Glass Cannoniest Druid

if your going glass cannon... surely you want max SP?

so 30 sp on wep + another boa trinket + crystalline cuffs + spidersilk drape + bronze band of force + boa shoulders?

thats another like... 50 or so sp?

well i was tryng to stack as little stam as possible tbh, but yeah ofc there are "better options". Ive always been alittle biased towards mana tho :p I was also leaning towards HT glyph so a fair amount of mana would be needed.

If it does prove impossible to get more than 10k healing per BG i might allow myself spidersilk drape, girdle if the blindwatcher and 7 stam on boots.

tis be the nastlyest drood eva

that is way too low, way way way way way too low. If you wanna practice survivability, drop 200-400 health since your already a healing class.

just get more than one set

mana+SP set for just blowing shit up without getting hit

max SP set for blowing shit up really quickly

stam biased set so you actually can survive when dying everytime you try to do something

and w/e other sets, mix it up and see what works

This is really bad. You'll never need that amount of mana or resistance if you can't stay alive long enough to make use of it. I mean srsly, stack +Arcane Damage if you want to at least do something correctly.

i dont get the purpose really, you can get 800 hp and have the same amount of mana and more sp... which is glass cannionest enough vs any hunter...

It's a set up that can really surprise an opposing team when the bear they ignore because it's not going to do much damage suddenly goes caster form and dumps severe damage against a healer or someone else important. If you can find a good Shaman to queue with though, you become much more threatening... except as has been noted in previous posts, Hunters will be your Kryptonite... probably want to root and get in melee with them before you start casting damage spells... if mana allows for it, moonfiring when you are on the move after casting root.

So I'd suggest grabbing bear druid gear to help in creating an illusion that you are an FC Bear Druid rather than a glass cannon Balance Druid or a Resto Druid.

But if they underestimate the threat you pose, you can get the kill that buys your team the win. This sorta Glass Cannon Approach becomes alot more viable at 29+ with Cat Form + Prowl masking your approach... but as a level 19, the key would probably be trying to make yourself appear as another type of Druid until you feel you need to start killing high value targets.

Conrose said:
It's a set up that can really surprise an opposing team when the bear they ignore because it's not going to do much damage suddenly goes caster form and dumps severe damage against a healer or someone else important. If you can find a good Shaman to queue with though, you become much more threatening... except as has been noted in previous posts, Hunters will be your Kryptonite... probably want to root and get in melee with them before you start casting damage spells... if mana allows for it, moonfiring when you are on the move after casting root.

So I'd suggest grabbing bear druid gear to help in creating an illusion that you are an FC Bear Druid rather than a glass cannon Balance Druid or a Resto Druid.

But if they underestimate the threat you pose, you can get the kill that buys your team the win. This sorta Glass Cannon Approach becomes alot more viable at 29+ with Cat Form + Prowl masking your approach... but as a level 19, the key would probably be trying to make yourself appear as another type of Druid until you feel you need to start killing high value targets.
Too bad you won't remain unnoticed for more than 10 seconds after attacking - not enough time to dump your entire 1k+ mana pool without getting shot by a hunters autoattack twice; Which is all that's needed to take out a terrible Glasscannon with 369 HP.

iaccidentallytwink said:
Too bad you won't remain unnoticed for more than 10 seconds after attacking - not enough time to dump your entire 1k+ mana pool without getting shot by a hunters autoattack twice; Which is all that's needed to take out a terrible Glasscannon with 369 HP.

While 10 Seconds isn't enough to empty a mana pool (Especially with mana cost reductions), it should be enough to reduce a healer or some Utility specced Player to a pile of mushy stuff. Hell, I doubt that leaving combat to transition out of bear gear and into the Glass Cannon Gear would leave you much mana to work with in the immediate time frame anyways.

And in all honesty, I think such a build is more likely to die to a Multi-Shot secondary hit than an auto shot while at only 369 HP.

Conrose said:
While 10 Seconds isn't enough to empty a mana pool (Especially with mana cost reductions), it should be enough to reduce a healer or some Utility specced Player to a pile of mushy stuff. Hell, I doubt that leaving combat to transition out of bear gear and into the Glass Cannon Gear would leave you much mana to work with in the immediate time frame anyways.

And in all honesty, I think such a build is more likely to die to a Multi-Shot secondary hit than an auto shot while at only 369 HP.

Doesn't matter if it can reduce a healer to mush, anyone can. Point is, you can't utilize what you're trying to do if you have so little health. A large mana pool is well and all but you won't get the most out of it without having more health and less MP5.

iaccidentallytwink said:
Doesn't matter if it can reduce a healer to mush, anyone can. Point is, you can't utilize what you're trying to do if you have so little health. A large mana pool is well and all but you won't get the most out of it without having more health and less MP5.

Even by my suggestion for how to actually make the build work, he'd probably still not have the large mana pool available since I would personally Travel Form away from a fight, switch from Bear FC gear to the Glass Cannon Gear after leaving combat, Travel Form back in and try to pop a big spell or two before someone notices me (Or Multi-Shot Peripheral hits find me)... and I'd personally not even attempt it without first getting the STV Trinket first since it's very likely gonna be good for only one burst for a whole game. It would require strict discipline in how you path in and around a battle to get a path with the least likelihood of getting spotted before getting within range of a target.

However, with the fact that even by my methodology, you would have a lot less mana available to you than your Intellect would allow for (Since I wouldn't go "Switch to Bear Gear to Balance Gear, Drink, go in and turn someone into pile of mushy stuff")... so grabbing gear with more Stamina than Intellect to go along with that SP would be purely beneficial.

Just FYI i wasnt considering this build as something viable, just something fun to run about in and test my survivabilty skills.

Edit: Also if you did want to use conroses tactic, its fairly easy to get 1.4k hp out of bear, 130ish SP and 1k mana pool.

Users who are viewing this thread