Status
Not open for further replies.

orlyahrly

What are your opinions on farmin gy :p

Is it bad 'etiquette' or fine?

-->' GY farmin' is teh skill'<--

Magnetic said:
-->' GY farmin' is teh skill'<--

My take on GY farming and people who complain about it?

STFU

if you are bad enough to get camped then you deserve it ^^

If you can farm GY (mainly only possible with some healers) your team is way stronger as the opposing team, means it makes no sense killing noobs all the time.

Often i'm going to deliver the last flag and then some 'guy' that is mainly the MOST USELESS fucker out of the entire WSG ask me to keep the flag so they can farm...

Imo. they FAIL.

I rather win such warsong gulch fast and oppose another warsong gulch with some real twinks that are actually a challenge to kill.

GY camping is a viable strategy if someone is capping the flag constantly. any game that lasts more than 15 minutes in which GY camping is occuring is IMO bad taste. however, it is a good strategy if your team is constantly getting returns and capping the flag because the opposing team cannot help out their team at all.

Druiddroid said:
GY camping is a viable strategy if someone is capping the flag constantly. any game that lasts more than 15 minutes in which GY camping is occuring is IMO bad taste. however, it is a good strategy if your team is constantly getting returns and capping the flag because the opposing team cannot help out their team at all.

I laughed, PrAyer told me that was a tactic aswell, realise it, farming GY is pure fail, it's like having crusader on daggers, it fails. It's not a tactic, it's a lame excuse to be able to kill lowbies or non-twinks. And how could the alliance / horde team be a threat while running flags mid, if you can camp them? What's the diff between mid & gy? Do they become stronger in mid? Get over it, GY camping is for sissies.

Magnetic said:
/agree

But i never GY-camps.

It's not about how bad you are, due to Lord of the rings (1-3) every 11 year old play a 19 nelf hunter, when solo Q'ing and versing 5 hunters with healers, your team members are scrubs, then how the fuck does 5 hunters nuking you down envolve any skill or how could that determine how if you're bad?

If a team is camping gy and is not going for or capping their flag, then imo they are retarded. On the other hand, I had a game today where we camped the alliance gy and got our three caps in 5 mins.

There is a book I read once called "Playing to Win" by David Sirlin, I highly recommend it to all that are competitive or want to be. In it he talks about handicapping yourself to follow some code of honor and such is just a sad way to play any game. For example in Street Fighter throwing someone who is dazed. If you have never heard this house rule, you are most definitely not old school. I think that rule is stupid and silly. Anyways I think any strategy that is not an exploit, which in sense is cheating, is okay if your objective is to win the game. If you are a premade 10 man versus some PUG who doesn't have a strategy or know how to play why should you handicap yourself, to make yourself feel better?

There are lots of different strategies that make it seem unfair, but in reality they aren't. You just need a better counter strategy. I know it seems hard when the PUG doesn't care, but you can't get upset with the fact that the other team has a competent strategy and your PUG won't listen to you so they can win.

Now granted some people, especially nubs, use strategies for no other reason than to stroke their e-peen. People who feel that they spent their time and money on this rogue/hunter twink and now they have the right to farm nubs and not care about winning the game. Yes there will be bad eggs, nothing we can do about it, just shoulder on.

So in closing or TL;DR speak. You don't have to graveyard camp if you don't want to but don't complain about those who do who use it as a strategy to win the game.

Giveupnoww said:
If a team is camping gy and is not going for or capping their flag, then imo they are retarded. On the other hand, I had a game today where we camped the alliance gy and got our three caps in 5 mins.

Due to flag cap cd, starting cd, a 5 min game is quite impossible, unless you have 6 rogues with swiftness potions.

well, is the hardest thing in bg.

i don't know how is for other clasess but for a warr is verrry hard and i can't stand more than 2-3 min there in WG

in AB is easier - sometimes a couple of dudes stuck there and me and another twink just hunt them down while they are triyng to run... heheheeh

If one team is too bad to get off their gy then it's not the opposing teams fault, in my opinion everyone should just do as they want I don't see gy camping as bad.

I persnally doesnt do it because if the team is that bad I'd rather end the game so I can get new opponents that might challenge me more.

Farming graveyard puts you down to the same level as the fiery scrub rogues with "of the whale" gear.

It is bad etiquette.

Warbay said:
Farming graveyard puts you down to the same level as the fiery scrub rogues with "of the whale" gear.

That made me lol

so true ;)

Warbay said:

It is bad etiquette.

Lol at the comment but it's not really bad etiquete if the oposing team is an army of level 12 tits who have less than 500 hp and go into a BG knowing their going to get raped but try anyway. The other team has every right to do it and some people make twinks just to make that level 13 gnome mage's life hell.

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with it, but it should be taken seriously if your going into a real premade

Luka said:
Lol at the comment but it's not really bad etiquete if the oposing team is an army of level 12 tits who have less than 500 hp and go into a BG knowing their going to get raped but try anyway. The other team has every right to do it and some people make twinks just to make that level 13 gnome mage's life hell.

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with it, but it should be taken seriously if your going into a real premade

Anyone that is signed up on a "twinking" forum is dedicated enough to twink more serious then farming lowbies, which means this topic is more dedicated to the "top end twinks"... Atleast that's my point of view, don't know if you farm scrubs all day long or try to achieve something in the twinking community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread