(F2p) Macro Questions

Pooh

Legend
Hey guys, ive been wanting to improve my gameplay and been searching for good macos for f2p pvp.

Can you guys so me some good macros for battle ground?

How to structure macros so they can be for certain keys? (Mod:shift spellname etc)

Some "at target mouseover" macros as well.

Also some of those arena macros that target specific targets and casts certain spells as well.

Practically macros that can make gameplay easier

And for all classes :)

Thank you guys for da support!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, ive been wanting to improve my gameplay and been searching for good macos for f2p pvp.

Can you guys so me some good macros for battle ground?

How to structure macros so they can be for certain keys? (Mod:shift spellname etc)

Some "at target mouseover" macros as well.

Also some of those arena macros that target specific targets and casts certain spells as well.

Practically macros that can make gameplay easier

And for all classes :)

Thank you guys for da support!

What a lonely thread. ^^

I once started a 20 macro guide. It's outdated in regards to new WoD spells, but there are a lot of macros for battlegrounds and for all classes in there that you could have a look at: http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/writing-macros-macro-index-49411/

There's a sticky for asking questions in regards to recent changes here: http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f29/macros-q-requests-11156/

Best macro advice for priest probably still those in Veinte's guide: http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f148/[mop]-f2p-priest-introduction-38616/

Hey, what's your class? Maybe I know some helpful macros for the class you play.. But anyway, in arena there's some basic macros you can use:

Targeting arena enemies -
/target arena1
/target arena2
/target arena3

Basically that will just target the players you are facing against in the arena, making it much faster instead of clicking the frames. :p

Focus macro -
/focus arena1
/focus arena2
/focus arena3

Those macros will allow you to set focus to an enemy player so you can get a quick cast on them. For instance if you set focus to the arena2 player and you were targeting the arena1 player, you would be able to use another macro to cc the focus player without changing targets, so that's pretty useful.

I am playing mistweaver right now, love it!

How do i make a macro that casts Soothing Mist then Surging and then cancel cast?

Important thing to note about this spell: while channeling soothing mists, Surging Mist and Enveloping Mist are instant cast and do not interrupt your channeling.

That being said, I am not sure of a macro that will work however; something along the lines of

Code:
/cast [nochanneling] Soothing Mist
/cast surging Mist

or

/castsequence [nochanneling: Soothing Mist] Soothing Mist; [channeling: Soothing Mist] Enveloping Mist

should work out for you just fine, moving onto your other questions and since I have nothing better to do so please, press like if I help you out with my post XD

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][] Detox

This allows you to detox mouseover and your primary target. Mouseover is first obviously (implying you can detox others at 20).

Code:
#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast roll

If you need to roll away from your enemy or perhaps get to an ally quicker. You will stop casting/channeling and proceed to roll. You can also do this for Tiger's Lust by replacing Roll with Tiger's Lust if you are specc'd into it.

In terms of shift ability, you can either combine one to four abilities into a macro, granted you will also need to unbind (in example) shift, control and alt 1 if they are pre-bound to anything in the key binding interface. A macro like this will look "something" like this.

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [nomodifier] (SPELL);[modifier:shift] (SPELL);[modifier:ctrl] (SPELL);[modifier:alt] (SPELL)

With a macro like this, you can essentially bind 4 abilities into one, granted at this level it might not have a whole lot of use, but I mean you could instead of casting a spell replace /cast with /use and bind 4 different potions to one button! Healing Pot, Mana Pot, Swiftness Pot, 420blazeit Pot. Just something that you "might" find useful.

I'm not sure how your playstyle is, however you can take your mouse and use it for additional binds, even if it is just your scroll wheel as that actually is 3 different buttons (scroll wheel up, down and middle mouse button), if you have additional buttons on the side or in between the left and right mouse buttons, those can be bound and put to use as well.

A lot of twinks have scroll wheel up and down bound to "interact on mouseover" for scroll clicking (you scroll over the Flag, scroll up and down on the wheel button and return the flag faster than normally clicking it). Traditionally I unbind S and usually put that into an ability so I don't S key (and I haven't since 2010).

Alternate buttons you can use on a keyboard that you might not be aware of (of course, if your willing to fail a little bit to practice and learn) are.

z, x, c, v, b, a, s, d, f, r, t, tab, F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, `, and ~ implying your play W, A, S, D

Those are 19 extra buttons that you can unbind and rebind for the sole purpose of making your gaming and live easier. Throwing in shift for z to t give you an additional 11 binds ontop of the 19, ctrl gives you an additional 11 on top of that etc etc. The only real problem I personally had when first using shift, ctrl and alt was actually having my hand get into that position fast enough. It comes with time and practice I promise.

I hope I have helped :3

Users who are viewing this thread