gear set/talents for 29 shadow priest

I'm making a new 29 shadow priest soon and was wondering what the best gear and talent tree would look like. So far I was thinking of going something like this.

Talents:

http://thottbot.com/priest/t#/8/jhkx1

Gear:

Head: Holy Shroud

Neck: Green of the Eagle/ Pendant of the Agate Shieldd (for the extra 10 stam)

Shoulders: Death Speaker Mantle

Back: WSG Reward Cape

Chest: Robes of Arugal w/ +4 stats

Wrists: Arcane Runed Bracers w/ +15 spell power or Spidertank Oilrag w/ +15 spell power/ +9 stam

Hands: Hotshot Pilot's Gloves w/ +20 shadow power

Belt: AB Reward Belt

Legs: Gaze Dreamer Pants/ Leech Pants

Feet: AB Reward w/ +7 stam

Ring 1: WSG Ring Level 28

Ring 2: WSG Ring Level 18

Trinket 1: Insignia of the Alliance/ Engineering Trinkets

Trinket 2: AGM

Weapon: WSG Staff w/ +30 spell power

Ancient Items are not available at this time to me, so please refrain from suggesting them. Thank you for your time.

deadmans hand would help alot im thinking,

i'd look for a replacement for hands, hotshots are very difficult to find.

and get engineering helm for the 21 sp over holy shroud

I'd suggest glowing magical bracers for more sp over arcane, since you don't drop very much statwise. Truesight amulet for a neck will give you 11 hit rating which is useful, or crystal starfire medallion. Also seal of argas is nice for a sp ring.

Is DMH better than the WSG rings? This is my first priest at 29, so I still don't know the value of each in BGs. I've been collecting gear for this priest for a couple weeks, and I found a pair of Hotshot's in the AH, so got that pretty much down. Alright, didn't know if the +3 extra spell power would be better than +6 extra spirit.

I'll use the Glowing Magical Bracelets, forgot about those. As for the necklace, is the extra +4 intellect and +3 spirit better than the +10 stam from Pendant of the Agate Shield? Seal of Argas is alright, but the WSG Level 18 ring has +5 spell power, stamina instead of the intellect, and mp5. Personally, I would rather go with stamina and mp5.

Thank you both

I would recommend at least getting DMH and trying it out; if you ever do arena witfriends you'll want it, at the very least. I never thought it would be that useful, but after finally getting it I never took it off (on my 29 healadin) - Altough its even more useful if you dispell crippling :D

Honestly, I wouldnt equip the Hotshot's untill you're sure you love playing the toon, and you have absolutely every piece of gear you could possibly want. They're rare enough you could probably fund a whole nother toon from selling them.

If you want to play shadow, I actually would recommend the +11 hit necklace. Having a fear miss BLOWS, and then you can pick up spirit tap or more points in darkness instead of shadow affinity.

Id probably recommend a spec something like this: Spec1 Imp Inner Fire, Glyphed, will give you similar damage reduction to having shadow form :D

The other option, full damage, loses quite a bit of survivability, athough the increased range is nice. Spec2

I just need hot shot's gloves and glowing magical bracelets and im set. glass cannon ftw.

29 Shadow Priest - Øøze

If only the scourge were still around casters could get the BiS pants from shadowfang keep :(

Word on the street is they'll be back in october.

Are shadow priests any good at 29? do they not just get ripped by huntards?

what are they like compared with locks?

Priests in the 20s bracket on the alliance side have much to long for thanks to the absence of a weapon with an level above 35 they are able to obtain. This of course means they can not get that extra +43 sp or +30 int, but rather +22 int or that other one nobody likes to talk about. The redeeming factors of alliance priests in the 20s are hots, dots, and fears. In arena if you are able enough to turn it into a prolonged kiting experience the other team is in for a long day.

Users who are viewing this thread