Fishing tourney Playlist.

The music detection only works if you've enabled it in Interface Settings! Nothing illegal there.

If you don't enable it you get a Musical-Grouch-Fishing-Debuff though. It's not on Wowhead but it's in the game files, some private servers disable it. It's actually called nomusiclessrares but I like my name better.

That's why it's not a general thing of detecting any program and there's no 100% ban rate for bots. It just interfaces with what you've allowed, like mplayer, iTunes, pandora, youtube, last.fm, etc.

Yep, it's in the Addon API:

Sets the music detection on or off for the purpse of activating a bonus to drop rates on the detection of particular pieces of music that relate to the current activity.

See also Buff functions. Signature:

NoMusicLessRares(active,genrebonus)

Arguments:

• active - Whether or not the music detection is enabled (boolean)
  • genrebonus - gives an additional bonus should the musical genre be related to the activity, in addition to the song title or lyrics. (boolean)

Found this somewhere on the web at random and was remided of it by this thread, Cheesy quaver happy music ;)

Seapunk

Last edited by a moderator:
I caught all my hats with no sound but the sweet splash of the bobber

Shhhh!

Me too, sadly I can't fish with music. :<

But I enjoy this thread so much!

If I could fish how I want to fish I would fish rare fish with the genrebonus fishing music buff to my fishing.

Fish.

Here's one kind of fishing you definitely can't do to music. Multiboxed fishing:

WoWScrnShot_071609_215137.jpg~original

With 5.1 speakers you turn the sound off on all but the character with the cross*, arrange the other 4 windows on one monitor to match the positions around you, then as well as listening for the splash, you listen for it's direction to know which window to click in.

I used to make gold when I was 19 twinking by selling savory deviate delight, up until some bastard started using a fishing bot 24/7 for months on end, crashing the market.

I came up with this and crashed his market overnight. It's nowhere near as boring as normal fishing, because you're playing whack a gnoll whith 4 floats.

* Every multiboxer quickly learns the value of unchecking 'sound in background'. I did after casting Blood Boil on my DK group. With 5 game windows, each playing the sound of 5 characters casting Blood Boil, it came to 25 copies of the same sound at once. It left my ears ringing and blew a speaker in my headphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can now personally confirm this works. After nearly two months of fishing tournaments, I caught Keefer's Angelfish this afternoon while listening to Phish.

We had a guest in the raid for water-walking buff today, from Blade's Edge, by the name of Luarnalubre.

The name struck my curiosity, as Lua is the name of the programing language used to write addons (developed at a University in Brazil), 'lua' being the Portugese word for moon.

So I googled it, and and among other things, came across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO7bUhJlAek&list=PLAD5D6AEE5B3EB109

And the owner of that character has to be the single most dedicated F2P I've ever met.

Thankyou for making this fishing competition far more interesting and enjoyable than most :)

We had a guest in the raid for water-walking buff today, from Blade's Edge, by the name of Luarnalubre.

The name struck my curiosity, as Lua is the name of the programing language used to write addons (developed at a University in Brazil), 'lua' being the Portugese word for moon.

So I googled it, and and among other things, came across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO7bUhJlAek&list=PLAD5D6AEE5B3EB109

And the owner of that character has to be the single most dedicated F2P I've ever met.

Thankyou for making this fishing competition far more interesting and enjoyable than most :)

Holy crap... and some people think IM an altaholic lawl

Users who are viewing this thread