Farming Gnomer for Rings and Bracers

ghank

OG
After 100 pugs running Gnomer, I had zero luck getting correct rings or bracers for my 24s. So I transferred my 90 hunter to another account, and started running my toons. It takes 15-25 minutes to run it with a group. Plus there is a queue, unless you are a tank. And if something drops, often some tard needs it that can't even use it. Running with my 90 takes 4 minutes from start to start.

Since the odds are not so good, stack them in your favor. Use a fast 90, and use the fastest route.

Here's what I learned:

High level hunter is ideal with Aspect of the Pack (130% speed). And multishot kills the mobs well.

1. Twink invites the 90 to group. Both enter instance.
2. Write down the time! Twink /follow the 90 to the parachute straight ahead.
3. Forget the chute and jump landing on the smaller gear. It takes half your health but who cares.
4. Head to the first tunnel.
5. 90 runs killing everything in the way.
6. After you clear the first tunnel, take a left at the circle. Kill the first gnome mob and jump down next to the pillar. This is a shortcut to kill the Electrocutioner and parachuting down.
7. Make your way to the last boss down the 2nd tunnel.
8. The last tunnel, on the right side of it, the Ambassdor will have a 10% chance of appearing. The addons don't always find him. You'll see 3 groups of 3 Dark Iron Dwarves, and 1 patrolling NPC. That Pat is either a Dark Iron Dwarf, or the Ambassador. So when you see the pat, you know whether he spawned or not. If you are just farming the bracers, you can skip to step 10.
9.Kill the last boss and loot.
10. 90 will leave the party.
11. Twink runs (naked helps) to somebody to die. Resurrect, accept the 25% debuff, put on clothes.
12. When 90 gets kicked out of dungeon after 60 sec, twink Resets all dungeons, invites 90, and back to step 1.

You can do 5 of these per hour before you are locked out. That's why you wrote the time you started down. After 1 hour, you can start after an instance lockout. Took me about 40 runs on my 24 hunter to get 7 nice rings (2 stam, 2 agi, 2monkey, 1 tiger), Agi bracers, and the gun. My priest has her 4 rings with 35 runs so far. She got the eagle and intellect bracers, but they were leather (fuck you very much blizz). Also got AP bracers (+18). Pally is on 20 runs with zilch. 1 down, 6 more toons to go for me!

I recommend highly that you KNOW you are lucky and will get your loot quickly and beat the odds. I ALWAYS am lucky as hell and beat the odds. When I was farming epic rings for my 29, I got them all the time. I had 8 of them for my toons. Attitude is everything. And in Gnomer, you can go mad! Legend says that after you get your loot, you are compelled to run it time and time again...

Ding, my timer is up. Time for another run, and beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the only way to farm gnomer. I've never run it with a group.

But if you play completely solo.. like i do, group is the only option..

LF someone to run gnomer with my monk. Also I can run you with my main! :D

But if you play completely solo.. like i do, group is the only option..

LF someone to run gnomer with my monk. Also I can run you with my main! :D
Ya that's a good alternative to solo. Trade runs with somebody. I'll be transferring my main back once I complete my gear, or go mad running Gnomer.

That backdoor has been removed from the game.

Realized today that there is not cloth bracers! Dammit, was trying to farm them for my priest. Took me about 40-50 runs to outfit my hunter and rogue. So there is hope! I have the runs down to 3 min now. I'm using disengage to speedup the run which works great with a stealthed rogue as they keep up. So 2-3 hours of farming this way which isn't bad. My hunter hits like a truck now (641 AP unbuffed).

My shadow priest is at 371 shadow power buffed. The damage is insane.

Grom'gol does have a portal indeed. I'm tired of pugging though, anyone want to trade runs? Sadly i only have a level 60 DK on Aerie Peak.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread