feral boomkin is real

AZAN6ke.jpg

Go cat > get 5 cp > shift boomkin > starsurge > lunar eclipse if possible > starfall > displacer beast > ferocious bite

Instant 100-0, pretty much works on anyone

Lol u played wod yet? On a vet boomy its more like
Kill 2 people while building up 5 combo points
kill another player with SS MF and SF and then displacer to oneshot a 4th player with fero bite.

Go cat > get 5 cp > shift boomkin > starsurge > lunar eclipse if possible > starfall > displacer beast > ferocious bite

Instant 100-0, pretty much works on anyone

IMO a simple starsurge -> displacer -> ferobite works the best, since they can be landed exactly the same time so there's literally no time to heal. But guess they both work :p

kill another player with SS MF and SF and then displacer to oneshot a 4th player with fero bite.

lmao funny cus its true

Last edited by a moderator:

IMO a simple starsurge -> displacer -> ferobite works the best, since they can be landed exactly the same time so there's literally no time to heal. But guess they both work :p

lmao funny cus its true

Agree with both of you :p I was more talking in a balanced healer/dps vs healer/dps 2v2 situation, but yeah, you're definitely right about cleaning up with boomies.

Now let's see that bite on someone with any sort of dmg mitigation ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Would something like this be effective on a starter? I've been thinking of going balance/resto and play in cat, and trying to piece gear together. I have the fang set and the heirloom 1h/oh, but I'm not sure of everything else.

Would something like this be effective on a starter? I've been thinking of going balance/resto and play in cat, and trying to piece gear together. I have the fang set and the heirloom 1h/oh, but I'm not sure of everything else.
I think a 2h would be better

resto in cat for is viable, but its more effective to play as hybrid; with the fang set you lose a lot of int and your heals will be weaker (for instance your rejuvenation will be weaker than feral's);
probably, best is to take full int set, your AP equals your SP in cat form, my setup: Paranoi @ The Maelstrom - Community - World of Warcraft
also, switch between cat and bear, start as bear to put bleed on target and then switch to cat, or start as cat, and when out of energy switch to bear

for weapon, 2h seems better

resto in cat for is viable, but its more effective to play as hybrid; with the fang set you lose a lot of int and your heals will be weaker (for instance your rejuvenation will be weaker than feral's);
probably, best is to take full int set, your AP equals your SP in cat form, my setup: Paranoi @ The Maelstrom - Community - World of Warcraft
also, switch between cat and bear, start as bear to put bleed on target and then switch to cat, or start as cat, and when out of energy switch to bear

for weapon, 2h seems better

Mindthrust or owl bracers
Lavish Jewe Ring
Treebark jacket or something with more int

Mindthrust or owl bracers
Lavish Jewe Ring
Treebark jacket or something with more int

some items are up for discussion for sure, I just wanted to provide a rough basis

edit: perhaps as a hybrid you might not want to to go for the extreme dps int setup, and lose the stamina;
on the other hand, it could be interesting, especially if this enabled you to potentially kill healers (shaman, priest); I found that the burst on my resto druid wasn't enough to kill them

How can hybrid be any better than just going feral?

I don't BG; I terrorize Ashenvale, and I went like 14-2 in a half hour today. The one death was to a 28 feral who barely escaped me a few minutes earlier and caught me while I was slaughtering a mage. The other death was when I tried 1v2 against a shaman and a warrior.

Displacer, rake, shred, shred, tiger's fury, shred, ferocious bite, gg. They're dead before they even know what's going on. Half the time they die before I even get to FB. that makes the next kill that much quicker.

How much crit does that boomie build have? I'm sitting on 33.33% unbuffed on a linked starter edition. Full vet with max enchants must be insane.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

How can hybrid be any better than just going feral?

I don't BG; I terrorize Ashenvale, and I went like 14-2 in a half hour today. The one death was to a 28 feral who barely escaped me a few minutes earlier and caught me while I was slaughtering a mage. The other death was when I tried 1v2 against a shaman and a warrior.

Displacer, rake, shred, shred, tiger's fury, shred, ferocious bite, gg. They're dead before they even know what's going on. Half the time they die before I even get to FB. that makes the next kill that much quicker.

How much crit does that boomie build have? I'm sitting on 33.33% unbuffed on a linked starter edition. Full vet with max enchants must be insane.

I guess its not about outdpsing feral,
for resto cat form provides good source of damage - more versatility
boomkin can probably do better dps with spells, but cat form might be better in some situations

Gotcha. I guess it depends on what you're doing. I was resto in the fang set for most of MoP, but went straight feral as soon as WoD dropped. Feral has completely replaced my rogue for Ashenvale ganking toon of choice.

I did see a warrior wrecking some people. Gonna have to give that a whirl.

I know that almost the whole community rerolled or came back to AP, but I still play on Vashj. It's kind of lonely, but Vashj is merged with Black Rock, Darkspear, and most importantly, Tichondrius. If you like wpvp, Vashj is where it's at.

Gotcha. I guess it depends on what you're doing. I was resto in the fang set for most of MoP, but went straight feral as soon as WoD dropped. Feral has completely replaced my rogue for Ashenvale ganking toon of choice.
I should point out that fang set is imho not useful for resto and boomkin since you get AP also from int. You migt get slightly better AP if you use some agi gear in cat form, however you loose on heals significantly (your heals will be weaker than ferals/guardians), therefore one should use int gear to keep the healing capability (similar for boomknins).

feral (unfortunately) outshines rogue in almost every aspect these days, in particular for world pvp you cant beat the druid's versatility. I like the fact that ferals had to use their full arsenal in mop to bring down rogues (except towards the end of mop when rogue's burst became a bit too strong), these days one just pops rejuv and watches the rogue die.
btw, for wpvp feral is probably the best druid spec, stun+bust, moment of surprise, etc
thats why wpvp became boring for me, too predictable if you are just ganking ppl.

Yeah. Maybe my memory is serving me wrong. I used the fang set with skillpatch, the WSG neck, and the rest int off pieces and ran a hybrid resto during Cata/Mists, but with WoD I had to go straight feral. The change that made int useless for agi specs, and agi useless for int specs changed the game when it comes to druids, and made the fang set obsolete.

But yeah, hybrid works. I did it at the very beginning of WoD. Was top damage as resto in dungeons lol. I just can't justify playing hybrid when ganking is what I do. Like I said, I don't BG. the nerd rage and the gy camping ruin it for me. If Im in Ashenvale and need to cast rejuv, I already lost. That extra 50 HP per tick won't change anything. And as feral, you're hitting TF about the same time that they're coming off the stun. Even if a hunter hits me with a concussive shot and disengages, it doesn't matter. One more hit and they're done. That's a moonfire.

Users who are viewing this thread