Future pally

If I remember correctly I heard pallys will be getting crusader strike at like level 10, how good do you guys think they will be? Feel free to correct me as its been a while since Ive looked into pally changes.

I think they will be better than they are now :)

Holy paladins pick up Holy shock at level ten as well.

But most importantly, they talented judgment as Ret to have 20 more yard range.

They also made the base judgment max enemy speed at 100%, so Rets get ranged snare now. Seems pretty damn good.

Rets level 10 skill is based of the new runic style system, and looks to be really good as well.

The only bad part is they lose blessing of freedom, meaning the can be easily snared be frost mages.

They will be hard to kill with stronger heals and larger mana return and they will produce larger damage when able to touch their target. However since the lose HoF this could be reduced. Still, they do get JoJ built in, and with this they could get enough ToT to produce good damage. In all I see rets being more versatile and useful than they are atm, I would probably take one for my premade, since if i remember correctly JoJ cant be shifted out of.

Kore nametooshort said:
They will be hard to kill with stronger heals and larger mana return and they will produce larger damage when able to touch their target. However since the lose HoF this could be reduced. Still, they do get JoJ built in, and with this they could get enough ToT to produce good damage. In all I see rets being more versatile and useful than they are atm, I would probably take one for my premade, since if i remember correctly JoJ cant be shifted out of.

Very true and if timed right pallies should be able to stun lock kill to some extent....especially if Hammer of Justice stays at 6 sec CD. (correct if wrong). Pre divine str change (when redoubt and kings used to be in the bracket) Ret pallies were hard to find... I think now a lot of kiddies think rets are the way to go...I would say roll a rogue or feral druid in cata if you want to do some sick damage. Pallies as always will be mainly a utility class useful for high burst in FC trapping senarios and without HoF will be easily locked down by a mage for an extended period of time!!! I have a mage and a pally and I am looking forward to water elemental and counterspell!

Grabco said:
Very true and if timed right pallies should be able to stun lock kill to some extent....especially if Hammer of Justice stays at 6 sec CD. (correct if wrong). Pre divine str change (when redoubt and kings used to be in the bracket) Ret pallies were hard to find... I think now a lot of kiddies think rets are the way to go...I would say roll a rogue or feral druid in cata if you want to do some sick damage. Pallies as always will be mainly a utility class useful for high burst in FC trapping senarios and without HoF will be easily locked down by a mage for an extended period of time!!! I have a mage and a pally and I am looking forward to water elemental and counterspell!

How would a rogue get locked down any less by a mage? You can sheep any class other then druids any way. Pallies have judgment over rogues, Slowing druids and shamans to 100% speed max, for like 20 seconds, with absolutely no way to get free. This is better then what warriors ever were, you can argue its not a snare, but I bet its more important then any other snare. Plus its at 30 yrd range or so, easily usable while snared. The other important bit, pallies have better armor, and a better self heal then rogues, or warriors.

We will see what happens though.

pilgrim said:
How would a rogue get locked down any less by a mage? You can sheep any class other then druids any way. Pallies have judgment over rogues, Slowing druids and shamans to 100% speed max, for like 20 seconds, with absolutely no way to get free. This is better then what warriors ever were, you can argue its not a snare, but I bet its more important then any other snare. Plus its at 30 yrd range or so, easily usable while snared. The other important bit, pallies have better armor, and a better self heal then rogues, or warriors.

We will see what happens though.

Rogues get locked down less by a mage because they have Shadowstep and sprints as a gap closer. and as of right now Druids can shift out of all mage CC make time on target for a feral druid on a mage infinite. Mages will be able to decimate paladins especially with an 8 second spell lockout every 45 seconds or so.

Grabco said:
Rogues get locked down less by a mage because they have Shadowstep and sprints as a gap closer. and as of right now Druids can shift out of all mage CC make time on target for a feral druid on a mage infinite. Mages will be able to decimate paladins especially with an 8 second spell lockout every 45 seconds or so.

You cant shadow step out of novas can you? And if you've been frost bolted its not going to be enough to slow a druid or shaman. rogues have zero ways to slow, while paladins can help the entire team by, slowing at range. Its a much better advantage. And dont tell me they can slow with ambush, its 50% chance, not 100% chance at 25-30 yards. Yes, if you spec arcane you can silence, but as frost counterspell does nothing against all the damage they bring.

Mages will be good, but I would put paladins over rogues in terms of over all value. And saying rogues are better because they are better vs mages, even though its by the smallest margin is not enough to sell me on them. Play a druid over rogue any day, best movement advantage, good damage, slows, snares, poly immunity, snare immunity, heals, and the ability to FC if you need to. That is the best out of anything that is out there today.

Users who are viewing this thread