F2P Horde guide to reaching Bloodmyst Isle without P2P help

It felt awkward linking to my own threads in the F2P FAQ, I wonder if I should add it, maybe in a section on travel / exploration?

That sounds like a really cool idea. If it's not too much work, maybe put it in there somewhere around points 5.2 or 5.3 — making somewhat of a PvE guide section.

The cool PvE stuff is probably the most likely to get lost in the sands of time, as twinks are always doing PvP but generally stop talking about a PvE achievement after they completed it, or the event is over and done with. Posts like this guide are just too good to stay buried. I know there is a search function for TI, but that only works if you already had the idea to look for something in particular — if you never think of it, you won't ever find it. That's why I like your index so much, if you want a new goal for your f2p, or have a question about how something is done, having a good index is a good place to start.

Many of us that have been around awhile have at least heard of a lot of the amazing, unlikely things that f2ps are able to achieve, however, someone new to TI, f2p, or WoW in general, may not even know things like this are possible if they never pop up on the front page.

That's why I don't feel bad necro'ing this thread to show my appreciation/get your attention. <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely throw it in the F2P FAQ. This thread helped me out a lot when I was trying to get my Belf Magister mog, and making it more readily available / accessible could only help moar.

Thanks for this guide! I now have the Silvermoon Robes on my blood elf discipline priest. I didn't have to heal myself or use any special mounts or swim speed potions to get there. I circled the cryo-core off and on for a couple hours. First drop was the leather chest, second was my robe. Turning up the sound to hear Fenissa's stealth really helped. =)

Users who are viewing this thread