EU+US F2p questions

Ultra

Veteran
Wassupp fellas, I just got a few questions here if someone could help.

I was wanting to make a f2p twink to pass the time by until classic launch and I'm not renewing my sub until then. Ive never made a f2p before, mainly always been in the 19 bracket and haven't played for almost a year I think ( I quit before the seperated us from the levelers again). I'm torn between a few classes and how to level them, so..

1. I either want to make a mage, a druid, or a rogue. Are they somewhat viable? I don't care if they are over powered or not, I just don't want to play a bad class that can't do any damage.

2. I read some where I believe druid and mage are good, but if it's only arcane mage then I probably won't make that because I don't feel like spamming arcane missiles all day, but if frost is somewhat good then I'll probably do that. And I'm sure balance druid is still good, I know they were in 19s at least. But I don't know about rogue.

3. How should I level? I read about these epic quest upgrades, so should I try not do any quest past level 15? I'll be leveling in goldshire to 10 then west fall to 15 with heirlooms. I don't care if I don't get the epic upgrade from quest because I saw chops video where you can farm some, but I would at least like to try for it. Most I've seen is don't turn in dungeon quest or other quest until 20, but you can still go ahead and complete them while your leveling, is that true?

4. Any other things I should keep in mind making this toon or any tips?

Appreciate the feedback, mainly wanting help with which class to pick. I love mage but hate arcane play style, my main 19 was a rogue but last I played they couldn't sustain damage really, but they were really good at objective gameplay, and of course druid I know is good all around play style.

One other thing I'd like to ask, is world PvP a thing or no? Before I quit you'd have to toggle it on to do it in a major city so I couldn't go to stranglethrone anymore and just kill whoever on a pvp server , so if it's still like that then I will just roll on a random server instead of deleting a twink on bleeding hallow

Last edited:
Mage druid and rog are all good. Main mage spec is arcane, but I believe frost can be made to work. Rogue is a bit more objective based class, aka stay stealthed and wait for efc's stacks to climb.

For quests theres really only a handful that you need to avoid until you're level 20. Check the gear depository thread posted by Jwl.

I'm fairly new to 20s, so I'll let someone else cover #4

Mage druid and rog are all good. Main mage spec is arcane, but I believe frost can be made to work. Rogue is a bit more objective based class, aka stay stealthed and wait for efc's stacks to climb.

For quests theres really only a handful that you need to avoid until you're level 20. Check the gear depository thread posted by Jwl.

I'm fairly new to 20s, so I'll let someone else cover #4

Appreciate it man. Yeah if frost is somewhat viable then I'll probably do that, but if they aren't then I'll probably go druid, played rogue for so long I kinda want something new

1. All are fine just depends what you are looking for. If you are only concerned about damage then rogue may not be the best (at least as actual F2P)

2. Fire can work if you are good at cheesing the Firestarter talent for bursting people down. Frost is useful for control mostly but i haven't played around with it enough to speak on its damage. For rogue most their value comes from the control they offer and stealth pressure. Especially as F2P, without ele force and saytr you wont be doing too much damage to high armor classes. Boomie is lit

3. For ally there is an island in elwyn east of goldshire that is overflowing with murlocs. They respawn fast as shit so you can just camp out there until 15. Once you hit 15 queue up for dungeon and keep killing murlocs until you get the pop. With the random dungeon bonus and turning in the dungeon quests that don't have item rewards you should reach 20 after a dungeon or two. Can queue up BGs anytime after level 10 to break up the monotony

4. If you queue for dungeons or bgs while leveling don't open the satchels and crates until you hit 20. Always wear a city tabard in dungeons until you have enough of them at revered to fill your bag slots

Edit: Like Sanit said you can do still do quests just try to avoid doing ones with secondaries until you hit 20

1. All are fine just depends what you are looking for. If you are only concerned about damage then rogue may not be the best (at least as actual F2P)

2. Fire can work if you are good at cheesing the Firestarter talent for bursting people down. Frost is useful for control mostly but i haven't played around with it enough to speak on its damage. For rogue most their value comes from the control they offer and stealth pressure. Especially as F2P, without ele force and saytr you wont be doing too much damage to high armor classes. Boomie is lit

3. For ally there is an island in elwyn east of goldshire that is overflowing with murlocs. They respawn fast as shit so you can just camp out there until 15. Once you hit 15 queue up for dungeon and keep killing murlocs until you get the pop. With the random dungeon bonus and turning in the dungeon quests that don't have item rewards you should reach 20 after a dungeon or two. Can queue up BGs anytime after level 10 to break up the monotony

4. If you queue for dungeons or bgs while leveling don't open the satchels and crates until you hit 20. Always wear a city tabard in dungeons until you have enough of them at revered to fill your bag slots

Edit: Like Sanit said you can do still do quests just try to avoid doing ones with secondaries until you hit 20

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know fire is really dependent off process and I don't want to have to rely on that all the time, and of course frost is control, mainly good for 1v1 I would think. But I would just be doing bg, so going off that I would think druid be my best pick, since they have good damage and not just a control class, or am I wrong? And yeah I forgot I won't have the enchants which suck lol. And yeah I've gone through that Nurkic village more times than I can count with all my 19s and other twinks.

Frost's control is more useful for BG objectives than 1v1s imo. If your goal going into a BG is just to blow people up and pump damage then yeah Boomie would probably be best since even as arcane you should be looking to make use of the control you offer to help peel for healers/FC

Frost's control is more useful for BG objectives than 1v1s imo. If your goal going into a BG is just to blow people up and pump damage then yeah Boomie would probably be best since even as arcane you should be looking to make use of the control you offer to help peel for healers/FC

I don't care to much about being top damage, but like if I'm in a bg and other team not going for flag, then I want to make sure I can do some damage in mid fights, I just didn't know if frost could do that or not, I mine as well just make both lol. Do you still have to turn world PvP on to PvP on PvP servers?

Stat priority for arcane mage using arcane missiles ? crit>versa>haste ?

arcane missiles spent much mana, i think haste is third option

Users who are viewing this thread