Felmyst

Greenye

Legend
Hi guys ive been doing BC raids for awhile now but the other day i tried sunwell for the first time everything was going good till we got to felmyst. I was just wondering if any 1 can explain to me how we know were to run dureing his air phase so we dont get mced? TY

Or just nuke her before air phase. ( this tactic is easier : ))

You can Greenye, pop heroism RIGHT at the start, and have everyone max dps her. Won't be able to do it with a L70 only raid though. Need mostly 80s to do it.

9/10 pugs will not be able to down this boss unless you can zerg her before the boss goes into the air phase. The reason being that even with a very smart group, the moves are somewhat random and it will only take one person to screw it up for the whole raid. I've done it both the traditional way and through zerging, and you'll have more success if you just recruit heavy dps. Only 2-3 healers are needed, plus 1-2 tanks. Everyone else in the raid should be a 2500+ dpser. Use heroism and all cooldowns. Down her in 30 seconds and the rest will go smoothly.

We tried the zerg once and she got stuck at 1% thats why i thought you couldnt kill her before air phase.

Dietz said:
9/10 pugs will not be able to down this boss unless you can zerg her before the boss goes into the air phase. The reason being that even with a very smart group, the moves are somewhat random and it will only take one person to screw it up for the whole raid. I've done it both the traditional way and through zerging, and you'll have more success if you just recruit heavy dps. Only 2-3 healers are needed, plus 1-2 tanks. Everyone else in the raid should be a 2500+ dpser. Use heroism and all cooldowns. Down her in 30 seconds and the rest will go smoothly.

Don't forget Priest(s) for Mass Dispel!

Greenye said:
We tried the zerg once and she got stuck at 1% thats why i thought you couldnt kill her before air phase.

If Felmyst even begins to go into phase 2 (aka she flaps her wings getting read to take off = phase 2 even if she is still on the ground) then you can't kill her until next ground phase again.

Well, too avoid the mc, dont stand in her breath. Many ranged manage to decide they want to keep attacking her while mashing buttons and not looking at where she's breathing >.<

Unholy[S]haman;158148 said:
If Felmyst even begins to go into phase 2 (aka she flaps her wings getting read to take off = phase 2 even if she is still on the ground) then you can't kill her until next ground phase again.

this. i do the zerg way everytime...its just easier than trying to get lvl 80s, who think its a faceroll instance (b/c they never did it at 70), to do the legit strat. hero + some good dps = win. if she even starts p2 a tiny bit she will be stuck at 1% min and do p2. but get that lil extra oomph - not hard with 80s - and you can kill her p1

first of all, first phase is 1 min. and she has 4,903,346 health, and the first 1~2 second you can't reach full DPS, the last 1~2 second doesn't count either because if she starts air phase then her health will be stuck at 1 until she lands again, meaning you have to endure the air phase.

so you have 56 seconds to down her.

that translates to 87559.75 dps, meaning, you need 88k dps.

an average 80 can pull around 4~6 dps. so if you pug, you need 15~18 average 80 dps players.

if you bring decked out raiders that know what they are doing, 10~11 is enough.

a few more key points,

1, bring more ranged dps and let them spread out because felmyst can waste 6 seconds of someone's precious time or even kill everyone around him with this spell. if you are rich, get lots of this and give one to each melee person one and that way you don't need to worry about Encapsulate.

2, bring a shaman for heroism.

3, bring a rogue for expose armor.

4, make sure a warlock keeps curse of elements on her.

5, heroism 5~10 seconds into the fight, not right in the beginning or in the end.

6, mass dispelling gas nova is important.

7, tank her in the open region(far from the big tree near where you jump off), and if she does reach air phase, let everyone hide behind the big tree and pray that she doesn't deep breath there.

the last 1-2 sec certainly counts, we've killed her right as the wings flap, so 58 sec if you count a two sec ramp up time. if it does make it to p2 tell everyone to settle down and pretend you're fighting ony; just watch where she's gonna go and avoid her breath.

one of the main problems is dps stands in gas cloud and priests dont dispel. 80s just run into this fight thinking that 70 content is ez...just make sure they have the fight explained to them and kick any retards from the group. try to bring as many 80s as possible, and mix up classes. dont try to make a 10m sw run, especially not w/o a shaman...unless the 9 people are decked out in ilvl 277 gear AND know the fights. just be patient and get at least 15 people before heading out. brief them on all the fights, and knock it down.

Users who are viewing this thread