Get to Kul Tiras as horde f2p?

Arpheton

Veteran
I've done it several times, but now I'm not able to used the ship from sw to Kul Tiras anymore. I tried different positions on the ship, but as soon as the ship leaves the harbor, I get ported to the quay and killed.

Is there any other way to get to Kul Tiras (f2p not vet) ?

I've done it several times, but now I'm not able to used the ship from sw to Kul Tiras anymore. I tried different positions on the ship, but as soon as the ship leaves the harbor, I get ported to the quay and killed.

Is there any other way to get to Kul Tiras (f2p not vet) ?
ask someone summon you and set HS on the future

Mechagon is available to F2Ps now, so you can unlock the portal there. After a bit of questing in the area you can unlock the FP there, allowing you to head back to anywhere in KT that you've already unlocked.

Queue for Tol Dagor (specific dungeons). After killing last boss, talk to NPC and he will port you outside. Can swim to mainland (or use Angler's Raft). Head to Anyport, Drustvar while picking up flight paths along the way.
Can travel back and forth between Zuldazar and Anyport via boat.

Last edited:
Queue for Tol Dagor (specific dungeons). After killing last boss, talk to NPC and he will port you outside. Can swim to mainland (or use Angler's Raft). Head to Anyport, Drustvar while picking up flight paths along the way.
Can travel back and forth between Zuldazar and Anyport via boat.
Thanks I will do that. Already got fps since i've been there some time (when the boat from sw worked for horde).

Mechagon is available to F2Ps now, so you can unlock the portal there. After a bit of questing in the area you can unlock the FP there, allowing you to head back to anywhere in KT that you've already unlocked.
With this you mean to veterans, not to true f2p lv 20 right?

Hello everyone,

With my LvL 20 (Veteran) I died several times on the walkway to the ship and then timed my last death so that I could revive myself on the ship. I only pressed the revive button when the ship had set off and felt like it was 5 or 6 meters away from the dock. I was then revived on the ship and taken to Kul Tiras. Once you get there you just have to jump off the ship early enough to avoid being attacked in the harbor.

I don't know if this style works for pure F2P, but I would expect it to. The area is basically accessible to F2P players.
What I would like to say is that in my opinion this effort was not worth it. After I had gone through the entire horde area and killed all the rare enemies, I had an item level of around 57. There was no real improvement from going through Kul Tiras. This may well be different for another class. I did this task with a druid and he was able to exchange maybe 2 or 3 items for a socket for gemstones.
However, these stones only provide 2 stamina and 2 mobility per gem socket.

As already mentioned, it may be different with other classes, but I got through the Iron Docks instance just fine with the existing item level. It was close here and there, but that's part of it. In addition, you have difficulty moving around there. You have no flight points, you can't fly... it took me a few hours to complete everything.
If I were to do a level 20 character again, I would use the time to get easy-to-get items like the Raven Heart head of Shirrak from the Auchenai. This is the first boss in the instance, back and forth in stealth mode as a druid and killing the boss took less than 5 minutes. At some point after 4 or 5 attempts the head with 3 sockets dropped. You don't have to rely on luck as to whether it will drop or whether it will drop with sockets.
As I said, this may not be possible for cloth healers etc., but it worked so well for my paladin and the druid.

I would therefore recommend saving yourself Kul Tiras and rather see where you can quickly and safely get the two or three slots that you are still missing in BC instances.

Ultimately, all blue items are just a means to an end and not endgear, right? And if you have all the blue-items from the Horde area, that should be enough for your first solo instances.

As I said, I'm not a professional in this matter. These are just my experiences with 2 characters (Paladin, Druid) and the resulting opinion.

Last edited:
I would therefore recommend saving yourself Kul Tiras and rather see where you can quickly and safely get the two or three slots that you are still missing in BC instances.

I'm not going for gear, but I'll try to rezz on the ship since I was 3 hours in queue for Tol Dagor (as tank) and it didnt pop.

Edit: just as I wrote this, it poped :D

Last edited:
Hi!
Go to Northrend, Grizzly Hills, 80.9:29.4 and wait few minutes for a boat. Take a trip and be happy.

This doesn't work for me. I can take the boat from Anyport to Zuldazar, but I can't get back. Maybe it only works on vet?
Actually, I don't think I ever tried to go Zandalar to Anyport. Once I got to Kul'Tiras, I set my hearthstone to Anyport since it was a quick boat ride to Zandalar and in Zandalar I could get to portal room to get to other locales.

https://xpoff.com/threads/tuskan-boat-tour-to-gain-access-to-zones-and-fps.99666/

got my horde level 1 panda to mechagon using the above and set my heartstone to the drust bar inn inside the cave at Anyport FP

other method is dying in like westfall before SW, running as a ghost to the docks and getting on the boat, then when you get to kul tiras go to the edge of black water where you die again as ghost, but this time you can go back to that point and res

Users who are viewing this thread