F2P or P2P Twinking, that is the question.

Muaddib

Legend
Hi Folks,

Let me give some explanation:

I really like the "Twinking Way" of play wow, and I´m bored with the end game content right now and all my friends who I play WoW since BC stop playing, for some FPS shit out there.

And I´m here to ask, go F2P or P2P?

I prefer to tank, I tanked with Warrior, Paladin, DK and Druid since ever and this is what I do good, I don´t like the DPS race and really want to kill everyone who links recount at every boss or pull and about be a healer, I like it, but in a alt or off spec.

I really like this new "bracket" of level 20 cap but I think here go F2P or P2P?

I know the Limitations of be F2P and if I choose go P2P I will respect it in my 20 char.

But I think if I go P2P I will have more utility to the other people too, because I will be able to invite to Party and etc...

Your guys please can spare some advice here?

You said that you'd play p2p with f2p restrictions, so sit down and make a list of all the perks of p2p (with ftp restrictions) vs. ftp. Is that worth $15?

To pay, or not to pay. That is the real question.

Just make an f2p account, that way if you want to take a break from paying, but want to keep playing, you can. You can always dual-box to boost yourself too, which is something you can't do if you make a p2f2p character on your main account.

Shockur said:
having another p2p 20 that goes by f2p rules would be awesome to form groups !

This, were having a blast. I think youd have a lot more fun playing 20 by F2P rules then 24 or 20 without F2P regulations, mainly because ALL the F2P go for the ones not playing by the regulations

It would be a lot easier as far as buying mats, pots, elixirs, sharpening stones, wizard oil etc. etc. on a P2P account, as well as being able to help out F2P by forming groups, and being able to type in general and trade. You can also worg/goblin if those appeal.

im rolling a fresh 20 on ap on my p2p account that i will gear/chant within f2p rules just for the fun... being able to duel/wargame when the 24's flood the bg's would be great

Hi folks, sorry for the delay to answer, I was working like hell, but I´m good now.

@Stunnashadez

24 is good too but I´m really like the 20´s right now, but someday I will do a 24 mage to try.

@Shockur

Yep! I think like this too, free tank to F2P partys everhwere! I have a couple of plans to do with the people, like form a 5man party to kill some especial or rare elite mob in the map like the old days world bosses, but in minor scale :)

@heath

15 USD is a nice amount of money, but I pay wow since the beggining and I will not confortable to say goodbye to all my chars right at the moment, so go P2P will be easy to me.

@Yasueh

I already have a F2P account attached to my battle.net, and what you say open my eyes to this possibility, I will think about it...

@Med'an

I understood will say I will have more fun playing 20 by f2p rules or 20 without the F2P bonuses and onuses, mainly because ALL of the F2P will prefer play with other 20 F2P?

I will be discriminated for be a 20 P2P with F2P limits imposed to me by me to have fun and help people to go do partys?

I don´t realize this yet, please you can talk more about it? I´m not fighting or forum rage, what I´m doing is try to undestood here, my english is not so good :(

@Aradiel

So, this is my point, I want to do this make a Worgen Druid Tank/Healer or Warrior Tank or Human Paladin Tank/Healer 20.

@roudy

I think like this too but let us see what happens!

Nothing wrong with 20 mage. :)

Stunnashadez said:
Go 24 if you p2p

And we continue killing the bracket 1 by 1. Honestly... 90% of the level 24s I see are poorly geared. It's more of a "I'm going to show off my heirloom cloak & helmet." I have a p2p account but play level 20 f2p. If you want to use your p2p account, level to 20. Get the better gear, use your 'retail' enchants & consumables. After working out several char dev's for 20s and 24s I find the stat scaling is much better at level 20, considering some of the BiS gear is in the 15-20 level range. That's just my opinion. Good luck no matter what you choose and welcome to the bracket!

Pwnadin said:
And we continue killing the bracket 1 by 1. Honestly... 90% of the level 24s I see are poorly geared. It's more of a "I'm going to show off my heirloom cloak & helmet." I have a p2p account but play level 20 f2p. If you want to use your p2p account, level to 20. Get the better gear, use your 'retail' enchants & consumables. After working out several char dev's for 20s and 24s I find the stat scaling is much better at level 20, considering some of the BiS gear is in the 15-20 level range. That's just my opinion. Good luck no matter what you choose and welcome to the bracket!

so this is a nice and solid argument and this really move me to create a P2P twink respecting F2P rules. i will be more useful to the comunity and have the same fun.

And like many nice people here i will blog about it :) lol ty so much!

@

i like mages too and in the future i will create one!

Users who are viewing this thread