Fastest path to BOA's...

Juicy

OG
So I'm finally working on getting my BOA's. So far so good, I'm at level 73 and I'm holding 14 emblems of triumph from the random dungeons daily, is there any way to speed the process up?

Are there anymore dailies at this level that will reward emblems?

Am very interested in this too, I'm in a same sort of situation.

As far as I'm aware you can just get 2 per day from the random daily dungeon. Start doing the Argent Tournament dailies as soon as you can, same goes for Wintergrasp weekly quests. Also, if you're a class that can tank or heal (or both) I'd strongly recommend doing your best to gear that spec out as you'll get extremely fast queues, healing is easier to gear starting out in my opinion. When I queue as a Tank on my warrior I get instant groups, 2 minutes waiting time max on my Healer, leads to fast BoAs. :D

Hurpdurp said:
As far as I'm aware you can just get 2 per day from the random daily dungeon. Start doing the Argent Tournament dailies as soon as you can, same goes for Wintergrasp weekly quests. Also, if you're a class that can tank or heal (or both) I'd strongly recommend doing your best to gear that spec out as you'll get extremely fast queues, healing is easier to gear starting out in my opinion. When I queue as a Tank on my warrior I get instant groups, 2 minutes waiting time max on my Healer, leads to fast BoAs. :D

Yep, my DK has already been converted over to a tank. Instaques are so nice. I've just never made it this far towards endgame, so this is all pretty new to me.

I'm there with you, my main is 78 :) just do random dungeons and quest like mad.

Once you hit 80 the emblems are insanely easy to obtain. Both VoA's net you 6, 8 after new boss is released. ToC nets you 30 from each, ToGC is another 30, Weekly raid too lol.

hit 80.

find guild with a ton of 80's

find a good tank and healer

run randoms all day.

the other day i farmed about 110 emblems in like 6 hours.

all runs between 13 + 20 mins each.

GL

At level 80 you get an emblem for every boss you down, and after doing the first random heroic, you get 2 additional emblems for every instance complete.

Only scrubs would actually use emblems of frost on endgame too don't forget. Remember twink>endgame. Those shiny frost emblems make for shinier BoA's :D

crilicilyn said:
only scrubs would actually use emblems of frost on endgame too don't forget. Remember twink>endgame. Those shiny frost emblems make for shinier boa's :d

lol not!!!

Thanks for the tips. Dinged 73 today, should be 80 in no time. Until then I'm going to keep running my daily dungeons. I'm panning on trying out the thrash blade too, since stone shards come so easily.

I've got two minds on EoF.

Use them to buy saronite on your alts. Then sell said saronite (going for 2.5k each on misha)

Use them to buy gear upgrades on your main. Better gear = faster runs = more emblems. The idea of downgrading EoF's to EoH's is just wrong.

As to grinding boa's. like another poster said, emblems are like candy at 80. Each instance is going to net you between 5 and 7. Runs are taking about 15-20 minutes each meaning you can easily get 20 emblems an hour.

Also make sure to hit all the Wintergrasp quests that you can for the shards.

Crilicilyn said:
Only scrubs would actually use emblems of frost on endgame too don't forget. Remember twink>endgame. Those shiny frost emblems make for shinier BoA's :D

Emblems of Frost ain't helping you get better BoA's.

Finally got my last BoA today. I swear im never getting another WG heirloom ever! Alliance never wins it, i logged on and for the first time in weeks it was under our control! After what seemed like months of scrapping up shards i finally have my sunderseers. BoA trinket can go play in traffic for all i care, and thankfully i dont intend to need SoJ for a while.

Crilicilyn said:

OMG i love this! I just blew 23 frost emblems on a primordial saronite and converted another 10 to heroisms!

Kore nametooshort said:
Finally got my last BoA today. I swear im never getting another WG heirloom ever! Alliance never wins it, i logged on and for the first time in weeks it was under our control! After what seemed like months of scrapping up shards i finally have my sunderseers. BoA trinket can go play in traffic for all i care, and thankfully i dont intend to need SoJ for a while.

Did you really get your last one? I just need the +6 hit staff for my mage and I'll be set I think. WG heirlooms take so long I try to stay away from those whenever I can. Grinding badges is so much easier than grinding shards.

Grabco said:
Did you really get your last one? I just need the +6 hit staff for my mage and I'll be set I think. WG heirlooms take so long I try to stay away from those whenever I can. Grinding badges is so much easier than grinding shards.

QFT. I got all i need for druid shaman and warrior. I decided to skip trinkets and BAR though. In all i have 6 shoulders 3 chests 4 weapons and maybe a couple more ive forgotten to mention. If only i could get FC and balance shoulders for my druid with emblems i could have skipped WG entirely.

Grabco said:
OMG i love this! I just blew 23 frost emblems on a primordial saronite and converted another 10 to heroisms!

Really? I've already got like 55 shards just from running dungeons, they seem to be pretty available. I haven't tried Wintergrasp yet. My DK is still on Arathor in the Reckoning BG, I hope Alliance is strong there.

Juicy said:
Really? I've already got like 55 shards just from running dungeons, they seem to be pretty available. I haven't tried Wintergrasp yet. My DK is still on Arathor in the Reckoning BG, I hope Alliance is strong there.

You cant get shards from instances if you never have WG, and my faction is pretty damn poor at it.

Kore nametooshort said:
You cant get shards from instances if you never have WG, and my faction is pretty damn poor at it.

Word, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to end game. Guess I should take advantage of that and stick around until I'm done farming these BOA's. Only Wintergrasp Heirloom I want it the Trash Blade, so that shouldn't be too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread