Fear In A Box (AGM Easy Mode)

Sadly, this is a Gnome only trick that a Twinkinfo member posted about a month ago called "Gnome in a box". I decided to give a try...I must say it works like a charm. Today I got 3 out of 3 trinkets which so far is a 100% success rate! The trick is you log out where the Arena chest spawns (while noones around of corse), then log in right as the chest is spawned. this worked so well and without anyone attacking me...well they killed me after i looted :p .It was an awesome feeling to have 5-6 level 80's scratching their heads as the swirl came from the chest and noone was in sight! I took a SS to show what it looks like.

fearinabox.jpg

this is awesome, inc agm for me.

and, how do you figure out where to stand?

Ive been doing this for a while, it works pretty well. The only downside is getting tab-targetted and killed :p

Tab targeting doesn't really work against it there are multiple oponents in the arena - BUT;

Concecrate

Holynova

Deathknigth ground thingy

Arcane explosion

all will interrupt it and are use all too frequently - still this trick is pretty durn sweet.

Now while gnomes can leave their corpse there and res inside the box there is a way that should work for almost every race to do the very same thing.

(not this is untested as I actually only just though of it now )

8xPygmy Oil when drunk in rapid succession will turn you into a gnome!

so;

1) Gnomify your self

2) Log out at the chest position when nobody is arround

3) log in and loot

4) Profit ;-)

Now there is one thing that is of concern here the pygmy gnome has a rather tall mask that migth stick through the top of the box.

Luckily there is a remedy for that as well - The bunny maker! [edit: if you foolishly threw away this awesome item it's possible that you can remove the mask by swapping / removing your regulare head gear - atleast that used to work for the deviate ninja]

This removes the mask and give some ears that are a lot less visible - and unless they fixed it removing the buff leaves you mask and earless :)

One question remains - is the pygme gnome's model so tall that your name will poke through the box?

oh and the trick is self obviously works best for shortnamed gnomes with short/no guild name as long names would stick through the sides of the chest depending on where the viewer is looking at your from.

Sadly I wont have time to test this untill sometime mid next week :| so if anyone tries do report you success / failure here.

My gnome lock did 7/12 doing the "BEAR ATE THE GNOME" trick.

You need two accounts and a druid. I got 7 of my trinkets by logging in my druid, going bear form and standing near the box. I would immediately log my gnome in and get to looting. My gnome would come into game inside of the bear form :)

the trick is pretty sweet. I am going to try it on my gnome tonight.

yup works really well, especially if the other combatants are alliance, carbonite addon wont alert them you've spawned in the chest, and even easier to have a spotter in the stands. particularly satisfying to snag the chest while they're emoting on my decoy spotter :)

Murk said:
this is awesome, inc agm for me.

and, how do you figure out where to stand?

I had to run in the day before and hopped on top of the chest. I knew I wouldent be able to get the trinket on that attempt, so it was all just to mark my spot.

I forgot lastnight to say how I know when to login my 19! What I do is park my main (sitting looking afk) as my spotter. When Short John starts down the ramp into the arena I begin to logout my main (takes 20 seconds). Then when he's loggedout I immediately login my 19, and as soon as I can beginn my looting. I cannot stress enough... TURN ON AUTOLOOT! And be sure to have your bags empty enough for 5 items at least.

I like this, maybe getting AGM on a PvP server wont be as hard as I thought ;)

Drayner said:
My gnome lock did 7/12 doing the "BEAR ATE THE GNOME" trick.

You need two accounts and a druid. I got 7 of my trinkets by logging in my druid, going bear form and standing near the box. I would immediately log my gnome in and get to looting. My gnome would come into game inside of the bear form :)

I used to go moonkin and stand on my friends(we're horde) no short people.

Cant recall how many times I died RIGHT after clicking ok, I use this now

NoBoPWarning - Addons - Curse

Doesn't have to do with snagging chests in the arena, but my friends and I used to use something like this for capping flags in AB :p One of us would mount up on a kodo and stand beside the flag, and another one would click the flag from within the kodo while other people were fighting around it - worked a fair bit surprisingly

Frosty said:
There is a bug so mammoths can be ontop of mailboxes. Wonder if this works for the chest?

I have a Grand Mammoth on my main, that sounds like it's worth a try to help other twinks easily get their AGM! ; )

I did in on my druid using Pygmy oils ;)

Ramune said:
I did in on my druid using Pygmy oils ;)

Glad to hear that this method helped someone else! I think it got slightly overlooked in the previous post due to it was mixxed in with a ton of other great tricks, so I thought I would make a post with a visual to give it more credit :)

Users who are viewing this thread