First 2200 this season, rank 1 29 bracket & all brackets EZ Clap

Just “membo” what god spelled backwards is...

/cheers
Dog and that's what we are. But unfortunately every dog needs a shit and you'll be the ones eating our dog shit when you're face down in the arena farmed by the DOGS, I mean GODS themselves.

33979c402223dd81124f4bd49d263b4a.jpg

Dog and that's what we are. But unfortunately every dog needs a shit and you'll be the ones eating our dog shit when you're face down in the arena farmed by the DOGS, I mean GODS themselves.

33979c402223dd81124f4bd49d263b4a.jpg

You keep forgetting there aren’t arenas in lowbie brackets my friend, only skirmishes.
Arenas are for big boys at end game.

/cheers

We'll farm you in the twink bracket and endgame bracket, we are gods of this game. Give bnet and we'll put you in the ground.

If that’s your claim to fame. Being “gods” in a video game, then more power to you my friend.
I’ll settle for being average at video games and great at real life over that any day of the week.

/cheers

Almost 2300.

KKuIEBh.png

Can someone explain how this arena system actually works? It makes no sense to us.

We currently have 295 more wins than Vinna and 7 less losses yet 2 losses literally sets us to rank 3? We claim it back easily despite the fact each win gives us 0-2 rating which literally takes about 30-40 minutes queue time but 295 more wins and 7 losses? That makes no sense at all.

I just can't comprehend how this arena rating system works.
[doublepost=1544441713,1544441378][/doublepost]Last night we won 50 games and gained 20/25 rating which put our arena rating at 2340 however we took 1 loss, this put us back to 2220 then we won ONE game and it put us to 2251 then won another and it put us to 2271, then we didn't gain anything for 10 games in a row and then started climbing slowly again.

We then later after many wins took another loss, which set our rating down to 2252 and then we went back up to 2260 after queuing for another hour of wins.

Makes zero sense.

Almost 2300.

Can someone explain how this arena system actually works? It makes no sense to us.

There's many different ways that a game can matchmake and score rating. I'm not sure on what system this website bases it's figures on.

Generally you win/lose rating at a rate determined by your MMR vs the team you win/lose against's MMR.

But there can be hidden values too such as individual MMR which can greatly skew the final result.

If you're at the top of a ladder like you are it's safe to assume that you won't gain much rating per win because everyone you win against is below you. This stops the ladder being stretched to crazy numbers...

But there can be many hidden values that have an impact on your earned/lost rating.

This is also why arena rating isn't the best way to find the best players because they can gain a high rating fighting low mmr. As long as they grind enough they can still climb the ladder. This is why tourneys are preferred when determining no.1 spots. :Kappa:

There's many different ways that a game can matchmake and score rating. I'm not sure on what system this website bases it's figures on.

Generally you win/lose rating at a rate determined by your MMR vs the team you win/lose against's MMR.

But there can be hidden values too such as individual MMR which can greatly skew the final result.

If you're at the top of a ladder like you are it's safe to assume that you won't gain much rating per win because everyone you win against is below you. This stops the ladder being stretched to crazy numbers...

But there can be many hidden values that have an impact on your earned/lost rating.

This is also why arena rating isn't the best way to find the best players because they can gain a high rating fighting low mmr. As long as they grind enough they can still climb the ladder. This is why tourneys are preferred when determining no.1 spots. :Kappa:
I see, I'm sure the arena ladder on this website is not functioning correctly though.

This is why tourneys are preferred when determining no.1 spots. :Kappa:

Time to sign up and watch the gods do what they do best, dominate.

I see, I'm sure the arena ladder on this website is not functioning correctly though.

I think that the ladder on this website has trouble managing such a small group of players + many players are kicked from the ladder for inactivity.*

*Assuming that the ladder only tracking players signed up.

Almost 2300.

KKuIEBh.png

We currently have 295 more wins than Vinna and 7 less losses yet 2 losses literally sets us to rank 3? We claim it back easily despite the fact each win gives us 0-2 rating which literally takes about 30-40 minutes queue time but 295 more wins and 7 losses? That makes no sense at all.

I just can't comprehend how this arena rating system works.
[doublepost=1544441713,1544441378][/doublepost]Last night we won 50 games and gained 20/25 rating which put our arena rating at 2340 however we took 1 loss, this put us back to 2220 then we won ONE game and it put us to 2251 then won another and it put us to 2271, then we didn't gain anything for 10 games in a row and then started climbing slowly again.

We then later after many wins took another loss, which set our rating down to 2252 and then we went back up to 2260 after queuing for another hour of wins.

Makes zero sense.

Skirmish uses hidden MMR, but doesn't match your games by it. Skirmish prioritizes amount of games over balanced games. The MMR system itself works like at endgame. So let's say you have low MMR, face a high MMR team. You're gonna win a lot of MMR, while the other team loses a lot of MMR. Vise versa, if you're the high MMR team facing a low MMR team and win, you might gain 0 or very little depending on the MMR gap.

I think that the ladder on this website has trouble managing such a small group of players + many players are kicked from the ladder for inactivity.*

*Assuming that the ladder only tracking players signed up.
Yeah.

Also the ladder constantly bugs out, it stops displaying everyone's rating every now and then.

Skirmish uses hidden MMR, but doesn't match your games by it. Skirmish prioritizes amount of games over balanced games. The MMR system itself works like at endgame. So let's say you have low MMR, face a high MMR team. You're gonna win a lot of MMR, while the other team loses a lot of MMR. Vise versa, if you're the high MMR team facing a low MMR team and win, you might gain 0 or very little depending on the MMR gap.
I understand how the whole concept of MMR works and I understand that if we lose to a high rated mmr team we don't take as much rating loss as we would for losing to a low MMR team.

But what I can't get my head around is how we have 295 more wins than Vinna and he has 7 more losses than us yet 2 losses for us literally sets us below him?

Users who are viewing this thread