Farming Princess Theradras

First of all, I'm new to twinking in general and discovered this site last night. Thanks for the tips, I've learned a lot!

I was just hoping someone else could get some use out of this trick I found- it makes farming Princess 100x easier, for me at least. I'm not sure how much room for error there is, but I believe it's not a whole lot. My first time I had to kill quite a few NPCs before I got it right.

Here you can see the place for the twink(s) trying to get gear from Princess stand. There are two screenshots, one with the map zoomed in and one zoomed out. Click for a full size image.

And here is where the person running the twink through should bring Princess before killing her. I always kill a turtle first, just to make sure I have the spot down. The turtle corpse also provides a nice marker to ensure Princess is in the right spot. I've never messed up on the turtle, but I know if I ever went straight for Princess and messed it up, she'd drop the epic dagger.

Hope that helps at least someone!

Edit:

BTW, I'm pretty sure Meshlok doesn't exist. Roughly 30 runs and I still have yet to see him, let alone get my helm :(

Nice little post i never twinked this high of a lvl but mostly posting to say i like your ui :)

It is a great tip notattwink. You would be suprised how many people don't know about it. Thankfully I was well aware of it when I farmed my BoED even though it only took 12 runs. I got extremely lucky.

Meshlok does exist lol. best way to farm him is to go in the purple entrance, and have the person running you go ahead and check if he's there. if he is then you can clear the few mobs in the way.

took me 7 kills in ~25 runs to get my fungus shroud... got 4 bloomsprouts and 2 of that stupid robe.

Edit: your method of farming theradras reminds me of a way my friend discovered to farm the last boss of WC for a 19 twink... just have the twink stand at the bottom of the water filled pool at the bottom, pull him over and kill.

You may also want to explain where exactly they're standing in correspondence to other things for people that don't normally run it. I twink a lot but I am a PvE tard. I have heard of how to do this but I need more explanation.

Urdone said:
You may also want to explain where exactly they're standing in correspondence to other things for people that don't normally run it. I twink a lot but I am a PvE tard. I have heard of how to do this but I need more explanation.

Sure. Going in the portal entrance (whatever it's called, the one you used to have to use the scepter for), you go past/kill the hydras. You get to the cave like opening on the left, the twink stands directly across from that, you can match the maps up once you're in the general vicinity.

The person running the twink through makes their way to Princess. Once in the room, the area I'm standing in is on the very right hand side of the giant room. If you go just past the first turtle, you should be able to match up the maps.

Sorry if that didn't help much, I'm not a very good explainer!

Nice little post i never twinked this high of a lvl but mostly posting to say i like your ui

Thanks! Took some time, but it's the same across all my characters and works great for me.

took me 7 kills in ~25 runs to get my fungus shroud... got 4 bloomsprouts and 2 of that stupid robe.

Well, I did about 50 runs total and didn't even see him :( Going to go finish all the quests and other gear I need and then figure out if it's worth it or if I should just stick to something easier :p

i tried this wall looting thing with a guildie a few weeks ago. it had been awhile since i did it.

and it didn't work. i killed her right against the wall where i could see him on the minimap - and it did not allow him to loot.

anyone have a difference experience? maybe i'm doing something wrong? though, i doubt it, i've been using this method to farm that fatty for a long time now.

Adt said:
i tried this wall looting thing with a guildie a few weeks ago. it had been awhile since i did it.

and it didn't work. i killed her right against the wall where i could see him on the minimap - and it did not allow him to loot.

anyone have a difference experience? maybe i'm doing something wrong? though, i doubt it, i've been using this method to farm that fatty for a long time now.

I just did it tonight, those screenshots were literally from about 3 hours ago. Like I said in the OP, it took me awhile to find the exact spot, but once I did, it worked every time. I think it's more the twink's position than the person running them through, but I didn't do much experimenting once I found a spot that worked :p I tried to get the zoomed in and out map so you can see exactly where I am standing in both, I can guarantee if you are there it will work.

Nice tip with Princess. I've never had to use this, but I'm sure if I ever farmed BoED I would.

A quick tip for farming Meshlok, your high level can pull him all the way back to the start of the instance without Meshlok aggroing anything along the way.

notatwink said:
I just did it tonight, those screenshots were literally from about 3 hours ago. Like I said in the OP, it took me awhile to find the exact spot, but once I did, it worked every time. I think it's more the twink's position than the person running them through, but I didn't do much experimenting once I found a spot that worked :p I tried to get the zoomed in and out map so you can see exactly where I am standing in both, I can guarantee if you are there it will work.

ya, i can see where you are. i swear thats where i told this guy to stand. but he's never done this before, so maybe he got bored and moved. who knows. :p

notatwink said:
Well, I did about 50 runs total and didn't even see him :( Going to go finish all the quests and other gear I need and then figure out if it's worth it or if I should just stick to something easier :p

that's really weird. i'd say you're either looking in the wrong place,or just have terrible luck.

Adt said:

LOL that is pretty funny! You are the one that gave me the tip and it worked to perfection. I will say that I had a similar problem if you recall a few weeks back with Sketch. He was dead at the base of the waterfall. I pulled Meshlok, Celebras and all the trash between them to the base of the top of the waterfall. It would let me master loot every thing to him except Meshlok's loot. What was so strange is we were a good 15 runs in and it worked every other time. We both opened tickets because it did happen on the run that Bloomsprout dropped. It took 2 weeks for them to address our tickets after it was escalated. He finally got his helm in the mail one day. I have ran it for people after that and we did not have the same problem.

RickRude said:
LOL that is pretty funny! You are the one that gave me the tip and it worked to perfection. I will say that I had a similar problem if you recall a few weeks back with Sketch. He was dead at the base of the waterfall. I pulled Meshlok, Celebras and all the trash between them to the base of the top of the waterfall. It would let me master loot every thing to him except Meshlok's loot. What was so strange is we were a good 15 runs in and it worked every other time. We both opened tickets because it did happen on the run that Bloomsprout dropped. It took 2 weeks for them to address our tickets after it was escalated. He finally got his helm in the mail one day. I have ran it for people after that and we did not have the same problem.

ya, it's lame. i ran Converse like 2 or 3 Princess runs and every single time i wasn't able to loot to him. i even had him stand in a few different places. was bizarre. probably something he did, imo. knowing him, he was 10 feet away dancing with a dead hyrda's corpse.

Adt said:
ya, it's lame. i ran Converse like 2 or 3 Princess runs and every single time i wasn't able to loot to him. i even had him stand in a few different places. was bizarre. probably something he did, imo. knowing him, he was 10 feet away dancing with a dead hyrda's corpse.

Ha. That is the problem. Converse. I tried to run him with Sketch and it was unbearable. He was all over the place.

Meshlok will aggro other bog monsters. He didn't used to, but guessing they changed it. Can still kill very little, and run him back near the entrance going in from purple side though.

You can use the Princess trick posted here pretty effectively, and you can test loot by killing a few turtles in the spot where Princess would be, and seeing if any come up as the other person's loot.

I had heard of it before, but it is a very good tip. Map of it can also be found here (not my pic):

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=530992

Hrm... potentially the biggest noob post I've ever made.

I've never used any scepter to get into Mara. I've always hated Mara in Vanilla and only ran it once (unsuccessfully, might I add). Even when two boxing to gear twinks in Princess farms, I just entered Purple and ran all the way down to her room.

I have quite a few things I need from her on my paladin, so I might as well ask this retarded question now.

How do I get into the portal entrance of Mara? And when I kill the Princess, how can I leave Mara w/o having to strip naked and corpse run back (or can you?)

This -loot from a distance- will prove quite handy! Thanks :)

Velocemorte said:
Hrm... potentially the biggest noob post I've ever made.

I've never used any scepter to get into Mara. I've always hated Mara in Vanilla and only ran it once (unsuccessfully, might I add). Even when two boxing to gear twinks in Princess farms, I just entered Purple and ran all the way down to her room.

I have quite a few things I need from her on my paladin, so I might as well ask this retarded question now.

How do I get into the portal entrance of Mara? And when I kill the Princess, how can I leave Mara w/o having to strip naked and corpse run back (or can you?)

This -loot from a distance- will prove quite handy! Thanks :)

In 3.0.8 they removed the need for the Scepter of Celebras. The Portal is always up now. If you follow the cave to the point that you would turn left to go purple or right to go orange take the middle. You will wrap around and find a portal. I can't post any SS of it from work.

Lots of ghost runs in your future there really isn't another option other than dieing. I am pretty certain you could continue to the exit but it really is a huge waste of time.

i farmed meshlok for his leather chest by myself with a 49 twink druid I made, I could stealth through all the mobs and then I could solo him at 40 something because i had pretty good gear.

/target meshlok

(he's not stationary he has a patrol route.)

Users who are viewing this thread