich on their server, and they spent a lot of gold on MoP enchants like Dancing Steel, only to have them not be as good in 6.0, that's a waste of time. What about those folks who worked super hard for 2200 enchants like Glorious Tyranny, only to find pvp power scaling for shit in 6.0?

That's why we told you to wait for PTR. Even on the PTR there were so many hotfixes and random changes occurring over the 6 weeks that it was difficult to parse what would be BIS in 6.0. After 6.0 launch, they were still hotfixing enchants, healing/damage numbers, ect.

You posted a thread about trying to get people active in a bracket plagued with balance problems, at a time when it was impossible to tell what 6.0 was going to be like. The PTR wasn't up yet, massive changes hadn't been made yet to classes, and anything someone would have done to 'prepare' could have easily been a waste of time. For example, in 5.4, the down scaling from enchants was fixed based on which expansion they sourced from. Vanilla enchants didn't down scale at all (making them superior in many cases). MoP enchants down scaled the most, making them worse in most cases. TBC, Wotlk, and Cata enchants were BiS depending on whether or not they provided a stat or effect not available anywhere else or had some sort of scaling issue that made them better.

In 6.0, all enchants have level scaling based on the level of the player wearing it, making it incredibly difficult to parse which enchant is actually BiS. Some of them are not down scaling at all, others are bugged (or have bugged tooltips), and the majority of them are subject to the stat squish (making the down scaling worse for higher level enchants). This presents a problem because the enchants a player might have grabbed in 5.4 are likely different than the enchants they would use in 6.0.

So if someone spent a bunch of time farming Aldor/Scryer rep for shoulder enchants, only to have MoP enchants down scale better, that's a waste of time. Likewise, if they aren't super rich on their server, and they spent a lot of gold on MoP enchants like Dancing Steel, only to have them not be as good in 6.0, that's a waste of time. What about those folks who worked super hard for 2200 enchants like Glorious Tyranny, only to find pvp power scaling for shit in 6.0?

That's why we told you to wait for PTR. Even on the PTR there were so many hotfixes and random changes occurring over the 6 weeks that it was difficult to parse what would be BIS in 6.0. After 6.0 launch, they were still hotfixing enchants, healing/damage numbers, ect.

Not a "waste of time"at all. As long as you had a good time doing it would not be a" waste of time". By your train of thought, 29's were a "waste of time" for four years". Or even having Scryers/Aldors rep at all was a "waste of time". The "thrill of the hunt" is the fun part of the game for many. You should change your outlook on the game, nay, you should change your outlook on life and stop being such a negative ninnie. Don't look at the cup as half empty, look at it as half full. Have fun, life will be a lot better for you! You will have a lot less wrinkles when you grow up.
/cheers

Sweetsidney

Users who are viewing this thread