Feral still a thing?

great now I am jealous...sigh better start lvling a druid. Any tips?

Nice thing about Druids, you can queue instances as tank/dps or heals, I usually run tank, as it's easier to guide the group and run it the way/route you like to go.
Makes getting your gear, if you aren't buying pieces of the AH, alot easier than say being a pure dps class, like mage, lock, hunter.
Also, the best part, you can prowl around in any spec and solo some instances, skip trash mobs entirely, etc.
Druid would have to be my fav class, followed by Monk.
Again, the utility of being able to run as tank, dps, or heal is a huge plus.
Self heals are less effective as Monk than on Druid though, some instances I soloed on Druid,(Shattered Halls/Shadow Laby);
I could not on Monk.

I found self heals on druid very poor because if you leave bear form with a big pull you suddenly drop, however I have been meaning to try a full boe leech set to see if it's affective possibly Vers/haste/leech so when I'm trying to rush dungeons with friends gearing there twinks the mass of aoe bleeds and dots can possibly make it easier to self sustain? But I've not tried it. I suspect it would be a good tank since brambles does so much of your damage

Sorry for a bit off topic, but what is the general feel on Resto Druids? Are they good? How about as F2P?

Of all the classes I have tested so far, (got a dk, pala, hunt, rogue, druid, warlock, mage, monk all 20 twinks) druid is the only class that feels dysfunctional. You just don't have enough core skills, no matter what spec.
Many important skills are acquired between 21-29, so I guess a 29 could work.
Right now the ferocious bite one-trick poney/ flag carrier is what we sometimes see in BGs, and they do good, but is rather dull to play (just my opinion).

PS: My first post here after a long time leeching infos anonymously on this forum so hi to everyone, hope I can repay a bit of what I learned here with my own finds.

Sorry for a bit off topic, but what is the general feel on Resto Druids? Are they good? How about as F2P?

Maybe there's some debate, but they feel like the weakest healer to me. Druid in general is fun as a F2P if you like spending time gearing out multiple sets. They're the only class that can go melee dps, ranged dps, tank, and healer. Can they do any of that really well? No. But they have options.

Of all the classes I have tested so far, (got a dk, pala, hunt, rogue, druid, warlock, mage, monk all 20 twinks) druid is the only class that feels dysfunctional. You just don't have enough core skills, no matter what spec.

For sure. Druid is a master of none. I only feel obligated to play mine because I got epic procs on https://www.wowhead.com/item=37041/scepter-of-the-winterfin?ilvl=24, https://www.wowhead.com/item=108902/armored-elekk-tusk, and https://www.wowhead.com/item=111530/giantstalkers-guile :ez:

In a competent group with better than average heals, decent gear and a clue, you can do well.
However, in an underpowered group with lack of heals, you will get kited mercilessly as Feral, and blown up as Balance.
Big bites and Starsurges are nice, but bites take 5 combo point build up and to be in melee range.
Starsurge is instant cast but has a fairly long cooldown.
Lack of slows and interrupts at 20 is a pain, too.
Often find myself in crowd chasing enemy heals, while trying to keep dots on other enemy toons, and just flat out of energy.
Don't think you can stack enough haste at 20 to really make a difference.
Druids run much smoother after you get Omen of Clarity.
Entangling roots is okay, but whenever I try to cast it, I either get interrupted/nature locked or enemy has run out of range by the time I can get the cast off.
Moonfire as a dot isn't that great on either balance or feral.
Old days, back when Balance druids had a talent called Insect Swarm, those 2 dots and a wrath or 2 could down an opponent.
I've heard tho, that Balance druids/Moonkins/Boomkins are strong endgame at 60.
As druid, level 20, you are missing too many talents/tools to be strong in the bracket.
Like skull bash, infected wounds, 4 sec stun on rake, omen of clarity, Mighty Bash stun, etc for feral.
Moonkin form, Starfall, the silence as Balance.
Additionally, the 2nd spec affinity you can choose later on, helps alot with survivablity and utility in groups.
Ferals usually take the Guardian Affinity and Boomkins the Resto.

Users who are viewing this thread