First Video: Duel vs Rngmonsterx aka Hypercranks aka éldx

Vapriest

Legend
One of a series of duels i recorded earlier, was the fastest of them all so figured i'd give editing a go with it, hope you guys enjoy!

Vapriest v Rngmonsterx (Ryan) Disc v Frost Mage Duel - YouTube

YT Description:
Hi guys, first video for you all, just a quick standard duel against Rngmonsterx aka Ryan. Definitely not the best duel from my pov, mainly down to Ryan knowing my playstyle inside out and the fact he should always win without LoS, hope you guys enjoy and don't flame the editing too hard, first time for everything!

PS: Respect to Ryan for faking all my deaths, too good!

Music: Sneakbo feat L Marshall - Song for tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Rollin with da nines

Nice duel but mage should have ended you in the 3rd deep though :/
]
That would normally be the case, like he said it was a quick duel and nowhere near our best, I play vs rob with lower SP than usual and about 350 resi to make it fairer for him, Seeing as if i rolled mostly pve / full pve it woudn't be much contest no matter how sick of a priest rob is.

Mage vs disc in duel is all bout fucking mindreading. Its all about if the mage fakes the poly so the priest death's it. If he gets the sheep its just dispel and dead in the third deep.

Thanks for the constructive and not so constructive comments, as ryan rightly points out there's no way any disc could ever beat a full pve mage in 0 resi. The 3rd deep as you can see i get a 4k PoM crit on his first frostbolt which effectively negates it, so instead of the usual 3 frostbolt 1 lance combo he only hits a 2 frostbolt 1 lance, quick question though, if i was to make more videos, what would you guys like to see? Duels wise i don't think there's much point dueling any other class, so more against mages/bg footage/possible arena footage?

Thanks for the constructive and not so constructive comments, as ryan rightly points out there's no way any disc could ever beat a full pve mage in 0 resi. The 3rd deep as you can see i get a 4k PoM crit on his first frostbolt which effectively negates it, so instead of the usual 3 frostbolt 1 lance combo he only hits a 2 frostbolt 1 lance, quick question though, if i was to make more videos, what would you guys like to see? Duels wise i don't think there's much point dueling any other class, so more against mages/bg footage/possible arena footage?

I always love a good arena. :]

So you back playing now? My mage is on ally now with ryan :)
Just been on diablo for a while...

I don't really get this, you look for constructive criticism on this video? It's one duel, in bad quality not playing too well? :S What was your goal with this?

I don't get why you started with buffs i mean giving a mage shadow protection and especially fearward is a bit weird, since it only ends up costing you time to remove them.
Ofcourse you shouldn't winning at all if the mage is even playing decent .However playing alot more offensive then you did in that video usually helps.

Arena for the next video it is, probably be in a few weeks though, guess you'll have to wait in suspense ;) all dem haters all from the same guild ;) reason why i start with buffs: just a habit, also means that if i can death his first polymorph if i have 3 stack grace still up with a pom/renew whatever. chances are he won't get through the trash debuff. AGainst any ordinary mage works fine, just not against ryan :)

Users who are viewing this thread