Garrote Rogue

Hey, i was thinking about a garrote build but i'm not sure it will be good. I'd need advice if it will be best-used in WSG or Arena.

I was thinking of the following build TALENTS with a Glyph of Garrote and 2 Cruel Barbs. This will probably give you max AP and most dmg output with garrote but is it really thàt usefull?

Please post what you think!

dual CB/agi -> sap -> garrote over sap -> weaponswitch macro -> dual proc -> SnD

can be viable on warrys for example, but i can not see any use on priests for example.

its kind of a radical build not one with an overall use.

Bansil said:
dual CB/agi -> sap -> garrote over sap -> weaponswitch macro -> dual proc -> SnD

can be viable on warrys for example, but i can not see any use on priests for example.

its kind of a radical build not one with an overall use.

That's what i was thinking aswell, it will do about 350+dmg over 15 seconds. It IS 350dmg, so on dmg-evading/reducing classes it would be very viable? like rogues(dodge), warry's and pally's right? The problem would be that you can't take the maximum out of SS && for example DW spec. Another advantage is that your target won't be able to bandadge in those 15 seconds and that your target is still taking dmg when triing to flee.

Please express your thoughts guys:)

IMO its not viable @ 19. You only have 10 talent points, and your sacrificing alot to go that route. In a RvR duel Its fun but you need to go sub to really get the benifite out of it.

-toxyc

toxic said:
IMO its not viable @ 19. You only have 10 talent points, and your sacrificing alot to go that route. In a RvR duel Its fun but you need to go sub to really get the benifite out of it.

-toxyc

Yea, i get your point, it shure would be fun to dish out a DoT that does the same dmg as a backstab crit, but I realize you can spend your talent points better:) Thx for the info

I was thinking of this a little while ago. Basically you just gotta stack the most AP possible and you'll probably end up being able to get about 400 damage with garrote (500-600 if buffed). Orc would be the best race for this, since they have the AP racial buff.

Here's the build I came up with:

chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

This build, however, would be useless once you're out of stealth since there's no survivability to it.

I guess that you could have this set to garrote your enemy and afterwards change to your dps set? Or isn't that possible in combat?

toxic said:

-toxyc

Perfectly viable for WSG. I use this spec. Fun as hell !

ImmIx752 said:
I guess that you could have this set to garrote your enemy and afterwards change to your dps set? Or isn't that possible in combat?

You can only switch your weapons once you're in combat.

Users who are viewing this thread