Fun question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glancealot

Legend
In a 3vs3 arena (level 70), what's the maximum amount of damage that a shaman can do with just one Chain Lightning

hint: it's more complicated than you think. this question tests your understanding of the 70's bracket in general, your knowledge of the mechanics of this game, and your ability to be creative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatisthisidonteven...

CL spam with lust at AV ftw though <3

In a 3vs3 arena (level 70), what's the maximum amount of damage that a shaman can do with just one Chain Lightning

hint: it's more complicated than you think. this question tests your understanding of the 70's bracket in general, your knowledge of the mechanics of this game, and your ability to be creative.

something in the lines of: '0 because the shaman died in a garrote'?

you definitely need help from the opponent team to pull this off here is the answer:

1, two priests on the enemies team to mind control two of your own team mates, this way you can damage five people with the help of Glyph of Chain Lightning

2, two pieces of Tidefury Raiment for the effect: Improved Chain Lightning even though you lose a tiny bit of stats, you gain a lot more: 100%+70%+49%+34%+24%=277% without 2 piece tidefury, 100%+87%+75%+66%+57%=385% with 2 piece tidefury, so two pieces of Tidefury gives you a 40% damage boost when you are hitting five targets. which two pieces of Tidefury? since you want the least stat loss, shoulder+chest is the way to go.

3, Shifting Naaru Sliver is the first trinket that you should use, because it offers the most on demand damage, basically, we only care about your spell power at the moment when you cast that Chain Lightning.

4, what about second trinket? all the other on demand trinket share cool down with Shifting Naaru Sliver, but wait, you can use Eye of Magtheridon it offers 170 spell power when your spell gets resisted!

5, for other gear pieces, you want the most spell power, so only look for pieces that would give you the most spell power, you don't care about crit or haste.

6, what class should the remaining people be? what i have in mind is: you have a warlock and a balance druid team mate. warlock for curse of elements, balance druid for 5% more int, earth and moon debuff and http://www.wowhead.com/item=32486. the enemy team has a warrior besides two priests.

7, how to do it: lock and druid stand right by the warrior. lock casts Curse of the Elements on warrior, warrior goes into Berserker Stance, takes Shadow Sight, druid (with http://www.wowhead.com/item=32486) casts rejuv on shaman, shaman then casts whatever spell on warrior until http://www.wowhead.com/item=28789 procs. then druid cast a spell on warrior to apply Earth and Moon. two enemy priests then mind control lock and druid. shaman activates Shifting Naaru Sliver and casts Chain Lightning crit on warrior who now has activated activated recklessness + death wish, (if it doesn't crit, just do everything again), chain lightening goes warrior->druid->lock->priest->priest.

and that, is how you can pull a Guinness world record of chain lightening one time damage in a 3vs3 arena environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Better question ; Who cares?

you definitely need help from the opponent team to pull this off here is the answer:

1, two priests on the enemies team to mind control two of your own team mates, this way you can damage five people with the help of Glyph of Chain Lightning

2, two pieces of Tidefury Raiment for the effect: Improved Chain Lightning even though you lose a tiny bit of stats, you gain a lot more: 100%+70%+49%+34%+24%=277% without 2 piece tidefury, 100%+87%+75%+66%+57%=385% with 2 piece tidefury, so two pieces of Tidefury gives you a 40% damage boost when you are hitting five targets. which two pieces of Tidefury? since you want the least stat loss, shoulder+chest is the way to go.

3, Shifting Naaru Sliver is the first trinket that you should use, because it offers the most on demand damage, basically, we only care about your spell power at the moment when you cast that Chain Lightning.

4, what about second trinket? all the other on demand trinket share cool down with Shifting Naaru Sliver, but wait, you can use Eye of Magtheridon it offers 170 spell power when your spell gets resisted!

5, for other gear pieces, you want the most spell power, so only look for pieces that would give you the most spell power, you don't care about crit or haste.

6, what class should the remaining people be? what i have in mind is: you have a warlock and a balance druid team mate. warlock for curse of elements, balance druid for 5% more int and debuff. the enemy team has a warrior besides two priests.

7, how to do it: lock and druid stand right by the warrior. lock casts Curse of the Elements on warrior, warrior goes into Berserker Stance, takes Shadow Sight, shaman then casts whatever spell on warrior until Eye of Magtheridon - Item - World of Warcraft procs. then druid cast a spell on warrior to apply Earth and Moon. two enemy priests then mind control lock and druid. shaman activates Shifting Naaru Sliver and casts Chain Lightning crit on warrior (if it doesn't crit, just do everything again), chain lightening goes warrior->druid->lock->priest->priest.

and that, is how you can pull a Guinness world record of chain lightening one time damage in a 3vs3 arena environment.

Dont tell me you wrote all that and managed to forget about recklessness+death wish.

Dont tell me you wrote all that and managed to forget about recklessness+death wish.

hehe, i knew i probably forgot some things!

yes, i actually did forget about recklessness + death wish, partially because i really don't know about the warrior class that well compared to other classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread