Fun with Fury - 2 Builds

Roadwarrior

Veteran
I'm sure this has been calculated out before by somebody; however these glass cannon builds are a lot of fun! And If I did miss something let me know!

Fury Warrior: 30% HASTE versus 36%+ Critical Strike
*More info below the lists*

Critical Strike Build
Ring: Beastbinder Ring (+11) (+2 Critical Strike Enchant)
Ring: Lavishly Jeweled Ring (+11) (+2 Critical Strike Enchant)
Neck: Hematite Tortoise Pendant (+11) (Mark of the Hidden Satyr)
Weapon: Bloodied Arcanite Reaper (+11) (Crusader)
Weapon: Bloodied Arcanite Reaper (+11) (Crusader)
Chest: Polished Breastplate of Valor (+11) (+7 Stats)
Legs: Polished Legplates of Valor (+11) (+2 Attack Power +3 Critical Strike)
Shoulders: Polished Spaulders of Valor (+8) (+3 Strength +1 Critical Strike)
Head: Polished Helm of Valor (+11)
Back: Glowing Lizardscale Cloak (+5) (+1 Critical Strike + 2% Speed)
Boots: Front-Line Warboots of the Quickblade (+7) (+3 Stamina +Minor Movement Speed)
Wrist: Rift Bracers (+4) (+4 Strength)
Hands: Algae Fists (+6) (+6 Strength)
Belt: Captain Nials' Belt (+8)
Trinket: Flashing Steel Talisman (+8)
Trinket: Touch of the Void (+0) - (No you can't get the Ashenvale trinket for warriors)

Haste Build
Ring: Signet of the Hidden Door (+10)
Ring: Silverlaine's Family Seal (+10)
Neck: Hook Charm Necklace (+10)
Head: Burnished Helm of Might (+11)
Legs: Burnished Legplates of Might (+6)
Chest: Burnished Breastplate of Might (+11)
Shoulder: Burnished Pauldrons of Might (+4)
Back: Bloody Twilight Cloak (+4)
Boots: Front-Line Warboots of the Aurora (+7)
Wrist: Front-Line Armplates of the Aurora (+4)
Hands: Stalwar Grips of the Aurora (+5)
Weapon: Reforged Champion (+11)
Weapon: Reforged Champion (+11)
Belt: Cast Iron Waistplate (+5)
Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice (+8)
Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice (+8)

I would enchant Strength where possible (so you don't hit like a wet noodle) and then after that Haste/Critical Strike where possible. Crusader is still the best enchant possible, the proc chance just puts it over the top. If you want to play with Mark of the Warsong (Haste) or Thunderlord (Critical Strike) they are fun to add to the theme, but they are also nowhere near as good as Crusader. I would also not play with out Mark of the Hidden Satyr, its just better than any other enchant themed or otherwise for the neck.

Haste is more fun, but Critical Strike is probably better. There are just too many times where you get 3-4 Crits in a row and just remove somebodies face; however, flying around the map with Haste and War Machine is also much cooler.

I would take War Machine with Haste, because you always have so much rage you don't really need Fresh Meat.

I would take Fresh Meat with Critical Strike, because it is just a better chance to maul somebody.

You could probably squeeze out 1-2% more of each with complete min/max, but I doubt that will be worth it compared to losing Strength Enchants.

Have Fun.

Last edited:
I did that before, its not as good. I thought it was for some time, but the truth is that your damage out put is trash with versatility and the 30% reduction does not stop any other glass cannon dps from just killing you before you have done anything to them. It's just simple math and versatility does not add up.

With Crit you can just randomly kill another DPS with 2-3 crits in a row. And Haste is fast enough that so Crusader can just kill them ASAP.

Versatility only is hands down the best when you have dedicated heals, because you just do not die... but any other time or instance you are just giving up far better damage for little in return.

I did that before, its not as good. I thought it was for some time, but the truth is that your damage out put is trash with versatility and the 30% reduction does not stop any other glass cannon dps from just killing you before you have done anything to them. It's just simple math and versatility does not add up.

With Crit you can just randomly kill another DPS with 2-3 crits in a row. And Haste is fast enough that so Crusader can just kill them ASAP.

Versatility only is hands down the best when you have dedicated heals, because you just do not die... but any other time or instance you are just giving up far better damage for little in return.
[doublepost=1534582375,1534582200][/doublepost]Pretty new to the 29 twinking bracket but in the process of making a warrior rn. Have you tried arms? It seems fury is the better spec though and I'll be gearing for it so to speak.

[doublepost=1534582375,1534582200][/doublepost]Pretty new to the 29 twinking bracket but in the process of making a warrior rn. Have you tried arms? It seems fury is the better spec though and I'll be gearing for it so to speak.
Arms is viable.

ill give it a try when I get a bit more gear up and to 29. Do you play 29 warrior twink? Got an Armory link? :)

Warrior has the problem with stacking Strength in that there are not as many GOOFY items as there are for Hunter/Rogue. You don't get wacky items like the Parachute Cloak or Silly high Agility Pants, etc. All the Warrior Gear has similar stats on it, so all you can really do is control the tertiary stats like Crit/Haste/Versatility. There is no Bonkers MEGA STRENGTH! build!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like there is for agility or intelligence users.

Yeah I roll 35% Crit with Arms, Its pretty good. I don't care who says what tho about it... there are OBVIOUSLY huge gaps of time where all your using white attacks because everything is on recharge... its a drag for Arms, especially when you are mid fight and just doing zero damage. It WILL happen, people that say they don't have the gaps are not using their rotation correctly or just lying... just play it and you will see. I even have the gaps when I roll 29% Haste on ARMS.

The damage on Arms tho is just less than Fury overall and it does not even have that much burst. The spec is just not setup correctly at the 29 level.

The truth with Fury is that it does not matter what you do or use. Any Gear is going to give about the same results, as long as all your slots are filled with Blue gear (or very specific gear like the barbaric iron breast plate +16 str) and you are using good weapons, you will be fine.

Any other warrior will beat you in a duel or lose a duel to you based solely on CRUSADER procs or talent procs... you get lucky or you don't... but most of the 29s is like that was well.

Last edited:
So much math on how to equip fotm lol. Fury works with any build yeah, its def a button smasher.

As I said in the first post, I just don't think it matters much, because Strength based characters don't have the wacky options to completely Min/Max their character.

You don't get goofy items like Spell Power Goggles XTREME!!!!! Parachute cloak with its stupid enchant... crazy crap like +17 agility pants. You get one item "Barbaric Breastplate +16 Strength" which is pretty bad. You don't have Blackwater Talwars or Vibroblades, you just have Combatant Claymore(or whatever). There just is not a lot of flavor of the month... you just have a healer and keep hitting people or you don't and die... its pretty simple.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread