EU Fresh F2P Account

Lantsei

Veteran
Howdy, posting for the first time to ask you guys how I should go about things on a fresh F2P account.
I haven't F2P Twinked seriously since MoP, so I was wondering what differences there are to gearing, professions etc. I've lurked around and seen that Vets seem to be the new main thing now, but I'm just trying to see how far I can get without spending a dime.
Are there any up to date guides I could follow? I'm ultimately looking to roll out a Druid.

Howdy, posting for the first time to ask you guys how I should go about things on a fresh F2P account.
I haven't F2P Twinked seriously since MoP, so I was wondering what differences there are to gearing, professions etc. I've lurked around and seen that Vets seem to be the new main thing now, but I'm just trying to see how far I can get without spending a dime.
Are there any up to date guides I could follow? I'm ultimately looking to roll out a Druid.
There's 4 big changes you'll notice since MOP:

1) Quest rewards and any single source, BOE rare item can upgrade to rare/epic. This means there are some quest rewards that are nice but luckily on a druid you dont need any of them. It also means there are some farmable items you will want. For instance, feathered headdress from Skowl and Boulder Pads from Lo'Grosh out in hinterlands are really good when you get the epic upgrade. Foamspittle staff from murloc oracles in westfall is BIS for f2p druids. Its a shitty grind, get ready.

2) Battlegrounds now reward gear crates for winning. These can upgrade to rare quality that is one item level lower than epics, making most epic upgrades obsolete. You can get chest/legs/bracers/rings/weapons from these. Great for filling in pieces.

3) Random dungeon finder now rewards satchel loot. You can get bracers, shoulders, gloves, cloaks, necks, and rings.

4) Party synching is a thing and its where youll get trinkets and maybe a helm. Long story short, part with another account, click the button in your log that says "party sync" and you'll get to re-do quests. that DOESNT mean youll get a second shot at epic quest rewards. Instead, these replayed quests have a chance to give you a crate and that crate contains loot which might be nice trinkets. Its typically other gear though. Another grind. Have fun.

I'll link my f2p druid below. It's BIS but the shoulders are a lucky quest reward. 4/4 or 3/5 aurora shoulders from a dungeon satchel will be just as good. If you're horde, you get the shoulders and a good helm from the Stonetalon questline quartermaster. But if you're alliance, this is what you're going for.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/jaedenar/syncopy

There's 4 big changes you'll notice since MOP:

1) Quest rewards and any single source, BOE rare item can upgrade to rare/epic. This means there are some quest rewards that are nice but luckily on a druid you dont need any of them. It also means there are some farmable items you will want. For instance, feathered headdress from Skowl and Boulder Pads from Lo'Grosh out in hinterlands are really good when you get the epic upgrade. Foamspittle staff from murloc oracles in westfall is BIS for f2p druids. Its a shitty grind, get ready.

2) Battlegrounds now reward gear crates for winning. These can upgrade to rare quality that is one item level lower than epics, making most epic upgrades obsolete. You can get chest/legs/bracers/rings/weapons from these. Great for filling in pieces.

3) Random dungeon finder now rewards satchel loot. You can get bracers, shoulders, gloves, cloaks, necks, and rings.

4) Party synching is a thing and its where youll get trinkets and maybe a helm. Long story short, part with another account, click the button in your log that says "party sync" and you'll get to re-do quests. that DOESNT mean youll get a second shot at epic quest rewards. Instead, these replayed quests have a chance to give you a crate and that crate contains loot which might be nice trinkets. Its typically other gear though. Another grind. Have fun.

I'll link my f2p druid below. It's BIS but the shoulders are a lucky quest reward. 4/4 or 3/5 aurora shoulders from a dungeon satchel will be just as good. If you're horde, you get the shoulders and a good helm from the Stonetalon questline quartermaster. But if you're alliance, this is what you're going for.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/jaedenar/syncopy
Awesome, thanks a ton for the straight forward, to the point info, it helps a ton. Glad to know there are no quest reward upgrades I'm going to need. I'll definitely be using your Druid as a reference!
Is there an easy way to find people to party sync with? I assume it's still the same, where F2P accounts can't invite other people, so no cheesing it with two accounts.

Awesome, thanks a ton for the straight forward, to the point info, it helps a ton. Glad to know there are no quest reward upgrades I'm going to need. I'll definitely be using your Druid as a reference!
Is there an easy way to find people to party sync with? I assume it's still the same, where F2P accounts can't invite other people, so no cheesing it with two accounts.
most of us with pure f2p account do have another paid account, so you can always cheese it that way. Or just find a sympathetic person in a dungeon group, I suppose.

most of us with pure f2p account do have another paid account, so you can always cheese it that way. Or just find a sympathetic person in a dungeon group, I suppose.
Gotcha, might just end up resubbing for a month to get that done.
Thanks again for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread