FR Gear :)

Ccecil

Legend
Going to make some FR gear for my 70 rogue for luls against retarded mages. Just so they can scratch their head as to why they can't do any damage... Anyone have any links that has a full list of fr gear including patches, enchants, etc...

FR as in full resil?

Edit: because even if you do stack full resil, mages will just kill you in 3 shots instead of 2.

I think you can just do a wow head.com gear search and set one add'l criteria to "+ frost resist". I checked a few armories and haven't seen that much spell penetration, but even so it's often in the range of 50-90. It may well be that you'll gimp too many other stats to make the resist worth it. Given mages' insane damage, it may just mean getting 3-shot instead of oneshot.

Edit, gear search plus enchants and gems.

The meta gem with spell reflect could be funny, tho...

i don't mean gimping my stats, just mainly the armor patch and maybe enchant to cloak

Not going to happen, most of the Polar items from the rogue set (for 60's) are not available anymore.

And I'm afraid Blizzard has no 70 FR set for 70's o.o

Wrong. I can stack up to 430 FR on my paladin, before applying the +50 resist pot. So 480 frost resist total, or about 73% reduction in damage.

However, that is because of the tanking set for Hydross the Unstable (frost boss) and it is all plate. You can find leather frost resist gear, but it will be random enchant material, so it's something you will have to look up on the AH and keep an eye out for.

There is a caveat: if you go full FR, you will be insanely OP against frost mages (I have not been beaten by one yet while I was wearing my frost resist set and buffed) but you will be mincemeat for any melee or other rdps classes.

If you go LW, you can get the +70 FR patch to your bracers, but that requires farming level 79s in Icecrown yourself (Easily done by a paladin, but not sure about the rogue).

You can also solo the escape from durnholde dungeon, and do some Black morass, for rep with Keepers of Time, for the +20 FR head enchant. Again, easily done by a paladin, not sure about rogue.

I spent about 10k on the materials for the 3 piece +frost resist tanking set, made by Blacksmiths, as well as the Frozen Eye, which is a +frost resist ring made by Jewelcrafters, as well as Pendant of Thawing, which is a +frost resist amulet made by Jewelcrafters.

So if you hate mages THAT BAD, go for it. You will not regret it one bit.

There is something strangely satisfying about killing frost mages so thoroughly, I couldn't resist the opportunity to obtain this set. No pun intended.

P.S. Even if they stack spell pen, they will be forgoing another important stat, and that will still allow you to kick some butt.

And for the record, I never use the FR set in arenas, since I have no idea what my opponents will be, and I cant equip armour while in the arena. So if you want FR as a dueling/BG set, for specific occasions, go for it.

P.P.S And don't go assuming that just because I have never lost to a frost mage in my FR gear, that it translates to -never- lost to a frost mage. Frost mages are extraordinarily over powered at this level, and because of the billions of ass-whuppings I've recieved at the hand of a particularly skilled frost mage, I have built this set.

Wrong. I can stack up to 430 FR on my paladin, before applying the +50 resist pot. So 480 frost resist total, or about 73% reduction in damage.

However, that is because of the tanking set for Hydross the Unstable (frost boss) and it is all plate. You can find leather frost resist gear, but it will be random enchant material, so it's something you will have to look up on the AH and keep an eye out for.

There is a caveat: if you go full FR, you will be insanely OP against frost mages (I have not been beaten by one yet while I was wearing my frost resist set and buffed) but you will be mincemeat for any melee or other rdps classes.

If you go LW, you can get the +70 FR patch to your bracers, but that requires farming level 79s in Icecrown yourself (Easily done by a paladin, but not sure about the rogue).

You can also solo the escape from durnholde dungeon, and do some Black morass, for rep with Keepers of Time, for the +20 FR head enchant. Again, easily done by a paladin, not sure about rogue.

I spent about 10k on the materials for the 3 piece +frost resist tanking set, made by Blacksmiths, as well as the Frozen Eye, which is a +frost resist ring made by Jewelcrafters, as well as Pendant of Thawing, which is a +frost resist amulet made by Jewelcrafters.

So if you hate mages THAT BAD, go for it. You will not regret it one bit.

There is something strangely satisfying about killing frost mages so thoroughly, I couldn't resist the opportunity to obtain this set. No pun intended.

P.S. Even if they stack spell pen, they will be forgoing another important stat, and that will still allow you to kick some butt.

And for the record, I never use the FR set in arenas, since I have no idea what my opponents will be, and I cant equip armour while in the arena. So if you want FR as a dueling/BG set, for specific occasions, go for it.

P.P.S And don't go assuming that just because I have never lost to a frost mage in my FR gear, that it translates to -never- lost to a frost mage. Frost mages are extraordinarily over powered at this level, and because of the billions of ass-whuppings I've recieved at the hand of a particularly skilled frost mage, I have built this set.

nah, i don't hate mages i play one bis... I just think it would be hillarious to fight them with frost resist gear. Most of them are bad and have ego's that of a 13 year old who's dick started getting hard. As far as arenas go usually you'll find out who you will be playing... My mmr is 2200 and we usually fight 2-3 teams the entire night and guess what they're mages. probably going to stop playing my rogue ;/ it's really not even that fun

only takes a second to realize it's for frost... only resist you would possibly ever use is frost... fire doesn't exist in arenas ;/

thinking about doing this on brokentrojan.

imagen the look on spasmages face when he crits for 3k = raging on skype on how op fr is.

thinking about doing this on brokentrojan.

imagen the look on spasmages face when he crits for 3k = raging on skype on how op fr is.

I've never been crit for more than 1.3k with my frost resist gear on o_O

Users who are viewing this thread