Glove enchant for a rogue?

I'm torn between 26 AP, 15 hit rating, or 10 crit. anyone got any ideas?

well definately not 10 crit...

id go with 15 agi or 15 hit depending on ur rogue's gear, would've been nice to include an armory link so we could've helped u better

Ramune said:

I'd go with 15 hit or 10 crit if you're already hit capped.

oooh, thanks. i was hoping to find a site like that. i think i'm going to go with hit rating. thanks for the help guys.

Chardev doesn't seem to have an option to change the random enchants on blue items.... i can view them but not actually apply them to my character. am I just missing something?

ohhh ok, thanks!

edit:

Here is my Chardev link.

Edit2: with precise strikes on my gloves, my hit % is 5.54. anyone know the cap for a 49?

Ramune said:
Edit2: with precise strikes on my gloves, my hit % is 5.54. anyone know the cap for a 49?

Think 5% hit is cap for "yellow" (or special attacks) for melee in every level.

be sure to get at 5% hit.

stylecap is 5% at any lvl.

if you got 5% without the enchant, look if you can switch out items to more stats than the actual setup + hit enchant. if impossible, use the hit enchant.

if capped, and don't want to use the hit enchant -> 15agi or AP enchant.

without other sources of hit -> hit to gloves in your case.

just in case it hasn't sunk in yt:

5% is hit cap for special ("yellow") attacks vs. a same lvl mob or player.

but certain classes have talents to reduce their chance to be hit, so being over 5% doesn't hurt, plus anything over 5% adds to your white damage's chance to hit.

also keep in mind you can still miss, be dodged or parried. but if you're significantly over 5% w/o +15 hit then choose ap or agility.

I have 5.53% melee hit with my Rune of the guard captain, surefooted enchant, and 3/5 into Precision.

Now it's a choice between greater agility(15AP + 0.68 Crit), Assault(+26AP), or Precise strikes(0.9%crit)

Agil is looking pretty good...

greater agility imo. AP and crit in one pacage ftw. plus it scales with the rest of ur gear&talents/kings

sweet, agil seems like the way to go. thanks :)

[item]High-powered Flashlight[/item] and +15agi gloves > [item]Rune of the Guard Captain[/item] and +15hit to gloves

Will save you from having to get surefooted as well, though you might want that simply for the crit at that point. Also eliminates some points into precision.

Ramune said:

If you have Blackstone Ring, Surefooted and Blackstorm Leggings you have 30 hit rating @49. Take into account that the 70 PVP hit cap was 35.

15 agi FTW.

Eveill said:
If you have Blackstone Ring, Surefooted and Blackstorm Leggings you have 30 hit rating @49. Take into account that the 70 PVP hit cap was 35.

15 agi FTW.

except lvl 70 pvp cap has nothing to do with any other bracket, the hit cap for special attacks (the yellow ones) has always been 5% given you're fighting a mob/player of the same lvl as you.

now velocemorte has some good suggestions, and i would agree that getting the flashlight allows you to free up points in precision which is nice. but surefooted is one of the best enchants for the crit, and hit never hurt anyone (especially the classes that have talents to reduce chance to be hit)

all in all, just keep in mind that its not the end of the world if you're over the hit cap, and it can be useful in some situations, its just not the smartest move to gear/talent for it if you are over.

so stay with the +15 agil, and consider switching rune of guard captain for flashlight.

Users who are viewing this thread