F2P and MoP

Björke

Legend
Hi guys, I'm not sure whether a thread like this exits or not, but I have been hearing some rumers concerning F2P in MoP lately. I just want to know if there are some news already and what they're saying, Pls give sources,because this thread is eventually supposed to clarify and not to confuse even more. Thx in advance

Beta has bee nup for 4+ months
mmo-champion front page
The ptr, which has all the changes, as they pertain fo trials
Nerf buffs changes, 40% resil basline
Drood super buffs, all specs
Healer's will be super gods( 6 man raid boss)
Acct wide mounts/titles/pets( oozling worth farming nao)
hunter+ rogue nerf
pally buffs
Locks revamped

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I have to specify: I have been hearing that
F2P is supposed to end at lvl 30
acc gear will not be available for low PvP (I think thats bullshit)
Any news concerning that?

Btw: Although the information collected in this thread might not be new to most of its readers I personally think, that it is nice to have it all written down on the same spot. And maybe some of the information is helpful even to the better informed ;)

There was a huge thread (probably several of them) that went over a lot of the changes to current F2P classes, specs, and other things pertaining to our bracket like mounts and achievements.

I havent heard anything about the trial level cap increasing and at this point I would basically adopt a 'believe it when I see it" attitude. What you're haring about a lvl 30 cap is pure speculation.

if anything on the trial cap, it will prob go to 60. its pretty easy to think of, just think "if i were blizz, how would i get people to pay?"

the main thing of this is, raiding. people schedule their life sometimes to raid (more seen before LFR). all the farming that you need to do, just everything about raiding, thats wow's main purpose, which is why pvp is not as balanced.

if anything on the trial cap, it will prob go to 60. its pretty easy to think of, just think "if i were blizz, how would i get people to pay?"

the main thing of this is, raiding. people schedule their life sometimes to raid (more seen before LFR). all the farming that you need to do, just everything about raiding, thats wow's main purpose, which is why pvp is not as balanced.
NOPE!!!!

it might go to 25/ 30 at the most
No news on boa's, cept that 24's get boa legs to
Panda monks will be op'd, nuff said

EDIT, most recent build saw most all abilitys reduced 1-2%
Boomkin's will still be the new hunter, with other specs semi buffed, but requiring a good player

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I have to specify: I have been hearing that
F2P is supposed to end at lvl 30
acc gear will not be available for low PvP (I think thats bullshit)
Any news concerning that?

Btw: Although the information collected in this thread might not be new to most of its readers I personally think, that it is nice to have it all written down on the same spot. And maybe some of the information is helpful even to the better informed ;)

I do not agree.
Where does this information?
I think it's stupid to think at level 30. There was no official information. The first one that finds a link earns my approval.

"Finally, there has been mention that the "trial" version of World of Warcraft could be extended beyond the level 20 limit, the amount of gold the player can carry and so on. Will the game go free-to-play? Probably not... at least, not in the foreseeable future. After all, EverQuest finally caved in after 13 years and went F2P last week, so it's not entirely impossible.

"There's a fair amount that you can experience up to level 20, because you really get most of the core systems in by that point," Lagrave told Eurogamer. "But we can absolutely say, 'Hey, why don't we make it level 40?' 'Why don't we make it level 60?', do we let you at least experience the old world? It's all possible. Right now, no, but that's all absolutely on the table."
"

It's a supposition. Why the lvl 30 specially ? Why not the lvl 25 ?

How about stuff like mail, whisper, chat, guild, access to northend/pandaria,...?

No way, trials would troll/ quintuple the gold selling problem/spam with impunity
Northrend might happen( on 85 summon only), if they made the battle chest get wrath, and tbc, stead of tbc
Expect revamps, but mostly in class changec/style of viable play
Healers will be 6 man raid bosses

As I said, it is a rumor. That is what I heard, nothing I ever read in an offical source. That's the reason why I started this thread - to get an answer...

I think level 30 could happen. When they pry the controls from Bobby Kotick's cold dead hands.

raising the cap to level 30 would be pointless. i dont expect the cap to be raised until they decide its time to either go truly f2p or maybe cap it at 60, which is where you get the biggest experience of the game, raiding.

Users who are viewing this thread