glasscannon cat druid

no weapon there is no such thing as a glasscannon cat druid... better go Balance or something.. than u will atleast do any dmg

whenever I think Druid DPS at 29, I always think "LOLSTARFIRE" spam. Its... like 50% of the DPS a hunter puts out and makes you OOM in under 10 seconds. rofl.

Change your sig so it stops forcing the table wider in every thread you post in imo.

Dude make an FC druid i'v been playing mine for a while and its actually quite enjoyable : )

Play what you like.

However, imo - rogues are superior. The nice thing about feral druids, is the bear form shifting for flag carring or holding a node. As a "glass canon" you loose that.

Oh, I tried balance - it sucked. It very slow, and felt ineffective.

go 39^^

if you are not alone or can convince the healers that even a druid needs some heal you can have fun as feral. with a lot of dumbss rogs you will have a prob too. they will think "oh look, a druid...lets kill the healer" and you will get focused by one of you counterclass with no help.

besides this the feral is viable and fun in 39 and does a very good dmg + FC...not just FC.

BUT as feral you will have a lot less mana as in your FC gear. that is one reason why resto or balance benefit more in this case. they swap gear, will have almost the same amount of mana and just need to throw a heal to be all set for a FC try. a feral needs to drink after swapping gear (but is faster in cat, therefore he lacks instaheal...).

no matter what, imo go 39 as druid.

make a balanced feral druid, as with your limited abilities at 29 you can't burst anyone. I played feral for a while, until I made my rogue and rerolled resto. I may switch from time to time, in fact I plan on leveling him to 39 to roll feral again...

as a 29 feral druid, you can basically do 2 things: bleed-kite people for some nice damage (and to annoy them) and pwn rogues by Hotting up then kitting them hard in bear. You can ofc roll FC, but that gets boring fast (atleast for me, I'm sure many ppl find it great). I actually enjoyed playing full feral for a long time, but in the end I got too bugged by huntards and subt rogues, so I rerolled resto. Imo, the full feral 29 is great for 1v1 or even 1v2 situations (assuming twinkage ofc), but in 29 wsg you'll be finding yourself getting ganked hard in midfield by huntards.

The problem is that it takes you a long time to kill anyone. Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying it's very hard, it just takes time. I could say I've won 70% of my duels against ally rogues, but as I said, it can't be done fast. Bleed-kiting, roots/stuns into shiftouts to heal, etc. But the odds are that before you finish anyone you'll always be jumped by other enemies. You can leave them behind and survive almost always, but if there is a huntard, you're screwed.

PS: tanking the alliance pack in bearform with a healer, spamming Swipe and popping Survival instincts+AB trinket+druid belt+aoe tauren stun, while the other dps tear them apart, is priceless. I don't know why, people seem to be attracted into beating on the bear.

EDIT: or, as bansil said, go 39. many more abilities for feral forms there.

By the way, I just thought about it, and maybe kitties at 29 are not so underpowered. My 29 combat rogue twink hits for 270 SS crits on clothies, and my Shreds as a kittie hit for about the same. While the rogue crits for 500-600 evis if lucky, the bleeds from the kittie (plus the seal fate allowing for many Rips) also hurt a lot and ignore armor. Just some thoughts. And my druid isn't even fully enchanted.

Users who are viewing this thread