Frost Mage BiS PvP Set - Critique/Comment/Etc....

KnaisGuy

Legend
http://www.chardev.org/?profile=283587

31% Haste

31% Crit

73 Spell Penetration

8% Hit Chance

337 Resil

1450 Spell Power - Unbuffed

Yes, I do realize that it's not "crit capped" however there is basically no situation in the game outside of duels or 2s with a healer where you won't have 5% crit bonus from a Rogue or Feral, although I do admit it may be worth it to lose a few Haste gems in favor of Crit or Resil simply due to the massive DR you start getting once you're over 25-30% haste.

I'm also toying around with switching out GLG for either Noise Machine or Shifting Naaru Sliver. It takes me down to 28.5% crit, which is still crit capped shatters with 5% crit, and increase Haste another 1.4% as well as giving the situation burst of the /use, or the static Spell Power/Int increase from Noise Machine, which takes my unbuffed Spell Power up to a hefty 1510, which would be around 1700 something with just AI.

Any kind of improvement you may see in switching around Enchants, Gemming, etc....would be appreciated ^.^

You need to have 33% crit as a frost mage to be sure to crit 100% when your target is frozen

You need to have 33% crit as a frost mage to be sure to crit 100% when your target is frozen

You need to actually read the entire post, thanks.

This obsession with 33% crit unbuffed is an asinine and idiotic waste of stats. Duels mean nothing and I don't 2s with a healer.

lvl mage to 70

buy brutal

pwn

profit?

Why bother making it bis, u will own anyway.

Yeah, gear doesn't really matter for 70 mages.. Baseline spells are all 10 levels higher than the rest..

This is infact a loss of characteristics. But I think that you should still have it

Fair amount of resilience and still a good haste rating.

Frost needs BIS? Since when? It's like being a disc priest or prot pally... gear doesn't matter.

Anyways, being BiS proves that your paying attention to your twink and most of the time, that you're not one of those faggots who rerolled 70 when brutal gears became cheaper
<

Users who are viewing this thread